“Best tour ever!”

Cairo-Overnight Tours
Ranked #4 of 66 Outdoor Activities in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Excellent quality will not be compromised. We offer unique and authentic day tours all over Egypt. We will speak your language...German,Portuguese,Spanish and English and others. Our layover and daily tours range from 5 hours to 1 day, or a few days packages. Uncover the back streets of Egypt, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals,and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Local Egyptian Life,Please.If you could not find exactly what you were looking for with us, or with another Operator Please Feel Free to contact us immediately. We are here to help you. Our specialists will work with you and tailor make your tour OR Business OR Medical Assistance,to provide you with your exact needs....we guarantee that within less 24 hours, we will keep your holiday or your business trouble-free,We are here to give you the tour you want, and will change/add/adjust whatever is necessary to make you & your family happy ...This is our goal, to provide you the Excellent possible Holiday to make your dream comes true within your budget.Cairo-Overnight tours is owned and operated by Mohamed Bahaa who has over 20 years experience in the tourism industry. Through our teamwork, we are here to offer you half and full-day private tours and business assistance throughout Egypt . Whatever you are looking for, be it holiday or business, we will accompany you, navigate, translate, and keep your holiday or business trouble-free. With our qualified, friendly, honest and informative private tour guides and drivers, we will make your visit privileged and personalized, through a local Egyptians eyes. We will tailor make your tours as you wish, to suit your time limit and your budget, even change those plans at the last minute if needed..You have worked hard and dreamed of visiting this land - we will make your dream a reality. Egypt, the Heart of Africa is calling....for all who can hear it!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Reviewed January 7, 2014

First of all Cairo is very safe especially with these guys.

We had booked a packaged holiday to Sham el Sheik and were very keen to visit Cairo and the Pyramids but did not want to go on a hotel tour operated large scale trip. So after booking flights I contacted Mohamed Bahaa private tours.

I arranged everything via email with Mr Bahaa before we left the UK. He was very informative and clear about costs of everything. We were met at Cairo international airport by our guide Hoda and van driver Hosam, both had arrived an hour early just incase our flight would get in early, a real commitment from the start. Both were excellent; Hosam who has been a professional driver for 20 years ferried us through Cairo traffic with great ease and knowledge of the cities road network. Hoda our guide was fantastic, after studying German and English she completed her 6 years in university with a Masters degree in Egyptian history, she was full of information as she guided us through the museum of Cairo and the splendid exhibition that included the magnificat treasures of the boy King Tutankhamun. Before we saw the most amazing site of the pyramids and great sphinx of the Giza plato and then through the oldest part of Cairo. The attention in giving us correct information and also making sure we were happy was brilliant. If we were on a large tour we would have missed a great deal of information, but with Hoda we had her undivided attention and a chance to talk about history and also life in Egypt.

It was personal, insightful and a great deal of fun. We intend to come back very soon and spend much more time in Cairo and surrounding areas with this excellent tour service. I highly recommend you to visit Egypt, Cairo and the pyramids and use Mohamed Bahaa private tours.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

As a Canadian Jew, I was a little bit nervous about leaving the Cairo airport for a one-day tour during my 13-hour layover on a flight home. After having finished the tour, though, I couldn't be happier with my choices to visit Cairo and tour with Mohamed.

I was greeted by Seham, my wonderfully welcoming, informative, and fluent-in-English tour guide, and our friendly driver Mohamed at the airport, and the rest of the day was perfect. We visited the Pyramids, Sphinx, Islamic Cairo, the bazaar, and they even added in a last minute trip to the Coptic Church at my request. I was treated to a delicious lunch of Koshari(?), which was a nice surprise too. Mohamed (the owner, not the driver) called me twice during the day to welcome me to Egypt and see how everything was going, and it is clear that he genuinely cares about providing a professional and welcoming experience.

All in all, it was one of the smoothest tours I've ever experienced, and I never once felt uncomfortable, in danger, or out of place at all. Cairo is far safer than I had envisioned, and I cannot more wholeheartedly recommend both a visit to the city and Mohamed and Seham's tour. Do it!

