“Quick, effective and NEXT to the airport”

Novotel Cairo Airport
Ranked #31 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Nothing special with this Novotel - but very close to the airport. In those days (curfew etc) it is very helpful to stay for sone hours in this hotel. two side-by-side restaurants serve you good food, a bar helps you to find some stuff to get sleepy (and the public area has wifi (wireless lan) as well; for free).
The rooms (I has a single with a large bad) are very clean, equipped with tv flat screen, a lot of programs and a good and clean bathroom as well.
I liked it for one night - to wait for my flight during curfew last friday (20.9.) - And a recommend it, if you can spend 60 Euros.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed September 20, 2013

On my business trip I used this hotel for two stopovers, on my way to and on my way back. This gave me a good opportunity to compare my stopovers. The hotel is fine and perfect for a stopover! The transportation service from and to the airport is a great asset. The food at the buffet needs improvement; this is for dinner and for breakfast.
As a frequent traveller I liked the possibility to have a barber visit in the morning, as this service was located in the lobby of the hotel. On my way back I was missing my toothpaste and was forced to buy a new on at the hotel bazaar. This could have been a service the hotel delivers to his guests, at will. A further asset I enjoyed was the pool. It was great to take a dip and some swimming after the flight and airport stress.
To conclude the story, I can only recommend this hotel as a stopover for business trips when using Egypt airways as a hub or as a stopover if you need to travel into the country to a further hotel.
If the food will be improved, I will use this hotel again for my business trips to and from Africa!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there for one night and found the staff friendly but all too often they were busy speaking to my Arabic friends. Which is fine as long as I don't feel like being ignored. Some of them had trouble to understand my English. Room wasn't very clean and not what someone would expect from a Novotel. Would only stay there again if I had to.

Now that being said. The email communication was professional and courteous. The airport shuttle transfer was painless and as advertised. Overall it was ok.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 8, 2013

First impression, the hotel is lower slandered than other Novotel hotels i experienced, Room furniture was old, room was not so clean. staff needs extensive training on how to care for customers. found some flies in the restaurant. Airport shuttle bus driver speaks all the time about himself and give strong indication that he is waiting for a tip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here one night due to a late arrival missing a connecting flight and lost luggage. Hotel is very over priced for simple rooms. Restaurant food is pretty average. Service is pretty poor. Asked for help talking to airlines about lost bags due to language barriers and they weren't interested, not their problem.

Stayed at a lot of airport hotels and this one isnt worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed there for one night waiting for my flight, it was very bad experience, the room is very small with very bad view, the quality of the food at the restaurant is too much lower than expected, many flys and high prices, the only good thing which I found there that the transportation to the airport was at its time as promised.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hassan M, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Hisham S

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Egypt, we are very sorry that Your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Concerning the flies..it has been handled with the pest control company and situation has been improved.
For the quality of food..has been passed to the Executive Chef your comments and we assure you
that on your next visit to the hotel..we will be meeting your expectations

once again thank you and we are pleased to welcome you on your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Owing to the unfortunate situation in Egypt we opted to spend a night at this hotel to make sure we take our flight the following morning without any hitches. The staff at reception seemed to be flustered & not particularly helpful- something so unusual when compared to other hotels we visited in Egypt! The room was not very clean: the carpets & sofa upholstery were soiled. Air conditioner so noisy! Tea, coffee, sugar sachets provided but no creamer. In the bathroom no tissues & just two tiny bars of soap-luckily had my own toiletries! We dined at the hotel restaurant which was suddenly infested by flies when our food turned up! Our Egyptian friend commented to the waiting staff who said that they can't do much about it- so lunch was a mix of eating, drinking & chasing flies!!! Was relieved to check out in the end.
Really a disappointing experience in such a lovely country with equally lovely people!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank beksa
Hassan M, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us...and it has been passed to the concerned department in order
to be avoided on mean time we will be honored to welcome you in your next visit to Cairo..
and be sure that we will be up to your expectations Ms. BEKSA