Stayed here in june of this year 2012. A most amazing hotel. The beds were so comfortable and the staff so helpful and accomodating. The district of Zamalak was to be recommended.
There are several restaurants to choose from and we tried them all over a period of 7 nights. The French restaurant was good and the Italian restaurant was marvellous with really helpful staff. The wine prices were very reasonable compared to Uk prices. another option was Roys Kitchen, where you could get burghers/chips etc. very tasy and kind, professional service.
The outside terrace was good too for a quiet lunch or evening meal . Also an Egyptian restaurant with traditional cooking which appeared to be popular. The Bakery was great for breakfast if a full breakfast was not required.
The room was fine and overlooking the Nile which was fascinating in the night. The wonderful swimming pool was a bonus with lovely changing rooms. Apparently the main building was built as a palace for Princess Eugenie, wife of Napoleon the third (? ) when she came to Egypt to open the Suez Canal. The whole interior is very grand.
Security was tight as there were demos going on against the Government when we were there. we were advised not to go into central Cairo and to keep away from Tahir Square where the demos were occurring. This was a bit of a bummer as that is where the National Museum is and I wanted to seen the Tutenkahmun artifacts. Perhaps next time as we will definately return.
We hired a car with driver from the hotel pool and were very pleased with the service. Took us to the Pyramids at Gizza. Saw the S[phinx and other pyramins and museums. Wonderful experience. Watch out for the hassles received from Guides at the Pyramid site.
Also hired cars to take us to the Railway station to go to Alexandria and were waiting for us when we returned.
A wonderful experience. Typical Marriott attention to detail.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Among premier Cairo, Egypt, hotels, Marriott Cairo Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino, in the Zamalek area, is the perfect destination for weekend getaways, vacations, and business travel. The twin towers of this landmark hotel rise 20 stories high and provide magnificent views of the Nile and six acres of palace gardens. with an upgraded outdoor heated swimming pool, in-house guests can enjoy their relaxing time around the pool bar. Kids can also enjoy their time in kids pool area ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cairo Marriott Hotel & Omar Khayyam Cairo
- Cairo Marriott Hotel And Omar Khayyam Casino
- Marriott Cairo