“Probably the best choice in Maadi”

Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi
Ranked #32 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Nice hotel, friendly staff, quiet room, cozy bed, all you need for a good relax and deep sleep. Still, this is Sofitel, so I was expecting more. The breakfast could be better and the service there could be faster and better with more initiative from the staff. Also, the room service employee tried to access the room during our sleep although the Do Not Disturb sign was hanged out. Overall, i find it the best choice in Maadi, but could be better.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Shereof
Thomas G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2014

Dear valued guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Iam sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations the points that you mentioned; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Do not expect much relying on Sofitel name; this is a 2 to 3 star hotel, just located in a great venue. The staff is definitely incapable, will disappoint you in majority of cases. They can come in to your room, without knocking and keep working in your room, seeing you asleep. Or check your room from the balcony of the next room.

Not much is happening to indulge you or make you feel better. Combine this with very average rooms. Yeah, you got it: Do not expect much.

Room Tip: Ask for Nile view. The city view is suicidal.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Koray S
Thomas G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

Dear Mr. Koray,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino . Please allow me to express my sincerest apologizes : I am Sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to the points that you mentioned .

Your feedback is very important to us .Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future Occurrence

Again , thank you for the comments which help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our Service .

Sincerly

Reviewed March 16, 2014

Having stayed at other Sofitel chains, I had perhaps incorrectly assumed this hotel would match the standards experienced.

On a positive side the staff proved friendly and willing to help, however service levels I felt were a little inconsistent.

Rooms were fairly average, fit for use and comfortable, however nothing flash and a long way from a good general standard.

Food, either room service or in the restaurants, was acceptable without being memorable.

Average seems to best summarizes my experiences.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Adam S
Thomas G, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you most sincerely for sharing your thoughts of Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino with others guests’ on the tripadvisor. Your feedback will be influential in improving your experience on your next stay.
At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer.

Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is my second time at Sofitel Al Maadi. Situated right across the great Nile, the hotel is in great location. Sitting at the breakfast area you could actually catch a glimpse of the great pyramids of Giza in the morning. For a new traveller to Egypt, looking forward to seeing the pyramids, it is a nice start.

The hotel seems renovated, compared to the last time, there seems sone changes. Especially the area for the breakfast. It looks newer. And the spread is really good. For a business traveller, I am looking for good and no frills food, and Sofitel has it.

Staff is really friendly and always has a smile for you. The rooms are really good, the beds clean, and compared to some of the other hotels I have stayed in North Africa recently, the hotel has a nice selection of TV channels as well. Toilets are clean and have a good selection of toiletries, and the lighting was softer. I really liked it. My only issue was that they were not replacing my large bathroom towels and by the 3rd day I basically had no towels!. Also would have liked the standard hotel issue bathroom slippers. Since it was cold, walking around the bathroom barefoot is not enjoyable!

I did not try the room service, but did try the Italian restaurant next to the lobby. It is really good.

Room Tip: always ask for the nile side and not the city side.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Pillaia
SGalal, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedback help in staff motivation and recognition.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to the points that you mentioned ; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

looking forward to welcome your goodself again on your next visit to Cairo.

Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

I am having a business meeting with my company today and I am writting this review while I am in the meeting break as I really cant bare the awful service we are having.

First the staff are not organized at all and they dont anything about what they have to do.

Second we found insects in the food buffet which forced all of us not to eat.

Third the hall itself is not ready to have the meeting where the sound system is simply awful.

Fourth the waiting area and the reception area are very poor and not clean at all.

I strongly dont recommend this hotel to anyone as they cannot organize a simple event for 6 hours so what about rooms and services.

Please avoid

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Alaa_Ha
SGalal, Banquet Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2014

Dear Valued Guest ,

Sincerly

Banquet Manager

Reviewed January 27, 2014

The hotel itself is almost hidden away as you drive down the Corniche road. It sort of gets lost between the supermarket and the bank. It took me a little while to find it. The outside is pleasantly understated, security good and the lobby nice enough. Staff were friendly and helpful at all times. Concierge was both amusing and good at local knowledge.

I also used the airport pickup / dropoff from the internal service - excellent in both directions, clear name boards to welcome a tired traveller make a difference!

The hotel itself - the room was perfectly acceptable, clean, the desk was hampered by only having a large, deep armchair to sit in. Not good for your back. The internet (free - wired or wireless) was reliable and good enough for general use. I did not try the paid option.

The bathroom was fine, clean and modern with a good array of nice products. I could have used an anti-slip mat though, I am sure I could have got one from reception. Robe and slippers were nice.

The balcony looked out onto the Nile with the rushing traffic below - but when the window was closed there was no noise at all. Sleep quality was OK, the air conditioning unit was noisy so I slept without it.

I ate in both restaurants, first floor and ground floor. I would say the Italian on the ground floor was marginally better, the first floor is also used for breakfast which was quite adequate but lacked a little something. The hot selection was not great but in summary, fine. The first floor restaurant I ate in one night, I was the only person and I had to wait a long time for service. But the food was OK.

The facilities of the hotel (bank, newsagent, etc) are perfect for most requirements. While I was there a wedding was organized on the 1st Floor in the main ballroom and this meant a degree of noise, which whilst not the end of the world was bothersome during that evening.

The staff try hard, are pleasant and attentive, but it is not more than "good".

Room Tip: Take river view rooms (even numbers like 804, 6) on the south side.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank FrequentTraveller921
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

We are sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to the pints that you mentioned ; please allow us to express our sincerest apologies.

We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cairo

Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

This Hotel falls well short of the Sofitel standards, especially over the Quality of the staff/ Customer experience

The rooms are dated, though not uncomfortable but the decor is only 3-4 star.

Quality of the food was average and whilst service was not bad it fell well short of luxury hotel standards

The small gym is adequate and the one saving grace is an excellent pool where finally design elements of the Brand finally show

There is a Casino but to be honest this is a Hotel that devalues the Sofitel brand. Stay here if you must but there are better Hotels even in Maadi

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank mdcryan
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies; I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to the points that you mentioned.

Sincerely