“awesome bistro”
Review of Left Bank

Ranked #9 of 4,200 Restaurants in Cairo
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Left Bank Bistro offers a sensational experience along the Nile. Left Bank serves authentic homemade French pastry, breakfast, gourmet salads and main courses, pizzas, in addition to an elaborate beverage menu. Additional features include a retail outlet selling fresh bakery and pastries.
Reviewed July 2, 2014

the white omelette with fresh salad is awesome. awesome place. recommended specially in the mornings

UrbaneRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at Left Bank, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Hello!

Thanks for your review, we're glad you enjoyed your meal.
Looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Left Bank

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

I have been a loyal customer to both Sequoia (sister restaurant) & Left Bank, because of the great service, location & hospitable staff.
Left bank is exeptional in the morning when u need a great view & quiet environment to work from.
The food & beverages are very good, though if I prefer the old menu.
The staff are always welcoming & super helpfull. They can get a bit slow with the high number of customers particulatly at night, yet again not too uncommon with such high numbers anywhere.
I highly recommend it.

UrbaneRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at Left Bank, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Hi Dina,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're very happy to have you as a loyal customer and hope to always provide you with a great experience. Looking forward to having you again.

Reviewed June 28, 2014

Dear Sir/ Madam

I am writing to air my complaints about the very poor service that I received at your restaurant today "Left bank Zamalek". On 27 June 2014 we had poor experience in regards to the staff's attitude and lack of communication which have spoiled our high expectations of your restaurant and eventually spoiled the day for me and my friends.

On 27 June 2014 we had a poor experience. I feel it is important that you be aware of the behavior of your employees. I have not shared this experience with any of my friends (or on any social media) YET, and would like to provide you with the opportunity to respond.

My friend and I approached a table to sit and we were told by the morning shift manager that it takes 6 people and we can not sit on it although we were two and expecting another two to come in 15 minutes. Anyways, we have understood the policy but in few minutes two guests came in and sat on the 6 people table and your respected manger did not say a ward!! Afterwords we sat on another table and the same manger came with very bad attitude asking us to move us to another table as this one takes 7 people!! I was like "Are you kidding me" !! especially that we ordered and our food is served already. his attitude was so unwelcoming and appealing rude.

I have tried to discuss with him that this is not what I have expected from your restaurant regarding the hospitality but his conversation manner is appealing and insisted to move us! he did not listen and did not give me a chance to speak and constantly tried to silence me up which i found very uncomfortable and irrespectable. he said that he will appreciate my understanding that it is hard to please everyone. We told him that we will not move to another table otherwise we are leaving the restaurant, his response in a rude tone was "Well, as you like, you can leave!!!" I couldn't believe that you would hire someone with that attitude and he's a manger too. Anyway, My friend and I left the restaurant without even touching our food and one of my friends promised that she will tell everyone she knows about that horrible experience we had and your horrible place.

I will try really hard to reach the managers or the one who's in charge to state my complain to let everyone know how terrible attitude your staff have and to be aware that with people like that, you will never be a successful restaurant. Just invest in people first.

We felt the whole ambiance was very unprofessional with no traditional care and attention and not to mention the bad attitude. very disappointing indeed.

2  Thank Omnia O
UrbaneRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at Left Bank, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2014

Dear Omnia,

Thank you very much for getting in touch with us about your complaint, we appreciate you informing us first. We're very disappointed you had such a bad experience at Left Bank and we'd like to know more from you personally to make your next experience a much better one. We take our customer service very seriously so please send us your mobile number to pr@urbaneonline.net so that we can contact you.

Thankyou and have a good day,

Reviewed June 27, 2014

Service is great as long as the place isn't crowded. Friday mornings are hell. No one is listening.
However, the overall service is great, attendants are well-trained, friendly and professional. They need more waiters maybe.
Food quality is great. Drinks as well.
Items are a bit overpriced though.
Some areas need more air-conditioning.

1  Thank BishoySabry

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback, we'll definitely take your points into consideration and forward it to our management team. Looking forward to having you again.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Left Bank is at an amazing location. The staff are super friendly and professional. Left Bank is ideal for outings or if you just want to grab a nice cup of coffee by the nile. It can be an awesome place to get some work done as well. Undoubtedly one of the best places to go in all of Cairo.

UrbaneRestaurants, Public Relations Manager at Left Bank, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2014

Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful review, we're very happy you enjoyed your time at Left Bank and we hope to always continue to be your all time favourite here in Cairo.

Have a great day.