“Recommend”

Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 10 Food & Drink in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Our main goal is delivering Excellent service with the Best price of the tailored holiday and Layover even at the last minute to make you experience Egypt like a local off the beaten path. Egypt tailor made is owned and operated by Walid Fathy who has experience for over 20 years as an Egyptologist guide and tour operator specialist in Tailor made tours all over Egypt and Jordan in ( English,German,Spanish,Portuguese and Italian languages). Whether you're a single woman or man, who prefer to travel at their own pace, no one extends a warmer welcome to solo travelers than Egypt tailor made. Be sure that your safety and security are our top priority. My selected colleagues and I in Cairo, Luxor, Aswan, white desert, Jordan ensure that you will always make authentic cultural connections and understand the real spirit of Egypt & Jordan. Egypt Tailor Made is ideal for those who prefer to explore places not found on other itineraries. We will help organize the most appropriate program to suit your interests, time and budget. Whether you're looking for a budget holiday, a student holiday ,a romantic honeymoon, or a family adventure, we can tailor-make your own personal holiday. We are enthusiastic for what we do and we love to travel. Our vision and reputation make us one of the most trustworthy tailor made operators in Egypt. When you discover Egypt with our growing company, you will journey off the beaten path.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Brisbane, Australia
“Recommend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Unfortunately due to the circumstances in Egypt I was not able to go thru with my trip and tour. However, I would still recommend Walid's services. His communication and prompt replies were excellent and informative.
He was very patient in dealing with my constant tour changes.
I was extremely disappointed in not being able to go thru with the tour but intend to re-schedule a trip to Egypt and will certainly be using his services on that trip

Visited August 2013
walid f, Owner at Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Jackie, what a pity!! no enough luck this time. Thanks a lot for recommending our customer service and I promise you with time to remember when you visit my beloved country Egypt, hopefully soooooon
Walid fathy

• Arabic first
Toronto, Canada
“excellent day tour!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Walid and his team are extremely professional. He replied to all emails very promptly and was very flexible in scheduling, something that was important to us as we only had 18 hours in Cairo. Our guide, Hoda, was exceptional. She went out of her way to ensure the tour was perfect for us. My friend and I visited Cairo on September 1st, 2013. Not once did either of us feel uncomfortable or unsafe in any way - we visited Dubai and Jordan in the same trip, and felt just as welcome in Egypt as in other Middle Eastern countries. I would wholeheartedly recommend booking a Cairo tour with Walid and his company.

Visited September 2013
walid f, Owner at Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Michael, thank you so much for your recommendation, highly appreciated. My team work and i are very happy that you enjoyed your layover with us and promise with time to remember next visit as well.
Walid Fathy
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spectacular service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I took a tour with this company on September 1, 2013. Walid Fathy was absolutely wonderful to communicate with - his emails were prompt, clear, with a personal touch.

I had a very long layover at the Cairo airport, so this day trip was ideally suited for me. I was picked up and dropped off at the airport with Mr. Abdullah as a driver and Miss Hoda as the tour guide.They were both absolutely wonderful!

The itinerary involved the pyramids of Giza, the Sphinx, the Egyptian Museum, the marketplace, and a walk through the Islamic area. I told Miss Hoda that I really enjoy fresh juices, and so we made many pitstops along the way. She showed me many delicious new flavours including hibiscus, dom nut, dates with milk, and etc. I was extremely impressed with how they responded to my personal interests.

The current situation in Egypt did not affect the tour at all. We even took photos at Tahrir square. I felt safe for the entire duration of the trip, and I highly recommend a tour with this company! I could really tell that they went out of their way to ensure spectacular service.

Visited September 2013
walid f, Owner at Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Dear Jess,Thank you for reviewing our services. We are so glad that you enjoyed it and looking forward to see you again but with more time to show you more of authentic Egypt.
Atlanta
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Walid is FABULOUS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

We have been planning a day trip with Walid for about 4 months. He is always prompt, courteous, informative and kind in his responses. He made several recommendations for sites to see that we weren't considering - we forgot about the Nile! He was very patient with my many, many questions and I always heard back from him within a timely manner. Due to the political turmoil, our plans have changed and we aren't going to Egypt. I am sorely disappointed that we don't get to visit Cairo, but even more so that we don't get to meet Walid and / or his staff. IN the event we ever have the opportunity to visit in the future, I will certainly contact Walid for his services. Best wishes for peace in the region.

Visited August 2013
walid f, Owner at Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Dear valued traveler
What a pity . No luck this time !! . Thank you for your wishes . So happy that you are satisfied with the customer service .
Keep in touch till we meet in Egypt , hopefully soon .
Walid Fathy
Austin, Texas
“Day Tour of Cairo/Giza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I know there is a lot of tumult and violence happening in Egypt right now but I was just there on Monday Aug 19th for a long layover (about 6 hrs total - 4 hrs touring) and after a lot of research and thought I decided to go through with my original plan to tour the Pyramids and Cairo. Walid was my guide and the service provided was perfect.

As an American female traveling alone Walid made me feel very safe and comfortable during the tour. He was very responsive while booking and then kept me informed about things happening 'on the ground' right up until I arrived. My flight was late but he waited 1.5hrs for me to arrive. He has 15 years experience in tourism and is very knowledgeable about the ancient history and current affairs of Egypt. I trust his judgement regarding what is safe/not safe for tourists. He provided a lot of great info in a very professional and friendly manner. He has a lot of pride for the fascinating country and is eager to share all aspects of Egypt with guests.

Unfortunately when we got the Pyramids they were closed (even though they had been reopened the day before). Luckily though the tour office is in Giza and they seem to know many people there. We were able to climb to the top of a building and got an amazing view of all 3 pyramids and the Sphinx. Then we had delicious local lunch and did a short driving tour of other historic sights in Cairo ( the Citadel, Rabah square, Islamic Cairo). There were some military tanks and soldiers present but they never gave us any trouble/hassle. If you're considering booking a trip with Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours you can trust that they know the city very well and are in tune with the reality of the safety for tourists. While I never felt unsafe I know that Walid would have altered our plans or taken me back to the airport at any time if I wanted to.

Also, while in Giza I saw another group of about 7-8 people touring around the streets on camels. And even another busload of 10 or so tourists near the Pyramids. Prefacing all of this I did quite a bit of research so I recommend you do the same. If you decide to do a trip in Egypt then I highly recommend Egypt Tailor Made Day Tours!

Dear Emmy
Thank you so much for the kind words you wrote about me , highly appreciated .
As an American female traveling alone , your safety and enjoyment were my number one priorities.I am very glad that you never felt unsafe during the layover and looking forward to come back with more time to show you more of authentic Egypt .
walid Fathy