“Dina is Amazing!”
Review of Dina's Hostel

Dina's Hostel
Ranked #15 of 131 Specialty Lodging in Cairo
Reviewed June 18, 2012

This hostel really gets its points because of its WONDERFULLLL staff! I stayed here in April 2010 on a visit to Egypt with some friends (we were studying abroad in Turkey). We came before it was nicely decorated and furnished (I've kept in touch with Dina and her fb page and seen pics of the new place!). She completely took care of us! Airport pickup, maps, guidebooks, breakfast, water bottles, everything! She even helped us book cheappp packages to Sharm al-Sheik, Luxor, and Aswan. (she used to be a tour guide so she's got all the hook ups!). When we went to each of these cities, she even called one of the guys there to make sure we were ok! When I got severely sick and flew back early from Aswan to Cairo, she made sure there was a bed for me and my friend, and got all the medicine and tea I needed! Truly fantastic.

Location:
Dina's is located in the HEART of Cairo. Trust me, I've been back to Cairo a few times after this trip and it truly is so central. It is a few minutes walking distance from Tahrir Square and the Egyptian Museum. It is located on the 7th floor, but there is a small elevator (sometimes doesn't work), but it's not a bad climb. (and that's coming from a person who hates taking the stairs).

Cleanliness:
Everything was clean, especially for Cairo standards!

Rooms:
There is a dorm style room with bunks. I stayed here for 2 nights when I fell sick. Great, great way to meet people. Met an Australian, Canadian, and Hawaiian- great stories!
There are also private rooms. Stayed in the private rooms for 2-3 nights with my group. Clean, mirror, etc.
Shared bathrooms.

Overall you get an amazing experience!

6  Thank Travel0wl

Reviewed June 11, 2012

I ever been staying in Dina's hostel for 3 nights, rooms are clean, quiet, with beautiful furnitures, and staff here are very kind and helpful. Thanks to Nana, Muhammad, and the nice guy who makes delicious break fest for us every morning. The artistic atmosphere here would make you calm down once you step inside. This is an amazing place that i will never forget!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank zerryland
Reviewed May 19, 2012

One of the best hostels we stayed at on our trip. Clean and friendly. Great place to escape the craziness of Cairo's streets. I cant emphasize enough how friendly and helpful the staff were. I would definitely go back there next time im in Cairo.

3  Thank Stewart B
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed at Dina's hostel ten days ago. The staff at the hostel is very friendly . They are three young people that try very hard to please the guests. DIna herself is a wonderful person that arranges tours of the city at very competitive rates.
The building itself has lots of charm reminiscent of the fifties and the hostel has high ceilings and hardwood floors. We took a room at the back and it was really quiet - we were able to have an excellent night of sleep.
There's a wireless connection (that works great) in the hostel.If not there's a common computer to use. There's also a fridge one can use & cold drinks to buy (which was great for us).
It is a safe place & the perfect base to explore the city : The museum & The Nile are at a walking distance & the Opera complex too.

3  Thank prvancouver
Reviewed April 12, 2012

I love this place which is the
best hostel in Cairo with the most helpful staff you can imagine.
Placed in the middle of downtown Cairo with wonderful rooms in a historical building from the 1863
the atmosphere there is very special!

GREAT PLACE ....... go for it!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank HanneLise T
Reviewed March 29, 2012

Excellent Hostel! This place is really cool!. Breakfast changes every day and is delicious! Staff are great &nice always smile and the pyramid tour was excellent! I highly recommend this hostel!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Nana F
Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very good hostel. Probably the best in Cairo! Services were very good,staff very helpful ..they help us to organize tours,we had wonderful time there .thanks !!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends