2,922 results
All reviews old palace zamalek tower suez canal country kitchen promenade cafe garden restaurant the executive lounge main building beautiful hotel zamalek island an oasis business center nile view large hotel breakfast buffet is egyptian museum egyptian pounds
Selected filters
Reviewed March 19, 2017

I have had a great experience from booking my room through Marwa in the front desk, everything went smooth and she went the extra mile to make sure that everything is fine, especially being a regular guest at the Marriott. Ayman Hossam is always there, at tentative and gives a warm welcome. nice people.

Room tip: spectacular nile view on the higher floor: even numbers are usually better.
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank RedaHelal
Reviewed March 17, 2017

i had been to hotel for my Cairo visit for business, good big rooms, have garden view, variety of breakfast options, full continental breakfast served, many options also for vegan, had very nice Egyptian and Italian restaurant. good health club, some renovation are running now are days for swimming pool and bigger health club. enjoyed my stay there.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank RTapan
Reviewed March 16, 2017 via mobile

Stayed 2 nights with friends during our trip around cairo city last year. Unfortunately couldn't get connected rooms and were accommodated on different floors. Though it was a pretty good stay. Easy access for all outsiders which let us spend time during nice meals with our friends from cairo. Rooms and pool a bit outdated. Food was perfect.

Date of stay: March 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank linda8511
Reviewed March 15, 2017 via mobile

Visited in February & my friend booked a room on the Nile upper floors. As we get there they claim all upper floors not available & when they gave a room it smelled like fresh paint. Couldn't change the room for all the reasons they had & had not. Ended up at the doctor's office when I got back, sadly antibiotics were prescribed & other meds because of an allergic reaction.
Customer service is not that big thing there & anything goes by. Disappointed by the inconsisten cleaning for the room. And as you ask for a taxi the fee goes high as your accent & language spoken. My friend spoke Arabic-Jordanian. She got the fee*10
I wasn't that lucky in anything. Unlike the visit to Lebanon. That was perfect everything. Marriott was very disappointing in every way. Sadly.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank 899ghadaj
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2017

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback with us. Please accept our apologies for the challenges you encountered during your stay. we will soon contact you to sort this out for your next visit.

Our best regards,

Reviewed March 14, 2017

I have stayed at the Marriott several times, and reviewed it once before, but times change and hptels often reflect the current economic and social climate. The hotel seemd less well-populated than before, and one senses the need to appeal to a wider clientel when a stately hotel spawns 'Harry's Bar' and a Saturday night disco. I also had suspicions when, at check-in, I was offered an extra key to my room - who and what for?
I was given a garden room, which, athough fronting onto the spacious garden area, was on the ground floor, cold, had noisy A/C and only accessible via corridors and what resembled fire-doors, actually quite difficult to find without explicit directions. I had to complain both nights about noise from a disco and from Harrys Bar, which was almost next door.
Possibly declining standards then, but the older parts of the hotel remain quite magnificent. Worth a visit just for the history.

Room tip: Avoid 'Garden' rooms.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank 636SteveD
CairoMarriottHotel, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2017

Dear Mr. Steve,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We are glad that you liked the historic part of our hotel, please allow us to elaborate that in addition to the historic features of our palace we also have also modern rooms , banquet spaces and other modern facilities that we would like to introduce to you in your next visit.

Best Regards