“Nile Dinner Trip”

Travel2cairo Nile Dinner Cruise
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Fabulous and worh while. We enjoyes it thoroughly. Superb food and the live entertainment was excellent. I'd recommend it to everyone visiting Egypt.

3  Thank Dsmiff
There are newer reviews for Travel2cairo Nile Dinner Cruise

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Awful, they accepted reservations even though several of the towns had been flooded on the Danube River, billed as a "Romantic" cruise, laughable. So romantic it almost caused a divorce for myself and husband who booked this disaster. They forced passengers to switch ships mid-cruise without notice, (10 hours) food was awful. I just hope you'll be wise and research this extensively before booking. The customer service was non-existent. I have traveled on many cruise lines, Silver Seas gets it right, as do many others. Viking was supposed to be in the same league, but obviously the critics were paid off. I'm unfortunately stuck on the ship as I write this, in hopes of saving even one poor passenger. It's very costly for me to take a vacation, and this was a huge sacrifice both financially and professionally. I might also mention if you're under the age of 65, don't even think about this cruise line, I'm mid-40's and 20 years younger than any other passenger. No gym, no pool, sauna etc...and they play elevator music from speakers directly outside your stateroom. Simply put, all things bad for a vacation!

4  Thank lodgingproreview
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stay on the Nile Elite crusie ship for 7 nights. Avery nice ship although a bit tired
the trip down the nile was great and we will be going back next year.
The staff were great and really looked after us We booked our trip out there with the onboard rep as this was cheaper than booking in the UK and we could chose which trips to do and not take the whole package.
The one downside was they wanted the crews tips up front on the 1st night Our group refused and after a while it was agreed we could tip at the end of the crusie

1  Thank michael w
Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed on the Royal Viking cruise ship for 9 nights (we stayed on an extra 2 nights as it was so lovely)

Such a gorgeous boat and unbelievably clean. Every member of staff was incredibly smiley, polite, kind and had very good, if not perfect English. Nothing was too much trouble for them and they were more than happy to help us with whatever we needed.

We had a fantastic tour guide for our excursions, highly recommend Hussein - he is over flowing with knowledge and passion about the tombs and temples and looked after us very well, making sure we were safe and that we were in the shade as much as possible etc.

The food on the boat was superb. Always super fresh and a variety of different dishes. They catered for English people's fussy need for English food (!!) but also had Egyptian dishes too, which i personally perferred. My Mum is Coeliac and was worried about being able to eat anything, but the head chef Mahmoud was amazing - he freshly prepared any dish for my Mum that she wanted!He was happy to create a dish that was safe for her to eat&he'd do fresh fish or a chicken breast for her.Amazing. All 3 meals were varied and plentiful. And the waiters were very attentive and smiley and made dining a pleasant experience. They are very chatty and polite and keen to make sure you had everything you needed.

The receptionist Sayed was incredibly helpful&kind. He helped me on a number of occasions with my phone and getting wifi etc and always made sure we had everything we needed.
Also the boat's manager Saleh was such a charming smiley kind man, he was true to his word when he said "nothing is too much trouble"! We had been moored for 2days with our room looking out onto the dock, when we requested a different view, they allowed us to move rooms straight away! (the boat was quite quiet as tourism is so low there atm,so there were spare rooms) Also the bed was hard and they offered to put a mattress topper on for us, it was no trouble!
The atmosphere on the boat was truely lovely, very chilled up on the sun deck, sun loungers to lie on&towels too. A small pool to cool off in whilst watching the stunning banks of the Nile pass by.
All in all, a truely wonderful holiday, and i cant recommend the Royal Viking enough. Everyone should go to Egypt, its a beautiful country and the people are very friendly. Tell your friends!! :-)

1  Thank CraizieDaizie
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Cruising down the nile was an awsome experience , however we were moored some days for too long. Vistiting the Temples was amazing very full on , we stayed for 7 nights,for the first 4 days we were up at 6am so that the visiting you do does not get too hot however they are all very similar Valleys of the Kings was the best. The poverty and dirtiness of these areas was disturbing they are all so desparate to get money of off you wich can be quiet frighting.Meal time routine on ship can get a bit taxing as it's very samey although good.Beware lots of flies too in these areas. In Aswan they bib the hooters fron morning to night a very noisy place not pleasent when you want to relax. We stayed on Sentino Marousha not a bad ship I suppose evenings was not very entertaining very dark area. Med our tour guide was fantastic very helpful and new his stuff. I would not recommed pre booking trips as you can decide when you are there.