“Great Cairo visit”

Cairo-Overnight Tours
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Excellent quality will not be compromised. We offer unique and authentic day tours all over Egypt. We will speak your language...German,Portuguese,Spanish and English and others. Our layover and daily tours range from 5 hours to 1 day, or a few days packages. Uncover the back streets of Egypt, hidden gems, and fascinating sights. Step into the lives of locals,and get acquainted with the local food, culture, and traditions of Local Egyptian Life,Please.If you could not find exactly what you were looking for with us, or with another Operator Please Feel Free to contact us immediately. We are here to help you. Our specialists will work with you and tailor make your tour OR Business OR Medical Assistance,to provide you with your exact needs....we guarantee that within less 24 hours, we will keep your holiday or your business trouble-free,We are here to give you the tour you want, and will change/add/adjust whatever is necessary to make you & your family happy ...This is our goal, to provide you the Excellent possible Holiday to make your dream comes true within your budget.Cairo-Overnight tours is owned and operated by Mohamed Bahaa who has over 20 years experience in the tourism industry. Through our teamwork, we are here to offer you half and full-day private tours and business assistance throughout Egypt . Whatever you are looking for, be it holiday or business, we will accompany you, navigate, translate, and keep your holiday or business trouble-free. With our qualified, friendly, honest and informative private tour guides and drivers, we will make your visit privileged and personalized, through a local Egyptians eyes. We will tailor make your tours as you wish, to suit your time limit and your budget, even change those plans at the last minute if needed..You have worked hard and dreamed of visiting this land - we will make your dream a reality. Egypt, the Heart of Africa is calling....for all who can hear it!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Stroller parking
Reviewed August 12, 2013

On August 10th, our family landed in Cairo for a one day layover. Our driver was waiting patiently for us at the airport, very easy to find, even though our flight was much delayed. The next morning, our driver and wonderful guide hoda were waiting for us at the hotel, just as promissed. Our driver was amazing, very calm and smooth driver through the crazy traffic of cairo. Hoda knowas a lot about egypt and the pyramids; she explains many interesting things, and is very good at keeping all the family interested. We have three kids of different age and interests and hoda took time to tell stories interesting for all. Our kids much loved her (so did the parents!). All was very easy, just as promissed and smooth and flexible, mohhamad was also great at being flexible so we could see how things were in the city before firming plans. In the end, we did not see any problems at all, but it was good to have flexibility.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"camel ride"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed August 6, 2013

On August 2, 2013, my family and I started the day by meeting our guide Mahmoud promptly at 8:30 to begin one of the most memorable travel experiences. Our driver (Hussein) was able to expertly navigate the roads in Cairo. As when we were picked up from the airport, Mahmoud took every opportunity to explain Cairo, it's people, it's culture, etc. We learned so much as we drove from destination to destination. First stop was the Cairo museum. We were always dropped off at the front door of our destination. There were military tanks and soldiers in front of the museum but this was not intimidating at all. The museum is such a priceless institution, so it was completely understandable why the tanks were there. In addition, we were less than one block from Tahir Square so that may have something to do with it as well. While waiting for the museum to open, we were mesmerized by its size etc., but Mahmoud knew enough to recommend that we take a family photo in the front of the museum. Throughout the day, Mahmoud suggested he take a family photo? The sites are so overwhelming that it is easy to forget.

Mahmoud is very knowledgeable and well versed on Egyptian history. More importantly he is very good at explaining things and was able to fully engage my young adult children with questions, etc. I mentioned to him that he would be an excellent instructor on Egyptian history at one of our major universities because he explains this so effortlessly and understandably.

We hit the key areas, the museum in general, the old kingdom galleries, the new kingdom galleries, central hall, and of course the Tutankhamun galleries. The museum was practically empty which was good for us but extremely unfortunate for the people in Cairo.

Upon leaving the museum, we walked out to look at Tahir Square from a distance. There were no protesters. We then went to the pyramids. Again, we only saw one tour bus. As with every stop, Mahmoud provided an in depth history of the site and allowed time to look around. We then went to an area where we could take photos of the pyramids and this particular area allowed you to capture all three pyramids. I really wanted to ride a camel but I had read that you have to negotiate hard and I did not feel like it. Without mentioning this to Mahmoud, he went over and negotiated a great price so my daughter and I did the camel ride. The guide took several pictures as well.