Reviewed December 31, 2013

PRE-TRIP: Found this private tour co. online. Mohamed replied to every email within hours, even when emailing between midnight - 4AM! He's very keen to meet your needs and wants and never pushy. He gave the most competitive rate I found; when calculating the negotiated price of our return flights, private driver, private Egyptologist, and entrance fees (that even are excluded in group trips), the price STILL came out cheaper. Obviously, being able to go at your pace to where and when you want and not feeling like hearded or rushed cattle is a no-brainier.

DURING GUIDED TRIP: MOHAMED asked if we wanted a male or female Egyptologist guide; I replied it did not matter so long as we were at all times safe. Mohamed delivered. The DRIVER was smooth and 'foreigner-friendly' (e.g. not weaving in and out of traffic, not honking horns, and not blasting music). We were safe with our driver. Equally, our EGYPTOLOGIST Ms. Maha was open to all questions, always had an answer, and never patronized me for asking even the simplest of questions. There is LOADS of information to take in on Egyptian culture, history, ancient civilization, mummification process, theories behind how the pyramids were built, etc. Even if I pointed to a random statue on the drive from point A to B, Ms Maha knew when and why it was built. She's like a walking Egyptian encyclopedia!

*We chose everything we wanted to do in the day. This included the following (entrance fee):
1. Airport pick up 7AM
2. Pyramids of Giza + entrance into the queen's chamber (tomb) (80LE + ~40LE) 8:30AM
3. Papyrus museum + lunch to-go (manic traffic between points takes up a lot of time) 1:30PM
4. Egyptian museum + opt. mummy room (80LE + opt. 100LE) 3PM
5. Boat ride 30min. on the river nile (60LE + optional ~30LE tip for boat driver for entire boat that can fit 20 ppl) 5PM
6. Airport drop off 7PM (550LE (~50GBP) paid at end of tour and incl. driver, egyptologist, owner Mohamed's admin/planning for TWELVE hours)

We went to celebrate a 30th birthday and Mohamed the owner called Ms Maha at the papyrus museum and told us to pick a hand painted papyrus papered-artwork to celebrate his golden 30th birthday the day we saw the golden pyramids. Those hand painted papyrus paper originals weren't cheap, either! Great gift, our name in hieroglyphs, on the wall.

Would I recommend Mohamed Bahaa tours: YES.
Would I recommend Ms. Maha the Egyptologist: DEFINATELY.

Tip: factor in tips here and there or gifts bought at the papyrus museum or by local vendors-it's ok to haggle for good prices.

1  Thank PBirdie
Reviewed December 31, 2013

This was an excellent first rate trip, highly recommended. We were telephoned the evening before our tour by our guide Hoda to confirm pick up arrangements from our hotel. We were contacted again on time by Hoda and met at reception. From the start of our tour to our final drop off at Cairo airport excellent service was provided by both Hoda and our driver Hussein. We visited the Giza plateau, the pyramids, the Sphinx, the Egyptian museum then were provided with a lovely lunch at a Nile river restaurant. We then went to the Citadel, the Mohamed Ali mosque, then to the Khan El Khalili bazaar, and finally dropped at Cairo airport. Throughout our time in Cairo we did not see any violence or any trouble of any kind. We were warmly welcomed everywhere and based on our experience Cairo is a very safe place to visit. Would highly recommend this tour.

1  Thank Richard167mars
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were initially very apprehensive about visiting Egypt, but feel that it was the best decision we took for our Family's Christmas outing. We were in very good hands with Mohamed Baha, who is a benchmark in hospitality and professionalism. His staff is excellent, especially we were fortunate to have Mrs. Maha, who was really good explaining complex history in a simple interesting manner to my young kids. Mohamed's professionalism and his constant efforts to make us feel comfortable and safe is highly appreciated. I highly recommend people to visit the beautiful and culturally enriching Egypt, and in Cairo, I will only hire Mohamed Baha as my tour organizer. He and his staff are the best !!!

1  Thank Rakesh T