“A Palace in the Heart of Cairo”

Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Ranked #7 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
“A Palace in the Heart of Cairo”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I stayed here after an 8 day Nile River cruise and was in need of some pampering--and this is a great place to get some peace and quiet. On the island of Zamalek, this hotel is a short drive away from the Egyptian Museum. The hotel supplied us with a very nice Mercedes and driver for the trip over, and it was about the same price as a rickety taxi. Many local people meet for dinner here and it has a very nice, cosmopolitan atmosphere. My room on the 9th floor was wonderful, and was a quiet oasis after a day of the hustle and bustle of downtown Cairo.I also arranged a tour of the Step Pyramid, the Bent Pyramid, the Red Pyramid, Memphis and the souk through the concierge at the hotel and it was excellent. I'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: go for the higher rooms--quieter and a great view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Cheryl816
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay.

We appreciate your detailed feedback, thank you again for sharing your experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back again to the Palace.

Best regards,

Yasmine El Gammal

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Only good memories when I stayed there. First, it is safe location on the island - not so far from the center but disconnected from places crowded by demonstrators. Island is safe as itself because it is full of consulates and embassies. Also I guess it is populated by prosperous people since buildings and apartments looks much better than in the rest of Cairo. Hotel looks as a palace - amazing interiors make feeling of comfort and local culture. Court yard is full of restaurants where you may find many kinds of cousins worldwide. Rooms are provided with all needed facilities and very nice furniture.
Just one comment about casino - they accept USD only. However you cannot withdraw USD in the casino! So you need to prepare the money in advance.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dimovey
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us.

We take our customer feedback of utmost importance. Please rest assured that all your comments are being considered to ensure your utmost satisfaction on your future visits. As for the Casino currency policy, this is a country law that we have to abide by.

I do hope we will have a near future opportunity to welcome you back to Cairo Marriott Hotel and Omar El Khayyam Casino.

Thanking you
Barbados
Reviewed July 20, 2013

The Hotel is built around this well kept Palace. Absolutely beautiful.
You must eat dinner outside at the Egyptian nights. great atmosphere! We didnt have time to check out all the facilities but they all looking stunning and well kept up to date! Enjoyed it very much. (Great security as well!)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank George147262
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. We at Marriott strive for excellence and can only improve with your comments.

We hope to be able to welcome you again on a future visit to Cairo and experience all our outlets and facilities.

Kind Regards
Maidenhead
Reviewed July 19, 2013 via mobile

After 10 nights in the Marriott, I love the location in Zamalek by the Nile. I love the gardens and pool. But the food is average and the service slow. The rooms are also pretty expensive. One big advantage is the wifi is super fast, though like everything in the hotel, not cheap. There's a $12 daily charge or weekly or monthly rate. But if you only need it in the lobby you can get 3 hours free.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank DH14
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance and would like to assure you that we continue to benchmark all our pricing against the market and updates are made accordingly.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace for a more rewarding experience in the near future.

Best Regards,
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed July 12, 2013

This is a Marriott hotel I really like, I don't like he one in Brussels or the one in Los Angeles, they are nothing special, but this Mariott in Zamalek/gezirah tics all the boxes, location, beauty, staf, food etc...

Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank edlih1
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your valued feedback, and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Palace in the near future.

Kind regards
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is an older hotel, but in very good condition with a beautiful garden. It is well situated on Zamalek, easy walking distance to many restaurants and other amenities. On a clear day you can see one of the pyramids from upper story rooms. The Egyptian museum is 10 minutes away. Buffet breakfast is excellent. The staff were friendly and helpful. There are several restaurants on site (including Japanese), bakery/cafe, pub. The gym and pool are delightful with top quality equipment in the gym.

Room Tip: Take an upper floor room - facing the gardens. Quieter and better view.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank blacmikOttawa_Canada
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your great review. It will be always our pleasure to have you at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino as our valued and esteemed guest.

We hope to be able to welcome you again on a future visit to Cairo and experience all our restaurants.

Best Regards
Riverbank, California
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We originally reserved 3 nights via Marriott 800 number. However, because of some issues with the departure flights from SFO, we arrived one day late. So I called Marriott 800 number on that day and re-booked only for 2 nights. We got a call from Marriott hotel to make sure everything is Ok. I was really impressed. I really felt like a King :)

Upon arrival, Asst.Manager greeted me with enthusiasm. He is really genuine. He asked how was my trip and waiting for me. Really impressed. He gave me a room with Nile view and was really fantastic. Room size is adequate and bed is very comfortable. Room is very clean and hotel itself looked fantastic. This hotel felt very safe and it is nearby busy shopping area. I went out and put in a local SIM card on my phone and had a nice dinner nearby restaurant.

Restaurant on the hotel was really nice with plenty of options for breakfast. My kids really enjoyed the "Omlet" station where the cook flipped the omlets multiple times in front of them. Variety of options and no charges for my younger daughter. For my son, 6 years, they charged like 80 EGP which comes around 11 US$ which is not bad. 2 Adult breakfast is complimentary because of my travel voucher and we really enjoyed the breakfast.
Everything went fine so far. Now the bad part. Upon check out, I ended with this unfortunate customer service guy. Checked the bill and said we need to pay 480 EGP for the breakfast. I said we have 2 complimentary adult breakfast that comes along the voucher and he said only the hotel stay is covered and not the breakfast. I said check the voucher, he went inside, checked the file and come back and said I'm correct and I have to pay 160 EGP for my kids which I paid. Then he said, I should have mentioned that I have 2 kids when I book the room and I said, what difference does it makes because they don't get any separate beds. This is the first time when I stay in a Marriott hotel that I have to inform about my little ones. Very disappointed with the customer service attitude. Felt very uncomfortable.
Hopefully, Management will fix this or communicate this with future customers, so that any misunderstanding can be avoided. Still felt like bad taste left in my mouth.
Other than that, it is really excellent and we are treated well and enjoyed well. Nile view from the room is fantastic.

Room Tip: Not every room has Nile View but if you can get a room with Nile view from the top floor, you will N...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Balaji B
Dear Guest,

I would like to first and foremost apologize for the recent experience that you had with us at the Cairo Marriott Hotel

. The hotel management is greatly concerned about your feedback. We will address the issues with the relevant departments, and would still very much welcome a discussion with your good self if you prefer. Please contact me on emy.elshourbagi@marriott.com

Thanking you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Customer Care