“Jana Day Tours is the best tour company in Egypt...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Jana Private Day Tours
Ranked #13 of 63 Outdoor Activities in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Egypt is the gift of the Nile... Nowhere are there so many marvelous things as in Egypt, nor in the whole world besides are to be seen so many things of unspeakable greatness," wrote the Greek scholar Herodotus in 425 BC.Egypt has stunned and delighted its visitors for millennia, and the Nile River is the gateway to its many gems and one-of-a-kind treasures.We have been the local sightseeing experts offering a wide range of daily tours covering all of Egypt's most well-known attractions. Our tours are escorted by professional guides and include travel by luxury air conditioned coach and include all entrance fees. We appreciate that your leisure time is important to you and have therefore designed our tours to ensure that you have the maximum amount of time at each venue to fully appreciate it and enjoy the experience.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities
Budapest, Hungary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Jana Day Tours is the best tour company in Egypt...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Jana Day Tours is the best tour company in Egypt... Its staff excellent, they are very polite and helpful! The tour guides have the best knowledge about ancient, Islamic and modern Egypt.... They know all famous and renowned places in Egypt. Mohamed Abaza is the superb organiser... :)
I suggest everybody to use Jana Days Tours for their trip to Egypt!

Visited April 2013
8 Thank Souzy2013

Pontoise, France
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Very good tour Guide”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

A good service provided by jana tour. We visit pyramid and citadel with us.
The guide (Yasser) was very nice and the explanation was complete.

Visited March 2013
8 Thank yoann95
London, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Amazing tour of Egypt, can't wait to go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

My wife and I travelled from Feb 3-11 and were quite worried just before our trip as the 2nd anniversary of the revolution had triggered some new protests (which from speaking with people in Egypt, I have sympathy with). However, we were a little anxious about security.

I must say that the guys from Jana Tours did a great job of reassuring us and making us feel safe. I don't really have any previous experience of guided tours as have usually gone out alone when seeing sights in Europe etc. You can't really do this in Egypt - you'd be taking your life in your hands if you hired a car, so you need a guide. So without much to compare by, I'd say that Jana are at least as good as any other similar company and possibly better value than some. They haven't paid me to write this review, so I'll be as objective as I can. I may sound more critical than some previous reviewers, not because I was unhappy or unimpressed, but I think this website needs detailed and balanced reviews.

Pros
Very professional service in general - extremely punctual pick-up from airport and hotels each day. Very friendly and knowledgeable guides with great spoken english. I have fairly good knowledge of pharonic times and these guys do know their stuff and I learned alot. They managed to deter alot of the touts selling camel rides, postcards etc. so we really didn't get bothered much in this way. When venturing up to the pyramids on my own one day without the guide, I realised how much hassle you get when not accompanied by someone. We ate some very nice lunches with our guides, especially in and around Luxor. Didn't get any upset tummies, although did stick to veggie food. I was impressed by the access we got to some of the tombs, especially in the Nobles valley where I had a private viewing of Senefer's beautiful tomb. I felt very privileged.

Cons
We did find ourselves being taken to several vendors of tourist gifts that the guides have a deal with. I wasn't very against this, as I did want to bring some souvenirs home but felt some pressure to go to these places. I saw an identical looking papyrus to one I'd bought in "an official government producer" in Cairo much cheaper at Luxor airport. If you really only want to see the ancient egyptian sites and artifacts you will need to do better than I did at insisting that you don't want to drive across the centre of Cairo to visit the Citadel mosque. I had said several times, before the trip and once there that I had no interest in this 19th century mosque but was taken there anyway. Finally, the definition of a 'full day tour' seemed confusing. Some days we were out on the road visiting sites from 9am till at least 5pm, but on others, notably one day in Luxor, our full day ended at lunchtime. I was told that it related not to the amount of hours but the specific sites/temples visited. It kind of left us at a loose end that afternoon, not great. In Luxor we were told to tip our driver each day we were taken out, which seemed kind of weird. I did make a point of tipping all guides etc. once we came to the end of our tours.

I realise that Egyptians are suffering right now, not only with the difficulties of a new democracy but also the complete lack of tourists. This was great for us as it felt like we were on a private tour with many sites, including even the pyramids almost deserted of other tourists. However, this is very bad news from companies like Jana who on the whole do a very good job. Please do go to Egypt, now is the perfect time to avoid the queues. And I'd recommend Mohammed and his team at Jana to show you the sites.

Visited February 2013
8 Thank CSB68
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Excellent tour guides!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013 via mobile

Really amazing service provided by Jana Tours, tailored package to suit what we wanted to do and see.

Communication before the trip was prompt, informative and friendly. We were met before the visa procedures at the airport and everything was handled for us, so nice when you arrive at 3am!

The van was comfortable and our tour guide Hesham was so knowledgeable, providing excellent tours of the museum, pyramids and all other sites we visited! We learned so much!

There were issues the weekend we were in Cairo, with protests on the streets. We felt safe with Mohammad and Hesham and they went out of their way to ensure everything went smoothly! We really appreciated it!

Highly recommended!

6 Thank Travelbug8a
Singapore, Singapore
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic Tour Guide”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We really had a great experience in Egypt. Thanks to our tour guide, Yasser. He was really very experienced, professional and informative. He took great care of us and saw to the needs of us and planned our itinerary well. We were at first skeptical about going to Egypt due to various reasons but our trip was fantastic. My kids liked him a lot. We had fun time there. If we were to go to Egypt again, we will definitely contact Yasser and ask him to be our guide. Thanks, Yaseer for making our trip memorable.

Visited December 2012