I just returned from Cairo, having stayed there for four nights. Most people are currently afraid of Cairo, and I saw the situation as an opportunity to explore the area while it wasn't buried neck deep with tourist, and it was a wise decision.
The hotel has some pretty serious security in place, it's almost like entering a military base overseas. The hotel is in great condition, and is a stunningly beautiful building. Quite possibly the most grandiose hotel I've stayed in to date. Many restaurants to choose from, and the best steaks I've ever eaten.
I had an Executive Suite, and it was very well maintained; with a great view of the Nile. Room service was excellent, and the room stayed impeccably clean. I chatted with the front desk and learned that since the riots, the hotels occupancy level is just 27% of capacity; I was told I was the only American staying there at that time. I can imagine that when the hotel was at 100% occupancy, it was a bustling scene, and perhaps that would effect the services (but that's pure speculation). I believe there's over 1000 rooms in all.
I hired a tour guide to drive me around on a three day tour, which was a good choice. I saw everything I wanted to see with the exception of the museum. Unfortunately Morsi's trial began that day and they decided to close it at the last minute over security concerns. I did however get to visit the pyramids without waiting in line as is customary.
I will say this, if and when I return to Cairo, I wouldn't even consider staying at another hotel. Your safety is at the top of the Hotels priority list, and that makes all the difference.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. with an upgraded outdoor heated swimming pool, in-house guests can enjoy their relaxing time around the pool bar. Kids can also enjoy their time in kids pool area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Marriott Cairo