Hotel Grand Royal
$145
$118
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Havana Hotel Cairo(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$57
$55
Hotel Royal(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$23
Osiris Hotel(Cairo)(Great Value!)
$25
$24
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstalaat harb squaredowntown cairoegyptian museummr husseinfrom morning till nighthotel tour deskdone dailyhighly recommend the granddaily breakfastfresh towelscentral locationorganise toursdinner cruisewifi connectionsecond homenile cruisecomfortable room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 1, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 27, 2013

I recently visited Cairo for two weeks from beginning to mid-August, and stayed at Hotel Grand Royal. Before my stay, I made sure to read any reviews that I could find about this hotel, as I would any other, and every review was relatively positive. After my stay there, I was more than happy to discover that these reviews were not only accurate, but exceeded my expectations.

The location is at the heart of downtown Cairo, and within walking distance to fantastic sites, including the Egyptian Museum, Tahrir Square, and the Nile. The hotel itself is quaint, clean, and nice. The rooms are very spacious and clean, as they are cleaned daily. My room overlooked the square, which I really liked. Of course it is in downtown Cairo, so sometimes it can be a bit noisy but for me I didn't mind at all. There is also the option of having a room that doesn't face the street directly for those who are more sensitive to "city sounds". Breakfast was also included and was a great way to start off every day.

The hotel also organizes various tours, for a reasonable price. I booked all of my tours (the pyramids, old Cairo, day trip to Alexandria, dinner cruise on the Nile) through the hotel. They organized absolutely everything, which was a relief and the tours were all lovely, as well as the drivers working with the hotel.

As a single female traveller, even though I am Muslim, veil, speak decent Arabic and wear modest clothing, it can be difficult even getting to the simplest of places without being harassed in some way. The hotel staff were more than accommodating when it came to anything I needed or any place that I needed to go. Someone always accompanied me if I needed to step out or if I needed to get something and was unsure of where to find it or how to get it. Because of them, I was even able to visit areas that most tourists would never get to visit and for me, I felt that I was able to see the "real" Egypt. They were all incredibly friendly, helpful, and genuinely caring. The environment felt much more like family, and I was very comfortable to sit and talk with them in the lobby for hours. They really went above and beyond to ensure my experience in Egypt was a good one. I'd especially like to extend a special thank-you to Ahmed and Hussein, who really went out of their way to help me.

Overall, I would highly recommend this hotel, especially for those traveling alone. The good rates, spacious rooms, great location, and wonderful staff really made the trip very memorable.

1  Thank Umm_Ali92
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I stayed at Grand Royal with my mother and our stay there was perfect. The hotel is really nice and clean and the rooms are exactly how you see them on the pictures. Our room was very spacious and cosy and they even let us choose one! Air conditioning worked very well, which was very important for us since it was extremely hot outside. The location is perfect, there are many shops around and important streets too. The highlight of this hotel is definitely the staff, they are very polite and kind and always willing to help you with everything you need, they really make you feel at home. As we stayed there during Ramadan, one day they invited us to share Iftar with them (Iftar is the evening meal when Muslims break theif fast). We will never forget it! If I ever go back to Cairo I'd definitley stay at Grand Royal! It's the best value for money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Susi426
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there in the hardiest time when Cairo and still have politic problem . Safe place and the location is just awesome near from every where . Specially if you do paper work . Dico is awesome guy work there . Ask about,

2  Thank Egyptiandiver
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

It is a really good hotel,good area,city center,you can arrage a trip near here,good staff,helping us organise all of the trip in Cario and Aswan ,good service,good advice for travelling in Egypt!I really appreciate it

1  Thank 明净 蔺