Stayed here last year. I am an experienced traveler, but was nervous here, especially after the Arab Spring and the negative publicity they have with how they treat women, but I must say it was a terrific experience.
I wouldn't recommend it to everyone because the country is so volatile at the moment. in fact, I will not be going back for a while, but seeing the pyramids and ancient ruins was amazing. I'm not a very religious person, but seeing the centuries old manuscripts of the bible was incredible.
The hotel was very nice and the staff were kind and extremely helpful. I ate in the hotel restaurant several times and the food was excellent. I couldn't get enough of the curry. The rooms were spacious and very clean. this is a high class international hotel and little more expensive than I like, but it was worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. with an upgraded outdoor heated swimming pool, in-house guests can enjoy their relaxing time around the pool bar. Kids can also enjoy their time in kids pool area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Cairo