“A backpacker experience”

Ranked #7 of 125 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
London, United Kingdom
“A backpacker experience”
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Efficient airport pick-up and drop. We did not get an en-suite which we had asked for and had to use the shared toilets and showers which we were not informed about (partly our fault since we changed plans at the last minute). The rooms and the toilets were basic but well-maintained and clean.
Since we had already booked the rest of our trip, we wished we did not have to listen to them marketing their tours and services when we were not interested. The very friendly staff albeit pushy staff which did make us a little uncomfortable.

Overall suited for college students and backpackers - not so much for couples and families

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Shankar S

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Korean first
Casilda
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I stayed at Miami Cairo Hostel on april, 2 nights. Moustafa and the rest of staff (sorry guys I'm bad for names....) are super friendly and helpful, they really made me feel at home. As I had just one day for visitng Cairo, they arranged for me a tour that was perfect. The room was clean and noisless, even though you are in the heart of Cairo. So definitely the place to stay were in Cairo.
Daniel, Argentina

London
Reviewed April 21, 2012

I was unfortunately sick the whole time I was in Cairo with a respiratory infection, but the staff were very kind and helpful. The hostel was clean and homey, and the beds comfortable. The bathrooms were basic but very clean. Conveniently located. On my checkout day, I asked to book another night so I could sleep in in the afternoon until my flight, but when I came to pay they refused to take my money for the extra night, and made me a free cup of tea and helped me check in online and print my boarding card.

Being sick and far from home is never nice, but it could have been much worse - many thanks to Mohammed and fellow staff for taking care of me. I will definitely stay here again when I try visiting Cairo again.

Helsinki
Reviewed April 16, 2012

Have stayed already 5 times in a year after they open 03/2011 in this veeery clean, veery friendly lovely small hostel in the heart of Cairo, near everything. Staying always 1-person ensuite, but all other rooms exelent too. Very good beds and good sleeps without any traffic noise. Everything success with the young, hot stuff, pick-up from the airport (if reservation 3 night or more) trips to Pyramides, museums, city tours etc and arranging trips also to Luxor, Aswan etc at yr own choise.
Very much Thank you: Mustafa, Ahmed, Nour and Muhamed. No boring days at Miami Cairo Hostel :)

Room Tip: Room nr 200 is a best single room
Powell River, Canada
Reviewed April 13, 2012

We stayed at Miami Cairo Hostel with our 3 kids (ages 8, 4 and 4) and my mother-in-law. We stayed in rooms 202 and 204, which have a connecting door and 3 beds each. The rooms are immaculate, large with huge ceilings and lovely wooden floors. Also, room 202 is one of the hostel's 2 ensuite rooms. The other 3 rooms have shared toilets and showers, which are kept spotlessly clean all the time. The hostel is located downtown, a 5 minute walk from Tahrir Square and the Museum.

We fly in from Amman, Jordan and Nour was waiting for us at the Cairo airport and we got a free transfer to the hostel. Nour also accompanied us to Giza the next day (even though we had a guide, Doaa Mohamed, whom I highly recommend. She is excellent and her English is top-notch), just to make sure we were OK. He was a huge help in trying to keep track of our 3 energetic boys.

Breakfast is included in the price (we paid LE240, which is about $40, for both rooms) and includes bread, jam, butter, cheese, boiled eggs, cookies, fruit, coffee, tea or juice. The food is plentiful and Mohamed always makes sure you get what you need at breakfast.

Mustafa, the owner, is very helpful and friendly. He and his staff do all they can to make sure you are comfortable and well looked after. Mustafa and Ahmed were very helpful in arranging our visits to Giza, Sakkara, Dashur and Aswan. I cannot say enough good things about the staff. They really are welcoming and amazing.

I will be returning to Cairo on May 3 and have already booked my rooms here.

Room Tip: If you want an ensuite room, your choices are room 200 or room 202.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I accidentally stumbled upon this hostel after my taxi driver from the airport left me in the middle of the street in downtown cairo (story for another day), and I couldn't have asked for a more warm welcome to Egypt than the one I got when I walked into Miami Cairo. The staff are all super friendly and will go out of their way to make sure your trip exceeds your expectations; whether its arranging tours, helping you find things you need, or making sure you're comfortable. The rooms and shared bathrooms are extremely clean, the stay includes breakfast, and there's always a friendly face to chat with if you have any questions. There's a lot of hostels in downtown Cairo, but after staying a night at another place where I originally had a booking I decided to move back because this simply is the best hostel that has the best value bar none!

Nicosia, Nicosia, Cyprus
Reviewed April 1, 2012

As a 21 year old american girl traveling with one other girl, there were some concerns about traveling to Egypt but Miami Cairo Hostel made everything AMAZING! There are airport pick ups, great rooms, GREAT breakfast, and endless amounts of helpful people. They planned a camping trip to the desert and a trip to Luxor for us and were there to help us with every step. Egypt would not have been the same if we wouldn't have stayed here. Even if you are super organized with your planning, Mustafa, Nour, Ahmed, and Mohammed will have some kind of helpful tip for traveling. The atmosphere just puts a smile on your face as well as all the workers! HIGHLY RECOMMEND

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends