“Very satisfied”

Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 4,208 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Throughout the centuries, Egyptian cuisine has been part of the country’s heritage, history and romantic past. At Al Khal, the finest authentic Egyptian dishes and delights are brought to you in a classic setting with a modern twist and traditionally perfect service. Enjoy the tastes and flavours of the ages created for you.
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I really recommend this restaurant for it's excellent food, great service and relaxing atmosphere, I have tried many restaurants in Intercontinental Hotel and Al Bustan Grill is the best for me.

ShereenO, PA to EAM of F&B at Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear valued guest,

Thanks for sharing your nice experience in "Al Bustan" on TripAdvisor. Our aim is to consistently render our guests the best kind of service and quality expected from our Brand and it is truly rewarding when our guests recognize our efforts in such a positive manner.

We’re happy that you’re satisfied with our food, service and atmosphere.

Your encouraging comments have been shared with all concerned colleagues as reinforcement to them to continue their efforts to make it the best place in Cairo.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Travelling for business, I was at Bustan twice. Definitely a very nice place.
I was happy with the food of the first visit not so much for the second one.

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments about "Al Bustan" restaurant on TripAdvisor. It is always through our guests' feedback that we can measure our performance and improve the shortfalls if any.

We’re happy that you liked the place, but we really feel sorry for the inconvenience that has taken place in your second visit, and we hope that this will not deter you from visiting us again.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon in AlBustan at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

the food and the service was excellent
the food and the service was excellent the food and the service was excellent
the food and the service was excellent

Dear valued guest,

Thank you for sharing your nice comment about Al Bustan Restaurant on TripAdvisor. It is truly rewarding when we receive a positive feedback as such.

We are extremely happy that you're satisfied with our food and service. Our aim is to consistently render our guests the best kind of service and quality expected from our Brand.

Once again thank you and we look very much forward to welcoming you again and again

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Tried the Wagyu Beef but didn't meet my expectations. The chef did redeem himself by offering a complimentary fruit salad. Overall ambience was ok although the music from the other outlets over powers the music in the restaurant. The hostess, Asmaa Hassan was very pleasant throughout the evening

1  Thank Abbas Sabir

Dear valued guest,

We’re really sorry that the Wagyu Beef did not meet your expectations; this has been communicated to our Executive Chef for future consideration.

Our goal is to provide our guests with the highest level of service and perfect products they deserve.

We would be more than pleased to welcoming you again at “Al Bustan” Restaurant InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I wanted to eat outside at the hotel (where I am staying) this was the nearest I could get - a covered area with substantial sceening round the sides. A bit warm and airless on a very hot night. But the ambiance is relaxing, the staff are very pleasant and attentive and it was a comfortable dining experience except for the very dim lighting (the staff brought a clip-on micro-lamp for me to read my newspaper with).

My starter of lentil soup was delicious - a rich meaty stock and creamy texture, with a nice confit pigeon leg on the side to show the stock's origins. This is a grill restaurant with a menu heavily dominated by meat, but for main course I chose calamari. Being familiar only with calamari rings fried in tempura batter, I was not expecting the pile of large, thick, flabby rectangles of flesh in a sauce of Provencal vegetables and parsley. The texture was more like braised beef cheeks than a barbecued fish. A staff member offered to put them on the charcoal for longer, and this improved the bite, but not, I'm afraid, the taste. This is emphatically not the restaurant's fault, but my own bad luck. Next time I'll stick to the meat!

I will definitely come back, as the restaurant has style and its cooking has flair. Just a pity I chose something that was not to may taste

1  Thank ldhf
ShereenO, PA to EAM of F&B at Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear valued guest,

I am very happy that you have covered all the details about the place, food, service and staff. This really gives us a clear picture about your experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our lentil soup; however we’re sorry that the Calamari dish did not meet your expectation.

Your feedback has been shared with all staff to continue their efforts to make it the best place in Cairo.