“Love”
Review of Mesho Inn Hostel

Mesho Inn Hostel
Ranked #57 of 133 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

I had a great time there even though I was there during tumultuous time. The staff are great! They're friendly and very helpful. They helped me planned other trips when I couldn't do my other trip and they made sure that I went on that trip so that I would have a great time in Egypt. But even when I spent a lot of time in Cairo just hanging out at the hostel, it was still pretty fun. Everyone over there, the staff and other occupants, were happy to have a long and lengthy discussion :-)

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank mesho12

Reviewed January 21, 2014

Family palace Hostel has a great central location and is run by very friendly and welcoming people. We had arranged a pick up from the airport with the hotel and although the plane was late for 1 hour the driver was there waiting for us, very organized and efficient. Upon arrival to the hotel we were offered several rooms to choose from and we settled for a front view room with a balcony. Throughout our stay all the staff was very friendly and helpful, making us feel relaxed and at home

Room Tip: all i like
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank hayde198
Reviewed January 17, 2014

this is a really nice place to stay in cairo ,mesho is very friendly guy and all the staff are the same,
i like the breakfast in the morning it was for free and my room was the same one i have got last time ,its my second stay and if i come back again i definitely will stay there,i recommend it for travelers who planing to stay couple of nights in cairo with cheap budget ,thank you guys for every thing!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank jamsp_12
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Where to start on this dump the only good 5hing about this hostel is the lady who works their but is cowed by the owners to do as little as possible due to thier childish and very immature behaviour.i booked for eight nights and after the fourth day i asked if they could clean the room and take out the garbage and it wasnt till the fifth day that they actually entered the room and did anything.when i checked to see what had been done the bathroom had not been cleaned and was not cleaned properly while i was their,the floors were always dirty and when i asked for anything they all came off especially the manager as if i was asking for too much .the attitude here if yu wish to spend time in this dump is not condusive to a holiday yu would enjoy.the climb to the third floor is filthy and the inner courtyards on each landing is nothing short of disgusting as 4hey are strewn with garbage .booking .com has osn many ocassions sent me to hotels where they promised one thing in their reviews and delivered far less than they advertized.if yu want a decent hostel and dont mind paying a little more the cairo hostel is a much better option than putting up with these people and much cleaner.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank mark b
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Look, I get it, it costs 10 bucks, you don’t expect the Ritz. But after one night I moved to the Bella Luna where I am paying an extra dollar a night and the difference is huge.
The Mesho didn’t have my booking, the airport pickup didn’t materialize, then the air con didn’t work (yeah, OK, I can just hear all the hardcores snorting at me for wanting aircon, but I was coming down with a really horrible cold and just this once I specifically booked a place with aircon). The advertised included breakfast was not going to happen - again, honestly not fazed – a good breakfast in Cairo costs like a buck anyway, so it wasn’t the absence of breakfast, it was just another thing that I was promised that didn’t materialise. As it turned out, the lovely cleaning lady insisted on bringing me breakfast when I she heard me politely pointing out that it was advertised as being included. But she was the exception. The other staff didn’t really seem to care much when I politely pointed out the things that they had advertised but not provided (the guy who said he would ‘look into’ the air con barely looked up from his social media and never got back to me).
I am not at all fussy about the things that the Mesho lacked but they do need to start providing the things that they advertise as included, or stop advertising them as inclusions.
The noise from the street is pretty intense (again I can just hear the hardcore travellers saying ‘Oh that’s just Cairo’, but I know Cairo well and it simply isn’t true that noise all night is an unavoidable part of staying cheaply in downtown Cairo. There are better, much quieter places for the same or similar price where they provide what they promise to and where the staff really care about you. I suggest the Bella Luna or Wake Up Cairo.
But hey, at a pinch, the Mesho is cheap, clean, and in a good spot.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 23, 2013

Mesho and his colleagues are very friendly and love conversing and getting to know thier guestes every chance they get. Great place for young adventurous travelers wanting to experience the true character that is the heart of Cairo. You stay 3 floors up off the ground in a once beautiful 300 year old building with lovely balconies. Do not let the entry way, elevator or staircase deter you from this very nice and well kept hostel. Mesho will set you up with an excellent driver and plan out everything you want to do from Alexandria all the way down to Abu Simel In a complete package at a decent flat rate(includes driver, guides,entrance fees to places, and trains or planes if needed). You learn to trust your driver and guides with your life becuase you are thier well being as well, meaning if they leave you unsatisfied Mesho will no longer contact them for work. The drivers and guides keep you from getting ripped off and hustled by the small percentage of Indecent people in Egypt. I enjoyed my stay very much.

Side Notes: Don't let the Media Intimidate you, I traveled to egypt by myself and I felt very safe, Egyptians are very friendly and love Americans.

Ladies: don't wear shorts or tank tops in Egypt unless you want to get absolutley Gawked at more than you already will.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank TaylorMitchel89
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stumbled upon Mesho Inn hotel by accident, we were actually looking to stay at Traveler's house hostel one floor above but ended up staying here instead. We were happy with our find as we were there during the 25 Jan revolution anniversary and Mesho and Islem cautioned us to be careful and gave us their phone numbers in case we needed help. That was appreciated. Of course being in the center of Cairo is noisy and you have to put up with Mozzies flying around but the room is pleasant and clean, and the breakfast tea is a good way to greet the morning. Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mel_Lin_82
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cairo
Villa Belle Epoque
0 mi away
Romance Hotel
Romance Hotel
#1 of 2 in Ain Sukhna

Been to Mesho Inn Hostel? Share your experiences!