Freedom Hostel
Le Meridien Cairo Airport(Cairo)
$154
$135
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
$125
$98
Agoda.com
$230
  • Pool
All reviewsflights of stairsno elevatordowntown cairotop floorsecond hometrain stationairport transferair conditionvery pleasant staya great place to staystayed for nightslocation is greattahrir squarevisit cairorooms are cleaneslammuseum
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I was here with a friend for about 4 days! Contact with the hostel before we arrived was really good, we got picked up from the airport and that was prompt so very happy with that. It is slightly more expensive than a cab would be but on arrival this is probably the best choice as its a bit of a meat market!

Our room was very nice and big, we had so much space in the room! The decor in the whole hostel is very nice however considering this is supposed to be a new hostel the main bathrooms needed a little work! The water was always hot though and there was never a queue for the shower in the mornings

There is a kitchen where you can prepare your own breakfast if you wish, which we did on two mornings as we didnt really want the breakfast.

The staff were quite nice, some more so than others! The lady who came and cleaned most days was lovely and so was one of the guys working on reception that was working there for a few days. He gave us alot of advice.

My main issue was the use of wifi and two out of three of the days it was on and off every 5 minutes yet we were still charged for the code. I wouldnt have minded apart from the fact that we were paying 50 EGP for our room a night yet paying 20 EGP for internet that didnt work! By the last day it was working a little better however for some travelers who are travelling on and want to book ongoing flights and trains it is a bit of a hassle!

The location of the hostel is in a really good location!

Next time I am in Cairo I will def come back! Thanks

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2012

While serving UNITED NATIONS at BURUNDI i planned to visit the Most historical country in the world that is EGYPT. There i found myself with these fine fresh young energetic and sincere group of professionals. Few of the very precious days in my life that i spent in the company of Mr peter, Gad and Hassan. So friendly and sincere they were with the profession and their clients that we always found ourself at home. served with the best facilities and comfort, that trip was made unforgettable and the affect of that journey through the land of Pharoes is such long lasting that when ever i recall it seems as i have just visited few days back and a wish takes rebirth in my mind to visit those wonderful people the host of our again and again.... i Recommend the facilities and above all dedication and professionalism offered are worthwhile and deserve more than a 5 star rating so every reader of this comment can blindly have faith in the team and the facilities they offer........ My stay at their Hostel was perfectly organised and so comfortable that i never missed home....
i wish them best of luck in every aspect of life...
Anees - ur Rehman
Pakistan

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 12, 2012

I stayed at three different hostels while in Cairo and of the three, found this one to be the cleanest and the newest! I believe it opened just last year after the Arab spring (don't quote me on this though!)

I was the only person in the 4-bed room and thus had a lot of space and my own bathroom. Can't complain there. The front desk spoke English very well and the A/C worked!!! I had a great sleep while in Cairo thanks to Freedom hostel and will not hesitate but to stay there again next time I'm in Cairo.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at Freedom for three nights in October 2012, and loved every aspect of it so much, that I came back at the end of my trip around Egypt for another night!

The rooms are spacious; very clean and quite sound insulated (a must for Cairo traffic!). Two well kept shared bathrooms for those apartments without an en suite, had no issues with cleanliness or use of these at all.

One of the best parts of Freedom is the owner, Peter. Hugely passionate about his establishments - and his guests, and goes out of his way to assist and advise you on your stay here. Yes, the taxi drivers and trips to the rest of Egypt that he organizes will take to the papyrus; perfume and alabaster "factories", but look at it as part of the Egypt experience, theres absolutely no obligation to actually purchase anything!

My taxi driver for my three days there was brilliant, English speaking; easy going; knowledgable and definitely added to the value of my trips memories. His name was Musa, ask Peter for him by name, highly reccomended.

Freedom is a fine establishment, and I will reccomended it to anyone wanting to see Cairo on a budget (or even if you aren't:)

P.S. The hostel offers an airport pick up service for 70 EGP, it's cheaper than any taxi you'll pick up at the airport, use it and learn from my mistake:)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 8, 2012

This is a great place to stay, i stayed for three nights.
The place is run by Peter, a fellow backpacker that always wants to help.
The place is very clean,cheap and theres everything you might need. Its without a doubt the best hostel i stayed in in Egypt,

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo