“Best tour guide ever”

Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide
Ranked #26 of 268 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: It will be my great pleasure to tour with you our beloved country. Please feel free to contact me 24/7. What's app me 24 /7 on the mentioned number for inquiries and quick reply. All of the tours are customized to your interest.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Stairs / elevator, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best tour guide ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2012

I went to Egypt to tour Cairo, I was traveling by myself and had booked Aymen to take me to see the sites. What can I say but he was absolutely brilliant. He was knowledgable, kind and went above and beyond what I expected as a tour guide. Highly recommended to anyone traveling to Egypt? I plan on going back to tour the rest of the country and he will be the first person I call!

2 Thank KellyHCB
egyptian_pharaoh, Owner at Ayman Ahmed - Tour Guide, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
It was a great pleasure meeting you and touring with you and hope I'll see you again over here.

Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“If Cairo is a symphony of noise, good food, modern culture, history, and ancient phenomenon, then Ayman is her maestro.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

From the get-go Ayman was impressive and professional. Replies to email inquiries and questions about schedules and itineraries were prompt and helpful. We utilized Ayman’s services for a day in Cairo and a day trip to Alexandria. For our day in Cairo, he took us to Saqqara, Memphis, Dahshur and Giza to visit the pyramids and other ancient structures. Ayman’s English is impeccable and he provides a great mix of being informative without droning on about less important details which was a great fit for us. His tips on where to spend both time and money were spot on. Ayman also suggested where to best get a camel ride with one of his trusted colleagues and after initial hesitation, I am very glad I did this as it provided great views and was a personal highlight for me during my trip. One very important fact to note is that Ayman helps keep touts and vendors at bay and this makes Ayman worth his weight in gold.

Our day trip to Alexandria included visits to the catacombs, Pompey’s Pillar, the Alexandria Library and the Montazah Palace and Gardens. We were provided a van and driver in addition to Ayman’s guidance and the trip was great with a good combination of guided and non-guided portions. If you have the time, a visit to Alexandria is very worthwhile.

In transporting us to our sights, Ayman and our driver to Alexandria were so elegant in navigating the insane Egyptian traffic, that it was akin to watching Baryshnikov performing a ballet. It was an impressive experience for sure.

Ayman always made sure that all of our needs were met (water, food, time at the sights, etc). It was great to see him interacting with the locals and experience his hilarious sense of humour. What makes Ayman stand out from guides we have had on our previous trips is his ability to go above and beyond any and all expectations. He is completely upfront about any commissions about any parts of the tour and if you don’t want to visit any shops you don’t have to visit any shops. My wife and I were interested in custom cartouches, papyrus, and Egyptian cotton. Ayman took us to shops which he felt provided excellent quality at reasonable prices and also gave us some helpful bargaining tips. What we weren’t expecting was Ayman to assist us himself in bargaining for our purchases. He was so good at bargaining that the shopkeepers complained that we were getting local Egyptian prices! Hilarious.

It is quite evident that Ayman cares much about Egypt and its people and extends this care to his guests to provide an informative tour and present the best that Egypt has to offer. I would be remiss in not specifically mentioning an example of Ayman’s kindness and service. We had a very late night arrival from Luxor to Cairo later on in our vacation and we asked Ayman for guidance on how best to get to our hotel from the airport at such a late hour as we had a poor experience on our first excursion to the hotel from the airport. Ayman quickly offered to pick us up himself and transport us to our hotel. Ayman was on time at the agreed upon location to drive us to the hotel and he refused payment of any kind. This was just the cherry on top of the excellent experience Ayman provided.

I can unreservedly guarantee that you will get an excellent experience and incredible service with Ayman. One day we will return to Cairo and will no doubt use his services again. Insha’Allah. Thanks again, Ayman.

Visited May 2012
3 Thank ffmf
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Excellent Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

I highly recommend Ayman. He was an excellent guide and very informative on both life in egypt and egyptian history. When setting up the tour he was very prompt in returning my emails. We visited one week before their historic elections and I never felt uncomfortable or unsafe in any way. Now is a great time to visit Egypt! Had a wonderful time and the entire trip exceeded my expectations. Really wish we had more time there.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank jennyhoya
Pasadena, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I researched a lot of different guides a few weeks before my two day trip to Cairo, and based on his quick and professional response, as well as his very clear and upfront options and pricing, I chose Ayman. From the moment he picked me up from the airport until the time he dropped me off, Ayman made me feel very welcome. He was very informative not only about historical sites and events, but also about day-to-day life in Egypt. He even burned me a CD of some Egyptian Hip-Hop music I liked to take home with me! it really was like touring with a friend that happened to be an expert on Egyptian history. I would recommend Ayman without reservation.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank worldTraveler2289
Heidelberg, Germany
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

By far, this hiring Ayman Ahmed was the best decision I made during my two week trip to Egypt. I interviewed three guides, like him immediately after the first e-mail exchange, and knew I had made the right decision when I saw him at the aiport. He stayed with me and my family the entire time we were in Cairo. He was an excellent guide, amended our tour based on personal needs/desires, professional, courteous, and an wonderful companion! Our only regret was that he wasn't able to accompany us on the rest of our tour. Without a doubt, the best private tour guide in Cairo!

Visited April 2012