“Great time during my long layover in Cairo.”

Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours
Ranked #3 of 277 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our main goal is delivering Excellent service with the Best price of the tailored holiday and Layover even at the last minute to make you experience Egypt like a local off the beaten path. Egypt tailor made is owned and operated by Walid Fathy who has experience for over 20 years as an Egyptologist guide and tour operator specialist in Tailor made tours all over Egypt and Jordan in ( English,German,Spanish,Portuguese and Italian languages). Whether you're a single woman or man, who prefer to travel at their own pace, no one extends a warmer welcome to solo travelers than Egypt tailor made. Be sure that your safety and security are our top priority. My selected colleagues and I in Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, white desert, Jordan ensure that you will always make authentic cultural connections and understand the real spirit of Egypt & Jordan. Egypt Tailor Made is ideal for those who prefer to explore places not found on other itineraries. We will help organize the most appropriate program to suit your interests, time and budget. Whether you're looking for a budget holiday, a student holiday ,a romantic honeymoon, or a family adventure, we can tailor-make your own personal holiday. We are enthusiastic for what we do and we love to travel. Our vision and reputation make us one of the most trustworthy tailor made operators in Egypt. When you discover Egypt with our growing company, you will journey off the beaten path.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Reviewed December 6, 2013

A few weeks ago I booked a ticket to Africa, as I've always wanted to see Cairo and the surrounding sites, I took the opportunity to book a long layover into it. I wrote to Walid about setting something up. He responded quickly with lots of ideas and options, and worked with me to put together everything I wanted to do In the time alloted. When we landed and met up with our tour guide, Walid called to make sure we were ok, and noted that everything was flexible to meet our requests. He met up with us at one point to say hello and bring us waters, and checked up again at the end of the trip. Truly great and personal customer service from him.

Now for the tours itself. We ended up with Laila as the guide and Mr. Mohammed as the driver. Laila guided us through the museum, pyramids, coptic and Islamic areas. She was very knowledgeable about the history of the materials and the city itself. She took us to taste some falafals, and a local spot for some incredible lunch. Laila took the time to answer any questions I had, any requests, and of course snapped away tons of photos for me. She was really a great guide, and would highly recommend her (them both)!

Now, for the safety part. Coming from the states, all I knew of the situation here is what is on the news, which can very widely in its accuracy on reflecting the true scenario. Before I booked, I was very careful in reading through lots of recent reviews of travelers who said they had no issues. (To try to get a perspective of people who had recently been.) I have to concur; not once did I feel unsafe, nor did my companion (a tall, blonde female who I'm sure sticks out in the crowd.) If there was any issues, I would have never known as we were never In those areas, and I'm sure our guide would have never even brought us close. As a matter of fact, I was surprised that multiple people just said, "Thanks for coming to Cairo", without any alterior motives, people said hello and waived from their cars, and kids asked to kick a soccer ball around with me.

I have no doubt that Cairo, and Egypt will one day be back to its former huge tourist destination, but for now, there's a unique opportunity to experience it almost alone; I walked through the museum and stared at King Tuts mask, climbed into a pyramid and stood In a burial chamber, etc... all with no one else in the room.

As with anywhere In the world, including home, be smart about yourself and pay attention/listen to your guide and you should have a wonderful time.

A big thanks to everyone, and I hope to come back again soon to see more of the country!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

Kudos to Walid Fathy for an outstanding and safe day tour of Cairo! Our guide, Massimo, was top notch. His knowledge of the sites was awesome. He could share amazing details and history about the locations and decorations. But it was his willingness to help out in any situation (even to help make change and haggle prices) that was above and beyond what I would expect from a tour guide. He made us feel welcome, comfortable, safe, and like friends. We toured the pyramid sites of Dashur and Saqura, the Egypt Museum in Tahrir, walked the market in Islamic Cairo, and watched the Whirling Dervishes. It was a lot for one day, but thanks to Walid and Masimo, we made it and had a wonderful time. I strongly recommend that you book your tour ASAP for 3 reasons: 1. It is safe. At no time were we concerned or found ourselves wondering about our safety. 2. The general lack of tourists makes for a wonderful chance to see everything at your leisure and without waiting. 3. Working with Walid and his team can make your trip easy and one to remember. I hope you all have as good a time as we did.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Thanks to Mr. Walid Fathy and his team for arranging an exceptional day trip to Luxor for our family. Our guide Mr. Mansour Hussain was extremely knowledgeable and captivated us with the wealth of information and explanations to every question that was asked. The day started with a visit directly from the airport to The Valley of the Kings which we did at our own pace. We managed to cover all the attractions including the Temple of Hatschepsut, Karnak and Luxor Temple. We also had a relaxing ride on the Faluka and a delicious lunch at a terrace restaurant. Walid monitored our trip and every detail and made sure that we were well taken care of. We highly recommend Walid and his team to all those who wish to travel to Egypt. We hope to be back soon!

walid f, Owner at Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear Apurva, on behalf of my team work in Luxor i would like to thank you for your feed back, highly appreciated. We are happy that you enjoyed Luxor overday and we hope to see you and your family back soon . Egypt has a lot to offer.
Walid Fathy

Reviewed November 28, 2013 via mobile

Mr. Walid Fathy arranged a fantastic day trip for our family starting chronoligically with a visit to Sakkara, Memphis and the Pyramids of Giza. We were very impressed and highly recommend him for his excellent services with attention to details. We enjoyed the sightseeing at our own pace and felt safe and comfortable with our kids.

1  Thank Rashmi M

Dear Rashmi , thank you so much for spending the time reviewing our service . It was very important for us making your kids feel safe and understand the chronology of the Egyptian history in a proper way .
Walid Fathy

Reviewed November 24, 2013

There are very few businesses who match their words with actions, Walid Fathy - Egypt Tailor Made is one of them. My wife and I used their services for Cairo Day Tour and found the entire experience exceptional. Our guide Laila was very knowledgable of the history and made sure we spent ample time at every sight seeing point. Our driver was also great. High Quality Customer Service is the motto they operate their business and we have seen it in action all through our day.
One last thing which is on everybody's mind is the security situation. There is absolutely no issue at all. 99.99% of Egyptians are going by their daily life and the city is safe and greeted by friendly Egyptians everywhere. Do not miss your dream trip without checking facts on the ground and when you decide to come then book with Mr. Walid Fathy - the best tour company here!