“Good, but not great...”

Book In Advance
More Info
$56.00*
and up
Visit the Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Valley Temple, Sakkara and Dahshur with a...
Ranked #24 of 267 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are your reliable Tour Operator in Egypt for a comprehensive range of travel services including All Private tours that customized for only you for: day tours and shore excursions. We care about offering personal friendly services because it's our pleasure to serve you with our hospitality. See the wonderland of Egypt with us and know that you are giving yourself the best experience of Egypt.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator, Activities for older children, Stroller parking, Bathroom facilities
Cape Town Central, South Africa
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Good, but not great...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

To start off with I should make it clear that I don’t usually use tour guides which might explain my less enthusiastic review. I was in Cairo for business and had only a short time to see the sights so I decided that it would be best to make an exception go with a guide. On the positive side, my guide, Shaimaa was enthusiastic and knowledgeable and I appreciated that she allowed me the space to wonder around the pyramids alone.

The solar boat museum was closed although it was on our initial plans of things to see, but I was flexible and keen to see whatever I could of Cairo in the little time I had. Unfortunately Shamiaa didn't quite understand that I was not that keen on the usual tourist traps (papyrus museum, perfumery, overpriced jeweler), but would have preferred to have experienced more “real” Cairo. At a loss, she dropped me off at the airport an hour and a half earlier than I requested (using concerns of traffic as an excuse). That felt like a real waste, but I wasn't up to arguing over it.

In short, I got to see most of what I wanted, but a little more initiative would have been nice.

Visited December 2012
6 Thank Sam R
GoTravelEgypt, Owner at Go Travel Egypt - Day Tours, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear "SammyjoR" & TripAdvisor users,
I would like to explain the story from our side, but want firstly to itemize the main points of our services to our customers in general.

1- My company is not only the tour guide who just doing work on private guidance for the agreed daily tour itinerary and fulfilling the maximum satisfaction by keeping our procedures on how to achieve memorable day trip.
There are also:
A- Me who responded with 10 sent messages to your booking enquiry.
B- Operator to follow up with guide & driver about visits & traffics conditions.
C- Excellent driver.

2- Our guides are never push customers on buying souvenirs, gold or papyrus from shops or even vendor sellers, but on contrary of what you have wrote; we have strict instruction to our guides to protect the customers from hassle and never to push customer to purchase anything unless customer requests to buy something then the guide has only to recommend where it could be possible.

3- International or domestic flights requires to be at the airport on certain time allowing you to start your procedures to check-in on sufficient time, and we guarantee that no one will miss their flight as we take serious responsibility on how and when our customer should be at the airport and although if international flight ticket is not booked by my company - but (when the delay is caused by our side "company, guide, driver") we are committed to purchase another similar ticket.

The three points above were successfully taken into consideration by Shaimaa and the driver; and i was following up that day from Good Morning call at 08.15 AM when i spoke to you throughout the guide's phone to make sure you are with the guide & driver.

And during the day it was obviously that you asked your guide for some shopping during the time being near by the shopping area especially after you found the solar boat Museum is closed for maintenance -and you have seen that by your own eyes-

Concerning the airport transfer one hour before than agreed; your tour itinerary was already fulfilled and done successfully after visiting :
Red and Bent Pyramids in Dahshur, Sakkara step Pyramid and the Museum, Lunch, Memphis, Three Pyramids and the Sphinx and the Solar was closed on Dec 18th and you have seen it.
and that is the confirmed tour itinerary to you with Ref. 1812.

and for being at the airport earlier is because the driver took the ring road "high speed road" from Giza to Cairo airport not throughout the inner streets between the two cities "Giza to Cairo" which including many traffics and also changes in some streets directions in down town "one way streets to be two ways" because of the sit-in at Tahrir Square till December 18th, 2012. -your day trip date-

And visiting any of the sites in Cairo city during 60 or 90 minutes -Although it wasn't agreed previously in the tour itinerary- from starting point located at the Pyramids area will be not enough time to drive and park car and it would be real big risk and not professional to try a failure risk.

