“Very good hotel”

Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi
Ranked #29 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was staying twice here. Location is very good, close to my office. Nice small rooms. Service is very good, no any complains. Nice option is a swimming pool with a Nile view. Not many ppl there. Nice music, quiet place. Also they have casino, only for foreigners.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank nadine a
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Mrs.Nadine

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

On the positive side:
Location is excellent with a superb view of the Nile.
Very nice balcony and spacious rooms.
Very comfortable beds.
On the negative side:
the bathrooms need some attention particularly the hot water.
Also the breakfast is definitely not a Sofitel one, very poor in variety and quality of food.
No hotel private parking, but the municipality one is very close although it could be crowded sometimes.
And one really serious problem is the noise insulation of the rooms, you can sometimes hear conversations in the adjacent rooms and with some noisy neighbors it can be impossible to sleep.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank sameh a
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear Mr. Sameh ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies; I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to bathroom , hot water and Breakfast food vairety .

At Sofitel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I have been in Sofitel maadi first time in Cairo for business, it was recommended to me by a friend. First impression not awesome, small room and old furniture but I didn't care I wasn't have time to spend in my room. The employees are friendly but need more training. I'm not irritated person, quality manager called me third day of my arrival he asked me some questions about stay, I talked to him about some suggestions to enhance the hotel equipment's specially the hotel has a good location on the nile .he is a good listener and very decent person once I told him that I like fruits he has sent to me a big fruit basket with winsome flowers.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank claus m
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

Dear Sir ,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies; I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding to the room .
It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Concerning the positive points I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Set in El Maadi area, Egypt by the highway. Avoid 15th floor which is the last floor to the hotel but residential take over from 16th. Quite some noisy families up there!

If you treasure your sleep and not a morning person chose the side away from the Nile view which is noisy from the road below
You can view the Nile from the Poolside and Restaurant. Take a spin on the cruise vessels from 1930 or 2130 at a fee of EGP 150 for self booking or the agents will take EGP 200! Its a safe walking distance from the Hotel.

Careful with your VISA cards, the ATMs took 2 from me. There is El Maadi Grand Mall for light shopping not far away, a cab will set u back EGP 60 return

Room Tip: For Nile view choose top floors a bit more quiet from the street below but the sun will wake u very...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank seme l
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I stayed here in January of this year, while attending a wedding. It is a lovely hotel, with a very modern gym (important to me!) and huge and delicious breakfast buffet (equally important), and good sized rooms. Our room was not overlooking the road so it was silent. However, the main things about this hotel is the staff. Thoughtful, kind and professional, they really made our stay. Everyone from the chambermaid to the concierge went out of their way to be helpful and to make sure our stay was as comfortable as possible. One particularly nice lady at breakfast came over every day to talk to us and gave us a lot of interesting information about the area, and we really got to know her. The waiters gave us empty boxes every day so that we could take whatever we wanted from the buffet for the rest of our day!

At the end of our stay, we tipped the equivalent of £2 to the waiting staff, (and more to the other staff) which was met with utter disbelief at the generosity. Really sad when you think about how little people earn in Egypt and how the downturn in tourism has affected families. The amounts that we gave meant nothing to us, but was a huge deal to those who work in hotels.

In all, a really nice stay - please go!

Room Tip: You might think that Nile view is more picturesque, but in fact the less scenic view over the city i...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Clover5000
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Reviewed June 15, 2013

The hotel is pretty good, nice restaurants a casino, pool with lovely views over the Nile.The downside is that even on the 16 the floor the constant horns from traffic make sleep difficult.Happy hour is from 5 - 6 at the pool bar and 6 - 7 at the Clovis bar

Room Tip: Try to get a high floor as the lower you are the louder the traffic noise is
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
TGassner, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Reviewed May 26, 2013

My first time in a Sofitel Hotel and I must say for the brand I expected a bit more. Unfortunately I did not get a room with a Nile view but I instead face the city. During the day there isn't really much to see, it does however look better at night with all the lights switched on. The breakfast is rather mediocre, had dinner at the hotel as well (grilled tenderloin) that was delicious.

The service is great, people constantly smiling - great working culture.

The walls in my room are quite thin so I can hear the guy in the room next to me talking on his phone and closing his wardrobe I can also hear the guy in the room above me pacing up and down.That's obviously not fun when you're trying to catch up on some sleep after an 8 hour flight.

I will be here for a further 2 weeks and will update with changes.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better in any big city. Best tip for this hotel - get a room with a Nile Vi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
TGassner, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Sir

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. Please allow me to express my sincerest apologies; I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations regarding for the room also for Nile view room .
We very much appreciate your comments regarding the staff .I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.
If you would like to discuss your experience with me, please send an email to H1526-Gr@sofitel.com.

Best Regards ,