“Thanks for a memorable tour”

Jana Private Day Tours
Ranked #11 of 69 Outdoor Activities in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Egypt is the gift of the Nile... Nowhere are there so many marvelous things as in Egypt, nor in the whole world besides are to be seen so many things of unspeakable greatness," wrote the Greek scholar Herodotus in 425 BC.Egypt has stunned and delighted its visitors for millennia, and the Nile River is the gateway to its many gems and one-of-a-kind treasures.We have been the local sightseeing experts offering a wide range of daily tours covering all of Egypt's most well-known attractions. Our tours are escorted by professional guides and include travel by luxury air conditioned coach and include all entrance fees. We appreciate that your leisure time is important to you and have therefore designed our tours to ensure that you have the maximum amount of time at each venue to fully appreciate it and enjoy the experience.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed December 22, 2013

I had planned a tour to Egypt with my wife, parents and younger brother. We got to know about Jana Day tours from a friend who already had traveled with them. So based on her recommendation we contacted Jana Day Tours and asked them to suggest an itinerary for us based on our interests.
Mr Mohamed was always very prompt with his responses over email. He answered all our queries whenever required.
Despite reports of unrest and other problems we remained in touch with Mr Mohamed and he assured us that the country is safe and we will not face any problems during our trip, and indeed we never faced any problems.
On arrival we were greeted by a representative from Jana Day Tours, he ensured we got our luggage and dropped us to the hotel.
All our accommodations were at nice places except for Sharm-el-Sheikh where the experience was not as great (for no fault of the Tour company) The cruise booked for us was the best and all my family members absolutely loved the Nile cruise experience.
Another great experience which we had was Desert Safari at White Desert, Mohamed arranged an overnight camp for my brother and I while my wife and parents were accommodated at a hotel in nearby Baharia Oasis. The entire camp setup was very nice and our Bedouin hosts were very gracious.
At Sharm el Sheikh, Mohamed also arranged scuba diving for us, as we were beginners he arranged an introductory session with a very professional company (Big Blue Dahab) we got a very nice instructor who tried to help my wife overcome her anxiety under water.
For all visits to monuments, we were guided by Mohamed (around Cairo) and Hossam (aswan, Kom Ombo, edfu and luxor) both are experts in the field of egyptology and explained the monuments in great detail.
Probably the only hiccups in our experience were a) they booked early morning flights for us which means we had to wake up between 4 and 5 in mornings to make it to the airport which became tiring especially for my old parents. b) We got very little time at Sharm due a change in cruise timings which we still regret.

Other than above we had a very nice experience with Mr Mohamed and his team and we would recommend them to our friends if/when they plan to visit Egypt.

6  Thank BlueBike2623

Reviewed November 26, 2013

In spite of all the political turmoil I decided to go ahead and make a trip to Cairo and Alexandria early in November. Read reviews from other travelers on tripadvisor and shortlisted three tour operators. Though I had got a quote cheaper than that of Jana tours, just chose them because I liked the way Mohamed Abaza responded quickly to my mail even on a holiday and made an itinerary that matched what I wished to see.
On reaching the airport a representative from the tour company escorted us to the hotel. I paid the complete tour fee on reaching the hotel. They had arranged for us the Nile Maxim dinner cruise and the next day.
Next day our guide Yasser, a jolly fellow joined us for our four day trip. He ensured there is not one dull moment throughout the four days with his non-stop talking. As the inbound tourists have reduced, he hints us to tip his poor countrymen or buy some trinkets them but his feelings are understandable. The only moment I felt a bit cheated was when the guide took us to a restaurant of his choice and did not interfere when the waiter charged us double the cost compared to a four star hotel.
The vehicle that they arranged was very comfortable and the driver was good too (only remind the driver to switch on the ac from time to time, as he must be trying to conserve some petrol). Overall the trip was good and I would recommend Jana tours as a tour operator for your trip to Egypt.

6  Thank deepa t
Reviewed November 18, 2013

There's nothing an ancient Egypt admirer needs to experience while in sightseeing and Jana Tours can't offer!! Punctuality, politeness and true experience on site :) I had a great time with friends, but i really consider my self very lucky for having Mohammad Abaza and his team (Hozny and Yaseer, thank you for everything :D ) by my side, when visiting Dahshur, Sakkara and Giza Pyramids. While I would have left Egypt, by only carrying pictures of ancient monuments in my head, Mohammad, an Egyptologist in science, gave a name and a meaning in every single ancient stone and inscription i saw!! Trust your visit and your enthusiasm for ancient Egypt in Jana Tours and you won't feel more privileged!! I hope we'll meet again and very soon :)

6  Thank Adamantia K
Reviewed November 11, 2013

It was more than a tour... a lot of laugh....a good company of friends and not just bored tour guides....an excellent ancient sites presentation by Mohamed Abaza, an experienced Egyptologist!!!! And his colleagues do their best, to satisfy your needs!

5  Thank Despina M
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I used Jana Tours in Dec 2012 and Mohammed was outstanding to deal with from start to end. He and Yasser catered to our needs like Family. I felt extremely welcomed and found Yasser to be extremely informative, full of energy, friendly and helpful. Although I didn't get an opportunity to meet Mohammed, I would be honoured to meet and use his tour services once again in the future.

Jazakallah Khair habib!