“Amazing stay!!!”

JW Marriott Hotel Cairo
Ranked #11 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a great experience! We arranged complimentary airport pick up and were greeted right after the plane and had VIP service through Visa/Customer's so that was fantastic after a long flight. I loved this hotel-it was gorgeous, the staff was the best and there was great security. Hamoud and Ahamed, the bellhops, were fantastic and between both of them they had 19years of service with Marriott hotel's! I was travelling by myself at times in a taxi and using the complimentary shuttle (goes to the Egyptian Museum and Mall) and they were always looking out for me. The little cafe was perfect for croissants in the morning (very affordable too). The balcony view was fantastic! I would've loved to have been there with my child as the pool looked amazing but it was a bit chilly this time of year and no one was in it anyway. The entire hotel is very clean and spacious-boasting a huge bar and many restaurants. There is no longer a discoteque there although they still have signs saying there are-take those down JW ; ) I definitely recomend this hotel!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property following your recent stay at the JW Marriott Cairo.

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as our personalized service. It was also a pleasure to receive your kind note about our staff; and I will make sure to deliver your compliments to them.

Once again, please receive my heartfelt thanks and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Director of Rooms Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights with my partner.first night we had dinner at the Lebanese restaurant which was average.downfall of the night was the smoking area.asked to be seated in a non-smoking area,we did but there was no point really as every Tom,Dick & Harry was smoking in the damn restaurant it ruined my appetite especially just arriving from a country where smoking is banned from all undercover areas & indoors.the food here was average & overpriced.second night we had dinner at the Italian restaurant, food here is superb! & our waiter was helpful too.the fitness area is amazing!I absolutely loved it. The pools were awesome nicely heated too. I did though however feel uncomfortable as I am a female and the male staff who worked in the fitness area wouldn't stop starring at me even when I went for a swim.(sure enough I'm not the first person to be swimming in a bikini at this hotel) I find it very disrespectful! This is a 5 star hotel and thought it was very unprofessional & disgusting! It maybe the mentality but don't employ staff who are going to make guests feel uncomfortable especially if your paying top $ to stay here. The outdoor pool area was so nice & relaxing! They have life guards here too which was good.food & drink service was great! Room service was good too,you can't go wrong with the waffle chips! Yum!! Buffet breaky was also a highlight! With a wide range of different foods loved it. Staff here are not so helpful! They bearly spoke english & at times found myself trying to sort something out with them for a good 10mins the most simple things.upon checking out it took a good damn 50mins to check out due to errors on their behalf and them refunding and deducting funds from our card. It was the most frustrating thing! A couple times I called reception to enquire about restaurants and all the guy kept saying was 'room service?' Room service?' On another occasion I called to enquire about room service and all I got was 'laundry?laundry??' Jw Marriott needs to employ staff who can communicate with their guests and who can speak english..it doesn't have to be fluent but at least have some sense.one guy who worked outside one the bars from the main restaurant refused to let us sit at one his tables.he told us that he wasnt open yet.we told him it was ok we're not ordering anything yet and just want to take a seat...this guy kept refusing & refusing and I thought that was so damn rude! We're paying to stay here let me sit wherever the hell I want! We also had a bottle of Dom Perigon and asked for champagne glasses and he also refused to give that. How hard is it to give me two empty glasses so I can drink my $300 champagne??overall this hotel is clean & amazing but the staff here are ridiculous! We even had issues trying to book the hotel from overseas before we arrived. It only took us 2 weeks before got confirmation!

• Stayed: November 2012
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your detailed review on this forum.

I have taken your comments on board, and agree how sometimes some people can be insensitive ignoring etiquettes whilst dinning especially if it is a non smoking area. I have spoken with the Lebanese Restaurant Manager who will be monitoring the issue more proactively to maintain the ambience to enjoy dinning with us.

I would welcome you to contact me personally so that I can investigate your other comments further and ensure that corrective actions are taken hereafter for all the issues that bother you.
I am however glad that you enjoyed your stay overall and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon

Your constructive comments which help us improve our product and services are sincerely appreciated.

ali.ahmed@marriotthotels.com

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Loved the amenities--the waterpark, walkway around the water, different restaurants, etc.
The staff gave top-notch service. The breakfast buffet offers a staggering amount of choices for a reasonable price. For example, my son had pancakes with chocolate syrup and sushi. Odd, yes. But a combo possible because of the wide variety of choices at the buffet. All the restaurants we tried served delicious food. The rooms were very comfortable. The mini-waterpark was hit with my family.
The hotel arranged tours for us and we had a terrific experience. Our guide was wonderful and we saw saw really amazing things.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you so much for your kind feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am really pleased to have just read your review and delighted you chose to stay with us. The team here really does appreciate your nice comments and delighted to see that we live up to our motto, to make people feel special.

