Stayed here last year. I am an experienced traveler, but was nervous here, especially after the Arab Spring and the negative publicity they have with how they treat women, but I must say it was a terrific experience.
I wouldn't recommend it to everyone because the country is so volatile at the moment. in fact, I will not be going back for a while, but seeing the pyramids and ancient ruins was amazing. I'm not a very religious person, but seeing the centuries old manuscripts of the bible was incredible.
The hotel was very nice and the staff were kind and extremely helpful. I ate in the hotel restaurant several times and the food was excellent. I couldn't get enough of the curry. The rooms were spacious and very clean. this is a high class international hotel and little more expensive than I like, but it was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among the premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. Dear valued guest, Please excuse us as we are closing our swimming pool for renovation to enhance our facilities and make your stay always more brilliant. closure will be from 08th of October 2016 till end of June 2017. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Agoda so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Marriott Cairo