“Most delicious stuffed pigeons in town!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #108 of 4,086 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Halal, Egyptian, Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Cairo, Egypt
“Most delicious stuffed pigeons in town!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

If you are intrested to eat the Egyptian cuisine specialities, then don't miss the stuffed pigeons in Farahat. It is the most delicious ever. They have other orientel food on the menu like kebabs and Kaftas but their speciality is the stuffed pigeons.

• Visited May 2013

• Arabic first
Sydney
“If you want to eat stuffed pigeon in Cairo, this is it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

While highly praised in LP book, this place does not see many tourists. This restaurant is in the Islamic Cairo area without English sign, so I had to rely on the guide book map. It looks small takeaway shop with skewers with meat on display. Don't worry, they have dining area along the alley where you will be served with pigeon as well as bread with dips, pigeon soup, salad, pickled vege. While looks small, I found a single pigeon to be enough for a meal. They start serving from 1pm and a pigeon costs about 35LE. I tried stuffed pigeon as well as grilled one but prefer the stuffed.

• Visited February 2013
Cairo, Egypt
“the best place in cairo to eat stuffed pigeon”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Last Friday we went this restauant with 5 members of my family.the place is very nice (we went to Merryland branch) The new hall is fantastic. The service is good. Yo can choose your meal from a few varaities menu which contains (stuffed pigeon,Kebab, grilled meatballs)
At the beginning they offer you a mug of hot soup as a starter then some kinds of salads such as green salad,tahina,some pickles then the main course in which you sholdn't miss stuffed pigeon
We asked for 5 pigeons and two kilos of kebab and we payed 530 egyptian pounds which seems a little bit expensive but the food and the place deserve it
After the meal you may ask for fizzy drinksor fresh juice but we didn't try them

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank nahedCairo_Egypt
Columbus, Ohio
“Great place for grilled food, excellent food and value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is a place my local business contact took me to when I asked about BBQ food. It does not seem to be a place frequented by overseas travelers ( I don’t see any reviews here), but it seems to be a well known place by the locals. I kept 1 of their menu after the first visit and ordered delivery about 3 times in the following 12 days. When I ordered delivery, I had the hotel front desk guys help me to place the order, and almost every one of them said this is the best grilled meat place favored by the locals. It maybe considered expensive by the locals, as they use top quality material.

The place I went was clean, nothing fancy, located near Lebnan Square. They may have several other branches as well. Service was good enough when we ate there, but I was with my Egyptian contacts, so they took care of everything. Delivery to Sofitel and Fairmont took about 30-35 minutes on average. They don’t speak much English, but their menu does have 1 side with English on it, it’s easy enough to order from the menu. I have tried their kabab, Kofta, Lamb Moza, stuffed pigeon, grilled pigeon, Small lamb (which is similar to the Moza, different part of the leg maybe), Riash Betlo. I know, this is a lot, but remember I basically visited them 4 times in 2 weeks. Price is very reasonable, about $40-50 for a family of 4. All and all, this is the best restaurant I visited during my whole trip in Egypt.

Please keep in mind that I mostly care about the food, location/ambiance/service are not that important to me personally (unless they are beyond what’s reasonably expected)

• Visited January 2013