“Smile your in Egypt”

Ranked #29 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
Aberdeen
“Smile your in Egypt”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

This hotel is rated as five star however with my experiences I would struggle to give it two stars especially for service. I have had several issues with my room and it is a chore to get things like light fittings and air conditioning fixed. It's worse trying to get them to replace used items such as soap or tea bags. Breakfast is good if you like sticky buns but the other selections leave a lot to be desired. I will say the location is great if you are doing business in Maadi and I found the Italian restaurant to be very good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank kincorth
TGassner, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our Italian Restaurant and breakfast buffet,
We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We apologize for the miscommunication with the issues in the room, Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Thomas GASSNER

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel four times while in Egypt on business over the last couple of years or so.

It has a good location on the Nile and fairly close to Maadi. The rooms are large, clean and comfortable and I have always slept well here. There is slightly more traffic noise in the rooms on the Nile side of the hotel, but these are the rooms to have in my opinion - you can see the Pyramids on a clear day!

The breakfast is excellent and sets you up well for the day.

I had the misfortune to be stranded in Cairo for a few days at the start of the 'revolution' in Jan/Feb 2011, but the hotel looked after magnificently until we get leave for home.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking the Nile!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Mr.Eric,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay in spite of staying in revolution days, We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.
Michael Calixte
San Carlos City (iam from Scotland moved here 5 years ago)
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I have just spent more time here at this hotel and i can sum it up in one word.EXCELLENT..from check in to check out i can not fault it,the staff are so very helpful/friendly and always willing to help,the rooms are spotless/comfortable,i reall do recommend if your in Cairo stay here,wonderful experience,oh also i had the best shave/haircut/facial at the ground level.well worth it..

Room Tip: Ask for a Nile view,lovely breeze from the balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive experience of our hotel. We share your feedback with the management and staff , which hlps in staff motivation and recognition.

Cairo
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Currently on a long stay in the Sofitel and can highly recommend their Italian restaurant. Food very tasty and reasonably priced especially as situated in the hotel . Staff very friendly and eager to please . Particularly enjoy their thin and crispy pizzas!

Room Tip: If choosing a room in hotel please note that although the Nile rooms have an amazing view there is a...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time in our Italian restaurant during your stay. We also thank you for the positive experience of our hotel. We share your feedback with the management and staff , which helps in staff motivation and recognition.
We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cairo.

Southport, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 9, 2012

It was over three years since I last stayed, nIce to see the renovations. Hotel used to be quite shabby. Hotel chosen for location as I used to live in maadi. Pleasant and helpful staff. A little over but thn that's Cairo hotels

• Stayed June 2012
, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, June 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. the renovation still ongoing, we are doing our best to satisfy our guests, We hope to see you again on your next visit to Cairo

Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed June 8, 2012

I recently spent 6 nights in Sofitel Cairo it was my first time to visit this hotel it's small hotel and quiet but I like it because I visited at business, the hote has a good business center with a professional employees they were caring for me and they are honest ....

Room Tip: the hotel is overlooking river nile view but I did not enjoy with this view because my room was back...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, June 9, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Hotel Sofitel Cairo Maadi Towers & Casino on your visit to Cairo. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your time during your stay. We also thank you for the positive review of our hotel. We share all the feedback with the management and staff and such feedbacks help in staff motivation and recognition.
USA
Reviewed June 2, 2012

I should preface this by saying that I did NOT choose this hotel, it was chosen for me by my employer. I prefer to stay at marriott hotels, but I was willing to give the sofitel a chance. so far, I have been very disappointed.

the location of the hotel seems to be quite boring. it sits right on the corniche, so traffic noise is quite loud. also, the neighborhood is not exactly walkable, so you are forced to either go through the hassle of getting a taxi that won't rip you off or eating at the hotel. I did order room service my first night, and I was not given a glass for my soda, ketchup for my french fries, or a napkin. but I was starving after traveling for a day and a half, so I just dealt with it. and I can't imagine trying to visit the touristy areas of town from here, because we are no where close to downtown.

the room itself is comfortable and kind of clean, however you cannot control your own heating and air conditioning. it is hot in cairo right now, and it is hot enough in my room that I have woken up sweating both nights so far. there is also hair in the shower that was there when I arrived and has not yet been cleaned... which is so strange because the housekeeper seems so eager to work that he walked in on me twice while I was sleeping. my privacy tag is now hanging on the door.

there is free wi-fi throughout the hotel, which is really convenient. however, be prepared that you can only connect one device to it at a time, and you have to wait about 10 minutes after disconnecting one before connecting another. not sure how that would work with more than one person per room.

the pool area is well appointed and nice to look at, and the lounge chairs are comfortable. the egyptian music was kind of annoying and did not drown out the street noise at all, so my pool time was not very relaxing. but it was a nice respite from my hot room and the creepy housekeeper. also, it sounds like someone is doing construction or something in the room next door. there has been a consistent hammer-pounding sound since about 9 am this morning (on a saturday). not exactly what I wanted to hear on my day off.

and to top it all off, every single person I have encountered who works here is rude. from the front desk, to the bell man, to the waiters at breakfast, to the guys working at the pool...

I definitely would NOT recommend this hotel or this neighborhood for people visiting cairo.

Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Michael C, Manager at Holiday Inn Cairo Maadi, responded to this review, June 5, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback and taking time to post your comments. We reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at Hotel Sofitel Maadi. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get, Again, thank you for the comments which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Travelers are raving about these Cairo hotels