“"Excellent Day's Tour""”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“"Excellent Day's Tour""”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Highly recommended if your staying in Cairo for a short time. Had visited the interestjng historical spots in a full day's tour. Very organized & efficient tour guides!

1 Thank mismhari

• Arabic first
  • Polish first
derby
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“great day, long day, a real experience”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

we had a great day, loads to see, guide was great, very knowledgable and answering question, trip on the nile was great, totally different to what we expected, lunch was ok, felt very safe as a guard was with us all the time. Guide was helpfull, prepared all for the hassle to be be expected as everyone wants to sell things and can harrass you from the moment you get off the bus. the museum was very hot and very busy.

Visited July 2012
Belfast, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“wow”
Reviewed July 17, 2012

This was a lovely trip. The pyramids were brilliant however be prepared for people trying to sell things to you constantly. The trip done the Nile was a highlight and lunch was beautiful. The museum was disappointing and too hot as no airconditioning. The toilets were also too filthy to use.

Visited July 2012
Houston, Texas
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“SEEgypt”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband and I live in Cairo Egypt. Our three adult children visited us in mid May 2012 to see Cairo. I made arrangements with SEEgypt and the World Travel Agency in Maadi-Cairo Egypt. I asked May Sedeky to plan an itinerary for four days for our family. We visited the Sakarra Country Club early in the morning to ride Quad runners to Abu Sir pyramids and to see Sakarra from the desert. This was a fantastic quiet day with no one in sight! We visited the Step Pyramid that day as well as Memphis. We also toured the pyramids and the Solar boat museum. The museum was clean, quiet and the boat there was fantastic. We toured Coptic Cairo, the Hanging church, St. Barbara, Ben Ezra synagogue and the Coptic museum.We toured Al Moez street, an old restored house and a cistern. This area was fascinating and by far my favorite day.We visited the Citadel, Mohammed Ali Mosque and El Nasser Mohammed Mosque. We ate kosheri down near Tahir square and then visited the Egyptian museum. Our guide was Samir Abbass. Samir was the highlight of our visit. He was very knowledgeable about history, was flexible, had a good sense of humor and was in my opinion "the face of Egypt". He made a very favorable impression to my adult son, and daughters as well as being very enthusiastic. I would recommend visiting Egypt now particularly because it is a bit more quiet since the revolution in January 2011. I can assure you it will be the trip of a lifetime.

Visited May 2012
Gloucester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing full V.I.P. treatment.”
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I simply cannot tell you how incredible my experience with Elegant Voyage was. I've traveled a lot, but never done the tour thing before. I was expecting a bus full of tourists. Instead, I was greeted with a slick black SUV with my own personal driver and personal tour guide. I was treated like a VIP the entire time. I had booked three separate one-day tours, and even though Elegant Voyage have a lot of drivers and guides working for them, they were cool enough to hook me up with the same two guys every day. It gave it all that personal touch. If you're lucky, you'll get the guide I had. His name was Mamdouh Boghdady. Simply put, he was phenomenal. He was professional, polite, unbelievably knowledgeable, passionate about Egypt's history, and overall just a really great guy. He not only answered every question I had about ancient Egypt, modern Egypt, culture, religion, food, etc., but he would hit me back with even more fascinating information than I asked about. No question was too stupid or too obscure; he knew it all! He was by my side at all times to teach, translate, answer questions, and even get me great deals with merchants, but he also let me wander and explore on my own when I wanted. He was amazing! As I said, I'm not usually a tour kind of guy but this Egypt trip has changed my views. I want to take Mamdouh everywhere I go now!

I can't remember the driver's name, but he was spectacular. It was like having my own personal Jason Statham from Transporter. With a black suit and dark sunglasses, I felt like I was being driven by the Secret Service. He dealt with insane traffic like a pro, coolly and calmly, and most importantly, safely. He, too, was incredibly nice.

The whole operation was so professional top to bottom. If I ever go back to Egypt, you can bet I'll be booking through Elegant Voyage and requesting Mamdouh.

What an amazing, amazing trip!

Visited March 2012