“Excellent value and location near Cairo International Airport - the BEST Marriott property in Cairo”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #10 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed January 5, 2013

With an early morning flight from nearby CAI and a less than pleasant experience at the Omar Kayyam Casino/Downtown Marriott earlier in our stay, we decided to stay here. We had no regrets.

Our rate was $20 less per night than at the other Marriott and the quality of the room was at least a star or two better than the other property downtown. The bathroom in our room was 5-star quality. Further, the staff here were very friendly and universally professional, which I can not say was the case at the Omar Kayyam Marriott.

Further, this property has a fine array of dining options onsite that range from reasonable to extravagant - truly something for everyone. We went with Lemongrass and were not disappointed with price, service or quality.

When we return to Cairo, and being loyal Marriott customers, we will plan to stay here. This is a great example of a Marriott property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear Valued guest,

Wow, Thank you for posting your wonderful review on Tripadvisor.

It is our absolute pleasure to receive such a positive comment about our services!

The JW Cairo to us is not just a hotel; it is our home that we are very proud of. Each member of the team care passionately about the experiences of our guests, and I am so pleased you had the opportunity to experience our hospitality for yourself

I trust others travelers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We just recently stayed at this property during Christmas and New Years in 2012. The rooms were very nice, we got upgraded to an Executive Suite which was extremely spacious and very comfortable as we were traveling with our 2 children. The bathrooms were well updated, clean and big as well. Mary and Sarah at the reception were absolutely fantastic in assisting our every need. We also ate at the Italian restaurant on the property and chef Giovanni was simply great. JW also has a Mediterranean restaurant and we had a chance to eat dinner there and the food was superb. Chef Nasr and our server Amr were just excellent. Our family was in a mood to eat Felafel and the restaurant prepares it only during the day, however the chef totally accommodated our request and made everything fresh for our family. We thoroughly enjoyed using the Heated Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam and Sauna and highly recommend it. We are truly satisfied by our experience at this property in Cairo and would highly recommend it to anyone visiting Egypt.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the golf course have a great view. Also, you can see beautiful sunrise from some o...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your candid comments following your recent visit to the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo.

I have passed your comments to our team: Mary, Sara, Chef Giovanni, Chef Nasr and Amr.

That really serves as a great motivation to all of us such comments as yours.

Thank you again and looking forward to welcoming you soon.

Warm regards,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Nice location, closer to airport and 10 minutes from City. Rooms were clean and staff was very friendly. The steakhouse in the hotel has great food and good menu selections. This hotel seems popular for weddings. Didnt get to use the pool but they had one of the best pools I have seen.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your kind words. Our team is delighted to know that you had a pleasant stay with us and most importantly enjoyed our service.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

Known for it's security but made me wonder if it was too much. They took away one of my dive knifes after x-raying my bags upon entry. The took my blunt one and left the sharp one. We also had a laugh when room service delivered more knives to our room with dinner.

Nice large lobby and a good Breakfast Buffet. Always nice to have free transportation from the airport. The car never arrived but they reimbursed us for the cab.

They have plenty of options for tours and friendly, knowledgeable staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for posting a review following your stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo

I am very pleased to hear that you had such a wonderful time with us and assure you of this service standard to expect on all your future visits with us.

I would look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel on every future occasion.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Right on the ring road giving access to all locations in Cairo while at 10 minutes drive from the airport
The hotel has an excellent steak house and italian restaurant
Some rooms are dated with poor sound isolation
The hotel has a swimming pool with waves (they call it the beach!) a real treat, rare to find in a hotel
stayed in that hotel 25 nights during 2012

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms facing the beach, you may get a lot of noise from the midnight parties, rooms facin...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create a memorable experience for our guests.

I trust others travelers will find your review helpful and very much look forward to welcome you back to the JW Marriott Cairo sometime in the future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 25, 2012

I need to go back!

What can I say? Beautiful rooms! Great choice of food! Beautiful spa facility's! We stayed hear just for one night , but we WILL BE BACK 2013 to see the pyramids!

100% recomend this hotel to anyone!

Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2013

Thank you for staying with us at the JW Marriott Cairo Hotel,

Looking forward to welcoming you back to the JW Marriott Cairo

Regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for two nights and conducted business meetings in its lobby during my latest stay in Cairo. It was my first time that I stayed at this hotel though it was not my first trip to Cairo. I chose it for its close vicinity to the airport in view of the demonstrations and situation in Cairo at this time. The staffs were friendly, efficient and helpful all the way from the reception to housekeeping, anytime I passed any of the staff I was greeted and welcomed. The room was spotless and clean and benefitted from a shower as well as a bath. Food at the hotel was of good quality, I had a meal in the Lebanese restaurant which serves authentic and tasty dishes (I had various starters incl. Tabboule, hummus, moutabal, sanbousik and a mix grill which had succulent lamb shank pieces, kofta and shish tawook chicken) bearing in mind that I am Lebanese the food was excellent, the restaurant also had a live signer and a belly-dancer . Another time I eat at the Italian, and once had the buffet dinner. Breakfast was plentifully and all you would expect at a five star hotel. Hotel also offers a courtesy bus to and from the airport which is well handy and arranged for my taxi to town very easily when I needed it. I will certainly stay at the same hotel on my next trip to Cairo and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for choosing the JW Marriott Hotel in Cairo for your recent stay as well as meeting requirements.

I am really delighted to read your feedback and it is so nice to hear that you had a relaxing and enjoyable time with us. Thanks for your kind comments about our F&B team and service.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back and please feel free to contact me if you need any further assistance.