We are looking forward to welcoming you and your family back to our hotel and please send my sincere regards to them.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

In Cairo for business or a conference? Very close to the airport, far from the city centre, you are a captured audience when you stay at JWM Cairo, unless you really want to brave the terrible traffic. There are many upsides and a few downsides to this behemoth.

First, I don't care if it's permitted by national law, it's time for all 5 star international chains to go SMOKEFREE EVERYWHERE. The stench of cigarette smoke in the lobby, in the hallways, even on non-smoking hallways, and worst of all, in the restaurants where smoking areas sit right next to buffets and nonsmoker. THERE SEEMS TO BE NO CONCERN BY THE HOTEL for either children, pregnant women, people who suffer respiratory problems, much less the hotel staff that have to breathe in others cigarette smoke their entire workday. Time to fix this, Marriott!

Service is overall very good and friendly, from airport pick-up to departure. Staff are obviously well trained and attentive.

The fitness centre is expansive, with most of the latest equipment and even a spinning studio with Lemond bikes. However, the floors and especially the equipment need a good scrub-down. Note that it also seems to be open 24-hours, not the 7am-10pm hours that may only apply to the pool

Food is spotty. (Don't forget you have no options immediately outside and around the hotel.) Room service food ranged from OK (a teriyaki chicken burger) to terrible (a overcooked, somehow bitter glazed salmon). Buffets in the Mirage Cafe were competent but unremarkable, including the ho-hum breakfast offerings. JW Steakhouse is the same darn JW steakhouse you will find anywhere. Here the meat was delicious (and very expensive), but served up with gobsmackingly marked-up wines (tariffs? hotel margins? forcing customers to the Egyptian vino...whatever, seems unforgivable). Lemongrass Asian restaurant and the Lebanese restaurant did not disappoint others in our business group.

Parts of the hotel were looking worn out. As noted elsewhere in these reviews, apparently they are in the process of renovating.

I say JW Marriott Cairo, while very good, is just slightly missing the mark for a 5-star hotel: because of it's food, the need for a good scrubbing & reno in some spots and refusal to actively protect customers from the dangers (and annoyances) of secondhand smoke

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool and far from the restaurants A smoke-free floor does not guarantee a...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying at the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo and even more for your kind feedback

We value your feedback and comments which help us to improve our hotel products and services.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back; meanwhile please feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

This is a great hotel, well located close to the international airport and, unusually for this type of hotel, well geared up for kids who will love the mini-waterpark, kids club and play areas. There is a wide range of places to eat in the hotel, and service is courteous if a little slow at times. Public areas are well well maintained and I had a good room overlooking the lake and golf course. This is a large hotel and the layout is a little bit baffling - I stayed for 3 days and I'm was still not sure of my way around by the time I left! The only minor issue I would raise is that some parts of the hotel fabric are starting to show their age a little - could do with a bit of paint and general spruce-up in some areas.

Room Tip: Golf view rooms probably better that pool view
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience following your stay at the JW Marriott Hotel Cairo,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel. However, please note that we are undergoing a soft refurbishment, progressing room by room in our effort to improve our product and giving our guests more product quality.

Thank you again for your feedback and looking forward to welcoming you back to the JW in Cairo.

Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Enjoy the experience of attending a conference. good enviroment productive joyfull I'm every moment. I love Mondalez my team and will deliver delicious in JW Marriot
Good results comes when organization is excellent and hotel team is understanding our need and eager to serve.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Ahmed M
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your complimenting review on this forum!

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

If I can be of any particular help, please do not hesitate to contact me directly

Reviewed November 17, 2012

I choose the hotel frequently during my business trips in Cairo. To me it's still one of the best places to stay. I would like to highlight the restaurants which i can all highly recommend. Free wifi connection is another big plus since many hotels in Cairo will still charge you for this. And of course the rooms are very nice with comfy beds. Though if you are leisure traveler be aware the hotel is close to the airport but downtown Cairo can be depending on traffic an hour away, so don't expect the pyramids and the Egyptian museum being around the corner. On the plus side you will not be woken up by busses and trucks and all the noise you have to deal with staying downtown. It's an enjoyable place in a quiet and safe area and i never did regret staying here.

Room Tip: Try and get a room facing the golf course
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Bridget S
caijw, Director of Rooms Operations at JW Marriott Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Valued guest,

Thank you for your pleasant comments which I am very delighted to share with my team.

Sincere regards,