Finally; on behalf of Go Travel Egypt; I apologize to TripAdvisor users for the above rough rating and review by "SammyjoR", But the fact that I was following up by myself during the day trip And I confirm that Ms. Shaimaa didn't push her for shopping and the customer was at the airport before 3 hours of her flight's actual take off time after completed tour itinerary and services as agreed.
Mostafa Mosbah.

Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of the best tours ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

I so enjoyed our day with Go Egypt Travel! At Mostafa's suggestion, we did a day trip that included the Red and Bent Pyramids in Dashur, the Sakkara step pyramids, the Memphis museum, the Sphinx and three pyramids in Cairo, as well as the Solar Boat Museum. We also had time to stop for a tour of a carpet factory which was really interesting and had a delicious lunch! Our guide, Iman Zidan, was absolutely incredible! She knew everything and everyone and really made the trip for us. We loved talking to her and getting to know her, and I would highly recommend asking for her when you book your trips with Go Egypt.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank Rachel C
Ilminster, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Go Travel Egypt tops the bill!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

I wish I had followed my intuition and booked tours with Mr. Mostafa Mosbah and his team for the whole of the three days we were in Cairo. Having to watch our budget, we booked for the day tour of the Great Pyramids at Giza, together with Saqqara and Dashur and for the Sound and Light Show at the Great Pyramids a day later.

Throughout the time I spent from home in the UK emailing Mostafa, he was unfailingly polite and gave very helpful and careful advice about the itineraries and costs and emphasised that we could customise our trip to suit ourselves. On the day we were met at our hotel by Shaimaa - what a charming and dynamic young woman she is! Her knowledge and enthusiasm was boundless and she was highly challenged by my husband who kept the questions flowing about her country, customs and beliefs, let alone the sites we were visiting! I agree with other reviewers that Mahmoud was an excellent driver - we were later to discover that not all drivers in Egypt were so careful and considerate!
Another driver collected us from our hotel for the evening Sound and Light Show and, again, a very careful, considerate driver. Before the show we met Mostafa for a coffee. A delightful young man and he and his partner deserve all the success possible - do book with Go Travel Egypt - you will not be disappointed!

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Mavis H
Hamilton, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is the way to see the Pyramids !!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

We were extremely pleased with every aspect of this booking from start to finish. The young company owner,Mostafa,our tour guide Shaimaa and our driver, Mahmoud were professional,knowledgeable and shared the past and present beauty of their country. Each member of our group of canadian retired educators agreed that the Go Travel Egypt tour exceeded our expectations.

Visited November 2012
Manama, Al Manamah, Bahrain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Just Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 30, 2012

My brother and I LOVE EGYPT so much, the Great Pyramids and Sphinx generally the most stunning view we’ve ever seen.

Our trip in EGYPT was so amazing and memorable, arranged by Mr. Mostafa Mosbah – The Owner and General Manager of Go Travel Egypt, he provide us also a mobile phone through our trip to ensure easy access to him and the rest of the group at the very first step at CAIRO airport to ensure that we were well taken care of for the entire itinerary.

The very professional Mr. Mahmoud Ahmed and Ms. Shaimaa Zidan English speaking Egyptologist tour guides deeply knowledgeable about the history of ancient Egypt, we enjoyed their company very much and learned far more than we ever expected.
The trip Alexandria is amazing aside from the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa and the Pillar, Ms. Shaimaa the best for this trip took us to the exceptional fish market restaurant in Alexandria and the very best fruit juice, where my little brother mentioned earlier had his very refreshing MANGO Juice with a big smile,,,,,,really,,,,,,really fantastic!

Thank you Mr. Mostafa and family for being nice, supportive and accommodating (truly Egyptian hospitality) also to Mr. Mohammed, Mr. Mahmoud and Mr. Ahmed for our safe journey throughout the trip.

Visiting EGYPT? selecting Go Travel Egypt is an excellent choice and we highly recommend............we can’t wait to go again.

Visited October 2012