“Quick one night stay, but not impressed.”

Novotel Cairo Airport
Ranked #30 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

First impression, the hotel is lower slandered than other Novotel hotels i experienced, Room furniture was old, room was not so clean. staff needs extensive training on how to care for customers. found some flies in the restaurant. Airport shuttle bus driver speaks all the time about himself and give strong indication that he is waiting for a tip.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Novotel Cairo Airport

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed here one night due to a late arrival missing a connecting flight and lost luggage. Hotel is very over priced for simple rooms. Restaurant food is pretty average. Service is pretty poor. Asked for help talking to airlines about lost bags due to language barriers and they weren't interested, not their problem.

Stayed at a lot of airport hotels and this one isnt worth it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed there for one night waiting for my flight, it was very bad experience, the room is very small with very bad view, the quality of the food at the restaurant is too much lower than expected, many flys and high prices, the only good thing which I found there that the transportation to the airport was at its time as promised.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Hassan M, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Dear Mr. Hisham S

We would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your trip to Egypt, we are very sorry that Your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
Concerning the flies..it has been handled with the pest control company and situation has been improved.
For the quality of food..has been passed to the Executive Chef your comments and we assure you
that on your next visit to the hotel..we will be meeting your expectations

once again thank you and we are pleased to welcome you on your next visit to the hotel.

Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Owing to the unfortunate situation in Egypt we opted to spend a night at this hotel to make sure we take our flight the following morning without any hitches. The staff at reception seemed to be flustered & not particularly helpful- something so unusual when compared to other hotels we visited in Egypt! The room was not very clean: the carpets & sofa upholstery were soiled. Air conditioner so noisy! Tea, coffee, sugar sachets provided but no creamer. In the bathroom no tissues & just two tiny bars of soap-luckily had my own toiletries! We dined at the hotel restaurant which was suddenly infested by flies when our food turned up! Our Egyptian friend commented to the waiting staff who said that they can't do much about it- so lunch was a mix of eating, drinking & chasing flies!!! Was relieved to check out in the end.
Really a disappointing experience in such a lovely country with equally lovely people!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank beksa
Hassan M, General Manager at Novotel Cairo Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us...and it has been passed to the concerned department in order
to be avoided on mean time we will be honored to welcome you in your next visit to Cairo..
and be sure that we will be up to your expectations Ms. BEKSA

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed in the hotel principally because Cairo was under curfew when my flight arrived and I was not keen to stay in the airport for 10 hours nor travel to my onward destination through many checkpoints. I chose it because of it's convenient location to the airport and the 'free transfer' service offered.
I was met at the airport and ushered through the system and on to the free bus once I had collected my baggage. The receptionist and porter were friendly and welcoming. The room-attendants were also friendly and helpful (I had to ask one of them to speak to my taxi driver who didn't understand my Arabic description of where I was).
I only stayed one night so did not have opportunity to make use of the various facilities on offer such as the swimming pool (which my room overlooked). The room itself was a double with a sofabed in it, a plate of fruit greeted me (which I didn't eat because I don't do fruit). I had a bar meal the night of my arrival which was pleasantly filling and a substantial buffet breakfast the next morning.
The hotel was very quiet for my stay. I am given to understand, however, that in normal times with no curfew, wedding parties often take place late into the night.
Overall - a convenient, clean hotel with friendly, helpful staff and decent food.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

We would like to thank you for your comments and be sure that we are all here for your satisfaction
wish to welcome you on your next visit to egypt

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Short shuttle ride from the terminal. I stayed for only a few hours in this hotel! The Airline put us transit passengers for meal! It is close to the hotel and that is a plus. I had good breakfast buffet. Friendly staff but very basic variety. Free wifi in the lounge.

Room Tip: stay top floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Ms. ANJA W

we would like to thank you for your comments and we are happy that you have enjoyed your breakfast in our hotel, we wish to welcome you on your next visit in our hotel

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stayed in the Novotel last week. We were met in the airport (by the baggage reclaim) by a very friendly and efficient member of staff, he then helped us collect our luggage, and onto the free shuttle bus to the hotel. Since we stayed there a year ago, the new pool area has opened, this has been beautifully done and makes the stay even more pleasant. There is a large and children's swimming pool, with a very nice bar and seating area. The room was clean and comfortable, and the food we had in the hotels Italian restaurant was delicious. The staff made us feel safe and welcome throughout our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Mr. STUMAGOO24

Thank you for your comments..