“One of the Seven wonders of the World!”

Elegant Voyage - Day Tours
Ranked #76 of 326 things to do in Cairo
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Visiting the pyramids was inspiring. Could not believe we were actually looking at all the history in front of us. We were overwhelmed by it all. The Tutankhamen Museum was actually unbelievable. Could spend hours there, but went onto further sights of nearby. Had my birth sign done in parchment and got some lovely gold jewellery which I still have to this day. Security was brilliant ( police on camels ) sounds funny but they kept all the sellers of carpets etc away from us.. I say to anyone if you can go - then go and see them. You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Red46_13
in 21 reviews
"buying"
"islam"

Reviewed July 22, 2013

We arrived in Cairo and was met at the airport by a GO TRAVEL EGYPT guide Moustafa. He managed to get us through customs fast and whisked us through all the people into our private van. At the hotel we were met by the owner (Also named Moustafa) of GO TRAVEL EGYPT and we decided to do a full day private tour. GO TRAVEL EGYPT took care of all the fine details; all we had to do was follow along. Their guides were very knowledgeable, kind and very caring of what we were seeing and understanding. We rode the camels out to the pyramids which was a dream come true! Our guide came with us and made sure we were not hassled for pictures or haggled to buy merchandise we did not want. The Museum was an educational back flash to our high school history classes... So interesting, we were walking around in a state of awe. The Citadel was beautiful and the Bazaar was crazy but fun. We felt safe with Moustafa and sure to get the best deal of purchases we wanted. Moustafa want well above and beyond to make this an exceptional first day in Cairo and Giza for us. His prices were by far cheaper than anyone else I found and I never read a bad review about GO TRAVEL EGYPT. If I ever go back to Egypt; I will hire GO TRAVEL EGYPT.

Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

This trip is a must when going to Egypt. The sights are stunning and well worth the money. Beware of being offered camels for your wife though! Ha ha!!
Another thing, when we were trying to take pics of the Spinx, little Egyptian children were trying to take my camera, saying they would take a good picture of us all. We didn't do this but some did a d had to pay to get their camera back. The kids might look sweet but they've been well trained!! Be careful, a firm 'No thank you' does the trick.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My son and I recently had an holiday in Egypt and we took an excursion to see the pyramids. I believe this is a must for anyone travelling to Egypt, this is a truly breathtaking sight.
It's well worth the money and I booked this excursion through first choice and not only do you visit the pyramids and sphinx we also had lunch on the Nile which was also an experience.
Also included in the price was a visit to the Egyptian museum where we viewed all the treasures of Tutankhamen and his tomb. On viewing the mask on Tutankhamen I found this an emotional sight to be in front of something so iconic.