We stayed at the Cairo Marriott 3 times in quick sucession. The hotel is set around an old palace and is next to the Nile.
The rooms were nice and clean. All stays were in a Nile view room, some of the views were better than others. One stay we were upgraded to a suite which was very nice. The bathrooms in the normal rooms had a combined shower/bath which is something I don't like, however the bathroom in the suite was much larger and nicer. We had an uncomfortable bed one stay, and called the front desk to either get a new mattress or change rooms. Someone from housekeeping came up and removed the matress pillow layer (like a soft bit that goes on top of the matress) and then it was fine.
We ate at the hotel restaurant Egyptian nights a few times, it was very nice. It's outdoors, there's a singer and the smell of people with their hookah pipes wafting through the air (the air smelt like roast apple). There's also a couple of ladies making fresh bread (aish) for everyone. There were plenty of other restaurants in the hotel, but we figured we were in Egypt, so we should eat egyptian food, not sushi or pasta! Although we did go to The Bakery a few times - they have very nice cakes.
The hotel is on the island of Zemalek, which is in the Nile at about the centre of Cairo, easy walking distance to downtown and the egyptian musuem. Nearby the hotel there are a couple of nice restaurants - Le Cairo 1942, Abou el Sid and Maison Thomas are all good, and within a 5 minute walk.
The hotel also has a nice pool and gym.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. with an upgraded outdoor heated swimming pool, in-house guests can enjoy their relaxing time around the pool bar. Kids can also enjoy their time in kids pool area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Marriott Cairo