We then went to the sphinx and took more pictures. Unfortunately I did not see any tourists at that location. After leaving the sphinx, I wanted to go back to the pyramid for a minute and while my family stayed in the shade Mahmoud insisted that we go if that is what I wanted. He was fasting for Ramadan ( no water, no food,etc.) but wanted to be accommodating.

Finally, Mahmoud suggested that we eat at the Caviar Restaurant. The food was very good and cheaper than the hotel (gets very expensive when feeding a family of 5).

Mohammad (tour owner not guide) called several times during the day to make sure we were enjoying ourselves and our expectations were being met.

We felt very safe. Many police around appearing to be genuinely concerned about ensuring the safety of the tourists. Finally we were fully embraced by the Egyptian people. Even when we did not purchase their items before walking away almost all said welcome to Egypt, we love America, and thank you for coming.

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

2  Thank MNJohnson
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I used Mohamed Bahaa tours the first time in January and had an amazing experience. I ended up going back to Egypt a few weeks later and contacted him right away. This time, he arranged a day trip for me to Wadi Al Hitan (The Valley of Whales). This was an amazing day full of great desert landscapes which are off the regular tourist itineraries. I will definitely call Mohamed next time I'm in Cairo!

1  Thank Phil L
Reviewed August 3, 2013

After two weeks of travelling we had one more day left in Cairo where we wanted to see the Giza pyramids. We had left this to the last minute and didn’t leave much time to make this happen. At very short notice I contacted Mr. Mohamed to see if he could help arrange something for me and my wife, he was prompt and organised a driver and guide for the afternoon to pick us up from the airport, take us to pyramids and then to our hotel. Was impressed at how smooth this the day was for us and highly recommend the services from Mr. Mohamed.

The guide Hoda was very knowledgeable, easy to get along with and very good to us whilst taking us through the Giza complex directing us around the camels, sellers etc. She gave us a warm welcome and left us with a positive impression on what the wonderful Egyptian people are like.

Mr Abdullah our driver was equally as impressive, his ability to navigate through all the people trying to rail road us at the bottom of the Giza complex was a site to be seen. He was always in total control and friendly face sharing his knowledge of the great city of Cairo too.
Overall the service from everyone was exceptional and we even got some complimentary goods at the end of the trip too, some lovely mangos and dates which have taken back to London to further enjoy :)

For anyone who is thinking of going to Cairo but is concerned of the current political climate, let Mr. Mohamed, Hoda and Mr. Abdullah elevate your concerns as they will ensure you have a positive experience in the wonderful city of Cairo.

Rudy and Shinta

1  Thank Shinta S
See more reviews
Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had a wonderful day on our tour. I had been nervous reading everything in the news, but it is very blown out of proportion. We had Hoda as our guide and we felt 100% safe the entire day. Mohammed even called a few times to check on us during the day and he was so attentive to making sure we were enjoying ourselves.

We were here on a 12 hour layover and wanted to see the pyramids. Hoda took us on a beautiful trip to Giza and even took lots of pictures of my husband and I. It was amazing. She also was able to get us in to the museum right before it closed so we could see Tutenkamens amazing gold mask. We went to the market, got some great local food and then went to Al-Azar park. It was an amazing day and we loved every minute of it.

I'm posting this now because we read reviews here when we were trying to decide if we should still come. I'm so glad we did! The other reviews were all right. It is very calm here and life is very normal.

Also, the vendors at the pyramids are aggressive, but we had no problems with them. Hoda gave us great suggestions on how to handle them (don't engage in conversation, nothing is free, etc) and while we were approached, we just firmly said no thank you and they moved on.

It was always my dream to see the pyramids and it came true today. (There was hardly anyone there - anothe plus for doing this now!) This is a great tour company and we had an amazing day. Thank you Hoda and our wonderful driver Mr. Abdul!

2  Thank AnnaDavison