“A real 5 stars treat”

InterContinental Cairo Semiramis
Ranked #13 of 141 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed March 31, 2013

I spent one night at the hotel and I really appreciated everything starting from the check in which was very fast and very helpful for selecting the room that suits my family. The room is very luxurious with the Egyptian authentic touch and with very comfortable size. The view is really a breath taking over the amazing Nile; we spent most of the time in the terrace just enjoying the view and the perfect weather. The breakfast buffet was one of the best with all types of food starting from the traditional Egyptian specialties to the fresh fruits and juices and the most friendly staff I have seen.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Gigo_13,

Thank you very much for your review of your last stay at our hotel. It is our main target at the Semriamis Hotel to ensure that our guests are comfrotable and enjoying their stay. I am pleased reading, through your kind words, that you and your family had a good time and I am looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

I remain

sherif.abourida@ihg.com

Write a ReviewReviews (1,521)

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Traveled to Cairo on Green Monday. Reached to hotel after 3 hours of hassle because of demonstrations in Tahrir square. The hotel was damaged and closed , we called them and told us : nothing happens you can come through the back door. The hotel manager lied he putting our lives in danger. The behavior of the hotel ( five star !!! ) were mildly unacceptable. I hope dont have other visitors the same horrible experience !!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear ArsiGiannelou,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay at our hotel. Unfortunately, during your stay, the hotel witnessed unrest incidents that affected the course of events. In such circumstances, the safety of our guests takes precedence over anything else and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you and your partner during such critical times.

I wish also to assure you that what you encountered did not represent our InterContinental values with which the hotel team is keen to serve all our guests.

I am looking forward to welcome you again where no effort will be spared to provide you with a memorable experience.

Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

This is a lovely hotel with the most comfortable beds and the crispest white cotton sheets that we experienced in our 18 day tour of Egypt. It also had the best breakfast of our 18 days and a 24 hour coffee shop. Room service was prompt and polite and all the staff spoke English and were extremely friendly and helpful. We loved our view of the Nile and the city out to the pyramids.

Unfortunately, the location is not safe for westerners at the moment because it is located near the British and US embassies. We stayed two nights to recover from our long plane trip before moving to Giza to start our 18 day tour.
The protesters were outside chanting and throwing items at police until 3am both nights, so we didn't get much sleep. We could only leave the hotel in a taxi. We were supposed to stay at the hotel for two nights after our 18 day tour, unfortunately, the hotel was damaged due to the protests, so we had to fi d a safer environment.

Under more normal conditions, this hotel would be an ideal location in Cairo.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank sandramaybarker
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

Dear sandramaybarker,

Thank you for posting your review of your March-stay. Unfortunately, during your stay, the hotel witnessed unrest incidents that affected the course of events and I do apologize for any inconvenience caused to you during such critical times.

Thank you for your kind words on service and hotel product. I wish to assure you that what you encountered did not represent our InterContinental values with which the hotel team is keen to serve all our guests.

Reviewed March 13, 2013

With a friend I was for four nights in Cairo in late December. The hotel was a very good choice which we never regretted.

The situation in Egypt, especially Cairo, was a bit critical, but we always felt safe in the hotel. We’re both 25 and it was our first trip to a country in Northern Africa. The staff was very accommodating and was always available for some advice.

The swimming pool area is very comfortable as it was the spa.

Our room was very spacious and we were very satisfied with the bathroom. I think it is worth to book a room with Nile view, this was great.

We had dinner three times in the Italian restaurant. Not because we don’t know anything else but because the service was really great and the food was delicious from appetizer to dessert. Especially the New Year's Eve atmosphere with Nile view and beautiful decor was fantastic. I think the hotel deserves more guests and I hope that the situation is going to change soon.

As already mentioned in other reviews the hotel is very close to Tahrir Square.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
ICSemiramisStaff, Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear AdiK1987,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay in December. Reading through your comments, I am glad that you and your friend enjoyed your first time visit to Cairo and the hotel. It gives me a great pleasure knowing that you enjoyed our service and facilities. I will sure pass your kind words to swimming pool, health club and the Pane Vino teams.

Looking forward for the pleasure of welcoming you and your friend back in near future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

at the time of writing this im locked in the hotel with front doors bolted and shutters down
out side are around 300/500 people rioting. the police are chucking tear gas and its very very worrying
until this stops do not come here. the hotel is great but outside has the most dangerous feel about it

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank honestron1

Dear honestron1,

Thank you for posting your review of your stay. I wish to apologize for the inconvenience caused due to the incidents that took place in hotel's vicinity while staying at the hotel early March 2013.

Looking forward to welcome you back in the near future, meanwhile, please do not hesitate to contact me in case of having any inquiry.

Until then, I remain.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

When asked for change declined obnoxiously, i went to the lobby and there was no change either, went to the bar and the breakfast guy was there telling the cashier that he already declined the change......why go that extra step? Just to make a point? or plainly to humiliate and be mean??? it seems they forget who they are there for. Moreover with the current situation they must be extremely thankful to have a job. It´s sad to have a bad service after such a nice and complete breakfast. If we had paid in cash and they had to come up with the change? Were they just denying it to a guest? don’t know. The day before we stayed at the Shepheard right in front and the staff are soooo nice, the room was bigger and they had change! In a country were change is a must this was definately a negative point.
Anyways that night there was a party downstairs and you could hear the music. We dined at their Italian restaurant Pane Vino, the forks were dirty with a cheese like crust...nasty, as the manager saw me taking a photograph of the cutlery, he approached the table and ask what was the trouble, when i told him he immediately requested a change, the second fork was equally dirty, the wine glass was dirty too with lipstick. Food was good ordered fish with veggies and rice (never came) and lamb chops that were delish. The manager offered apologies for so many wrong things and offered dessert on the house but we were way too full to accept, however they could had offer a discount in order to compensate for all the mistakes.
It´s close to tahrir Square, metro & egyptian museum. On the lower level they have a hair dresser/spa and many shops. Went to the spa to book a massage and waxing but later cancelled as the owner was smoking inside and it stunk. On the entrance there is a metal detector for your safety.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
ICSemiramisStaff, Operations Manager at InterContinental Cairo Semiramis, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2013

Dear Guayaquil,

Thank you for posting your review of your September 12 -stay at the Semiramis InterContinental. I wish to apologize for not being up to your expectations; as reading through your comments I felt that you were dissatisfied with incidents (that really do not reflect our brand culture nor standards we adhere to serve our guests with). I only wish you had reported such incidents to the managment directly to deal with, on the spot, to avoid your discontent and delivere you the ultimate satisfaction we aim at to all our guests.

Dear Guayaquil, I wish to welcome you again in our hotel where no effort will be spared to enjoy the InterContinental experience

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Excellent food...splendid service! I was made to feel very comfortable and being a club member gave me access to many free benefits. The hotel's location is very handy and near the middle of all the action in Tahrir Square.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Nile side are more scenic but can be louder if there is an event taking place at the ho...