“Great service and 'interesting' food!”

Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 4,224 Restaurants in Cairo
Cuisines: Grill
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Throughout the centuries, Egyptian cuisine has been part of the country’s heritage, history and romantic past. At Al Khal, the finest authentic Egyptian dishes and delights are brought to you in a classic setting with a modern twist and traditionally perfect service. Enjoy the tastes and flavours of the ages created for you.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I wanted to eat outside at the hotel (where I am staying) this was the nearest I could get - a covered area with substantial sceening round the sides. A bit warm and airless on a very hot night. But the ambiance is relaxing, the staff are very pleasant and attentive and it was a comfortable dining experience except for the very dim lighting (the staff brought a clip-on micro-lamp for me to read my newspaper with).

My starter of lentil soup was delicious - a rich meaty stock and creamy texture, with a nice confit pigeon leg on the side to show the stock's origins. This is a grill restaurant with a menu heavily dominated by meat, but for main course I chose calamari. Being familiar only with calamari rings fried in tempura batter, I was not expecting the pile of large, thick, flabby rectangles of flesh in a sauce of Provencal vegetables and parsley. The texture was more like braised beef cheeks than a barbecued fish. A staff member offered to put them on the charcoal for longer, and this improved the bite, but not, I'm afraid, the taste. This is emphatically not the restaurant's fault, but my own bad luck. Next time I'll stick to the meat!

I will definitely come back, as the restaurant has style and its cooking has flair. Just a pity I chose something that was not to may taste

1  Thank ldhf
ShereenO, PA to EAM of F&B at Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Dear valued guest,

I am very happy that you have covered all the details about the place, food, service and staff. This really gives us a clear picture about your experience.

We are delighted that you enjoyed our lentil soup; however we’re sorry that the Calamari dish did not meet your expectation.

Your feedback has been shared with all staff to continue their efforts to make it the best place in Cairo.

Once again thank you and we look very much forward to welcoming you again and again

Reviewed November 26, 2012

I would definitely recommend the most delicious tomahawk steak! Enough to feed a family. I'm overwhelmed by the obvious noticeable change in food, ambiance, and helpful staff . I just fancied a light meal, like their awesome brunch menu, but ended up having a delicious healthy grilled lunch. What a variety. I love this place. Amazing for families, kids and just friends having a great time.

1  Thank RaadiyahE
ShereenO, PA to EAM i/c of F&B at Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Dear Raadiyah,

Your delightful feedback about "AlBustan" is truly rewarding same as those about Shogun, Maestro, Bellini and Fayruz...

Again, let me thank you for sharing such positive feedback. Tomahawk is the signature dish for "AlBustan" and I am so glad you like it and the food in general.

Your encouraging feedback has been shared with all concerned staff especially the Chef as a reinforcement to them to make "AlBustan Grill" the best restaurant in Cairo and as you mentioned it is suitable for families, kids or friends.

Looking forward to welcoming you again to "AlBustan" at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

First time we try the american rib eye, medium, paper sauce it was unforgettable. The taste was excellent. The atmosphere there is very good.
But as my colleague Youceff said it took time to get our meal done.
Frankly speaking from my side for the rib eye, I would like the previous cooking style. The New cooking style more good appearance. But the taste not the same any more.

David L

1  Thank David L
ShereenO, PA to EAM i/c of F&B at Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear David,

Thank you for sharing your feedback about "AlBustan" restaurant for it is always through our guests that we can measure our performance and ameliorate our services.

Your comments about the food preparation taking much time and the rib eye taste have been communicated to the concerned chefs and to the Director of kitchens as well for future consideration. And we hope that this will not deter your from visiting us again.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon in AlBustan at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

It was my first time in this hotel & I will come back because we find the finest grill tast in Egypt

1  Thank Mrmr06

Dear Mrmr,

Thank you for sharing your nice feedback about "AlBustan Grill". Our target is to render our guests with the highest level of service and we are extremely happy we were able to make your first visit to InterContinental enjoyable and memorable.

We look forward to welcome you soon again to "AlBustan Grill" at InterContinental cairo Citystars.

Shereen omar

Reviewed October 28, 2012

I want to express my personal opinion and all my friends that has been visiting this place have the same as mine, it is our first choice and we want to see a team similar in all the hotel restaurant especially the lovely girl who works evenings and without exception all the team is great also the food is perfect and when you take a seat appetite has gradually
a small remark you can catch up : the preparation of meals takes time
I finally wish you a good continuation

ShereenO, PA to EAM i/c of F&B at Al Khal Egyptian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Dear Youcef,

I would like to thank you for sharing your food experience in "AlBustan Grill" with us for it is only through our guests' feedback that we can measure our performance and target areas of concerns.

Your nice comments about the food and the staff have been shared with all the concerned team specially "Nagwa" who usually works during afternoon shifts. As such delightful feedback is always rewarding and presents a reinforcement to them to continue their efforts to make "AlBustan Grill" the best restaurant in Cairo.

Your valuable comment about the food taking some time for preparation, this has definitely been shared with the Director of Kitchens and the concerned chefs as well. Necessary actions have been taken to ensure non-reoccurance in the future.

Looking forward to welcoming you soon again in "AlBustan Grill" at InterContinental Cairo Citystars.

Kind Regards,