“What a joy!!!!”

Ranked #32 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Woburn, Massachusetts
“What a joy!!!!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This property is FABULOUS. It is in the middle of the Nile river and is a round hotel. We arrived late at night and had a drink on the waterfront and it was amazing. We only stayed 1 night but the place and staff were fabulous.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark D
TGassner, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cairo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed April 3, 2013

I stayed one night in the Sofitel Maadi in Cairo for business. I have stayed here several times for business since it is located close to the office I visit. Unfortunately, the hotel seems to be deteriorating possibly due to cost cuts. There were three light bulbs burned out in my hotel room. The toilet was leaking and I had to cut off the water so I didn't listen to it run all night. The air conditioner switch for the fan speed was broken on high (could not turn lower) so the room was cold (which was fine for me). There was only one bar of small hand soap for the bathroom. Not a second for the shower. I also tried to call the front desk for assistance and did not get any answer after three attempts.

If you plan to stay here, set your expectations lower than the 5 stars they claim to be. It is closer to 3 stars.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, April 6, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments.we would like to express our deep apology for you. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get, Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Thomas GASSNER

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First it is a 5 stars hotel that looks like 3 stars hotel. Poor in service and quality.
+ When I arriced from the airport at the hotel entrance no one from the hotel staff was there or offered to help me.

+ To order a bottle of water or clean glasses take 30 to 40 minutes.

+ You have to ask house to replace the toilet roll or leave suger or coffee bags which suppose to be complementary and when I ask to replace the empty ones the house keeping answer was it is complementary on the first night.

+ There is supermarket next door and when I went there to buy some items that are not available in hotel I was lectured how it is not allowed and against the hotel policy and when I ask to see the hotel policy they told it is okay this time only.

+ The senior staff in the hotel are the most vulgar and rude people in hotel business I ever seen. When I was try to receive a guest at my room he forced to upgrade my room or meet in the lobby. Again he said is the hotel policy and when I asked to see it nothing was provided and I was given an exception.

+I have to say that the staff at the breakfast buffet are nice but the food is below average and not sure why it is ranked 5 stars.

+ They tried to play and charge me for extras on my bill.

After all I know Sofitel is an international brand and well respected but they have to reconsider they partners in Maadi, Cairo. I was staying in the hotel for 10 nights and this how I was treated.

I will advise anyone to stay in any 3 stars hotel in Maadi rather than this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not stay in this hotel unless if you have no other options.
1 Thank h_sammy
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments, it was a great opporunity to get contact with you by phone, and we would like to express our deep apology for the uncomfortable stay. Looking forward to welcoming you once again to try to change your opinion to a positive one.

sincerely,

Dammam
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The rooms are rectangular, the light is very dim - itwould be very bad if you try to study or read inside the room. Room service is good but I found used soup from previous tenant in the shower.
My colleague shower was leaking to the pathroom floor. and sounds can be heared from the other room.
The hotel has three resturants; Swimming pool، Italian ( I dont recommend both to any one) & finally the french resturant which far too expensivebut the same menue for lunch and dinner and same boufet for breakfast.
It is very far from down town and tourestic area. It toke more than an hour to reach pyramids.

• Stayed March 2013
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Sofitel Cairo Maadi. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We do apologise for the mistake of the soap issue, Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Sydney
Reviewed March 27, 2013

A comfortable hotel and staff are friendly.

If you are a business person internet is not free and the desk is a ergonomic disaster. Other than that everything is good. Quietest side is the non-Nile side.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us at Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino. It was nice to hear that the staff has exceeded your expectations. They work exceptionally hard to make sure that every guest feels special. Thank you so much for staying with us.
We hope to see you in near future.

Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Renovated old hotel. Clean rooms, friendly and helpful staff. Rooms are clean. The hotel does not appear to be new. Some parts of the hotel appear old and have some update done on it. Couldn't complain on anything.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff as such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed March 18, 2013

It was perfect stay, services, location, & club.
I liked the complementary & the staff was very welcomed, professionals.
I recommend this place for anyone looking to stay in Cario.
This was my first visit to Cairo.
Ammar

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

TGassner, General Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Dear Mr. Ammar,