“Service, location, setting the best in Cairo”

Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino
Ranked #9 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed at Cairo Marriott countless times over the last 8 years. My visit in December was truly the best as the service was unparalleled. I say this with a heavy heart, as Cairo is suffering from the ongoing unrest. I walked to Tahrir Square in the evening, and every hotel on both sides of the Nile were the same: few lights were on. Perhaps this explains the higher level of service and attention I received on this visit.

As someone who has been coming to Cairo for business or family vacation for 35 years, I recommend those who look at Egypt as off limits because of the scenes on the news take another look.The amazing sights are still there. The people of Egypt remain among the most welcoming, and the food quality and cleanliness is far above what it used to be.

The location of the Marriott Zamalek across the river from Tahrir Square makes it particularly desirable for the squeamish tourist. It is a quiet oasis in a lovely setting away from the noise and bustle of Cairo. At the same time, it is close to all the sights. While the rooms are nothing special, the pool, workout facility, restaurants and casino place this above the other hotels in Cairo.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a Nile view.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,

We are delighted that your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino was an enjoyable one. Thank you for sharing your experience in Egypt and for the feedback on your recent stay with us. We are continuously striving to update our product and to enhance our customer experience.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the palace in the near future.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

The outside of this hotel is pure grandeur, promising a stay of unparalleled luxe. The experience does not deliver. Service is rather terrible, whether it be an issue with not being able to connect to the Internet, or needing a document printed, or an issue with room service. Everything is too much trouble for almost anybody you care to speak to at the hotel. Rooms are average, bathrooms sub-par. They are roomy, with balconies, and a nice view - but that's all this hotel has going for it, in my opinion. Breakfast is nothing to write home about. Room service well below average (even for Cairo, where room service is generally not good in my experience). On two occasions I received butter packets that had already been opened! It could all have been forgiven with better service. There simply was none to be had. Even my parting remarks to the senior manager (as a potential returning business guest who would have brought in many new clients with me) fell on deaf ears. This hotel is much better located for our offices in Cairo, however I won't be returning. Frankly I would rather sit in an hour's worth of Cairo traffic every day if I knew the Four Seasons was waiting for me at the end of it.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank businss_travell3r

Dear Guest,

I would like to first and foremost apologize for the recent experience that you had with us at the Cairo Marriott Hotel. The hotel management is greatly concerned about your feedback. We will address the issues with the relevant departments, and would still very much welcome a discussion with your good self. Please contact me on emy.elshourbagi@marriott.com
Thanking you in advance and I look forward to hearing from you.

Reviewed December 17, 2012

I stayed here for a few nights on business and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The hotel is very large and beautiful. The room was modern and clean with a stunning view of the river and the pool. Service was impeccable. The hotel's location suited my stay just fine (it's Cairo, after all, so there's traffic anywhere you go).

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank liltravelbug
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your recent stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Palace in the near future.

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Stayed 1 night with my wife, both were hugely disappointed
The outside and lobby were excellent
Room was so 1980s, with no flat screen tv, no wifi, rugs and beds were old, toilet was small
Breakfast buffet was just ok, not better than any motel
Overall, don't waste your money here, u will only be paying for the name

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Umair S
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

I would like to first and foremost apologize for the recent experience you had with us at the Cairo Marriott Hotel. The hotel management is extremely concerned about your feedback. We are continuously striving to update our product and enhance our customer experience. As part of this initiatives, Wifi access is now available in all guest rooms as well as in the hotel indoors public areas.

I would still very much welcome a discussion with your goodself about your experience if you would prefer that. Please contact me on emy.elshourbagi@marriott.com

Thanking you in advance and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Cairo Marriott Hotel is a great place to stay in Cairo. The rooms are ok, nothing special, but the main building of the hotel (which is a palace built in the XIX century to host empress Eugenie) is just wonderful. The hotel has three or four restaurants and a couple of very nice bars. We tried the Egyptian retaurant in the garden and the food was nice. The service is very good: everyone speaks perfect English and the guest relations people are very helpful. They suggested to us nice restaurants and thing to do.
The breakfast is excellent, dont miss it. Also, the hotel has a very good location, in the center of Zamalek (nicest area in Cairo).
I reccomand it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank benedetta73
EmyElShourbagi, Manager at Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance and it ia always reflected on our goals and plans to ensure a more rewarding experience for our clients. Please rest assured that all your comments are being considered to ensure your utmost satisfaction on your future visits.
Thanking you again for your valuable comments and we look forward to welcome you back to the Palace in the near future.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I have been coming to Cairo for more than 10 years now and every time I stay at the Omar Khayam Palace the experience is very good. Just a little anonymous for my taste but all amenities work or do so on a much higher level and frequency than anything else in Cairo. The local restaurant in the garden has good food. The entertainment is run of the mill and mostly Arabic music with singers, but that in itself is nice as a backdrop for the area.
You're right next to the Nile and close enough to Cairo proper for trips and an experience of this mega city.

Room Tip: Ask for a tower room above the 10th for quiet and a view, ask for a court yard room to be close to t...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest.

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We are delighted that you have enjoyed your stay.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we look forward to welcoming you back again and again to the Palace.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Well i have a review before on the Marriott, which i enjoyed so much, this time i stayed for 14 days. breakfast was great as usual, prices went a little bit higher though.
staff we friendly and always want to help.
but what i really hated this time was the room card that only allows you to enter the elevator and go to your floor, i mean we were a group of 8, and each time i wanna go to a collegue's room it was a mess!! plus over and above, the cards are not always working!! so i have to go all the way to the reception to let them exchange my room card/key. or just let them give me a key to the desired floor !! its a system but badly implemented!!!

Room Tip: high floor, zamalek tower
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Karim,

Thank you very much for your feedback on your stay at the Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino. We take our customer feedback of utmost importance we appreciate your understanding to our safety and security system. The safety and security of our esteemed guests is and will continue to be our number one priority.

Thanking you again for your valuable comments and we apologize for any inconvenience occurred during your stay. We look forward to welcome you back for a more rewarding experience at the Cairo Marriott Hotel.