Cairo Moon Hotel
Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo(Cairo)
$125
$97
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 24% below average rates

The price you found is 24% lower than this hotel's average rate of $128/night.

Le Meridien Cairo Airport(Cairo)
Free cancellation until 06/01
Book now, pay at stay
$154
$135
Free cancellation until 06/02
$139
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $154/night.

$90
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $126/night.

Ramses Hilton(Cairo)
$81
  • Breakfast included
$177
$135
InterContinental
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $150/night.

Free cancellation until 06/01
$144
$91
Savings alert! 40% below average rates

The price you found is 40% lower than this hotel's average rate of $151/night.

Free cancellation until 06/02
$113
$99
Orbitz.com
Savings alert! 28% below average rates

The price you found is 28% lower than this hotel's average rate of $137/night.

$130
$98
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 34% below average rates

The price you found is 34% lower than this hotel's average rate of $148/night.

Free cancellation until 05/31
Book now, pay at stay
$230
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsegyptian museumegyptian stylethe hotel staffcentral locationnile rivertoursdrivertoilettaxibanksloungesoap
Reviewed December 12, 2011

I hesitate to criticize Cairo Moon because Mohammed and his staff are trying so hard to make a go of it. But we encountered a number of problems, most serious of which was the lack of water (not just hot water but any water). We would come back or wake up to find it off. We usually had to wait only 15 minutes or so for it to come back on. To be fair, it's not their fault but due to building repairs/renovation. But you might check first to see if it has been solved. (When the water was on, the lack of a bath mat meant a perpetually flooded floor). Also we had to ask to have our room made up when we would return in late afternoon. But they did respond quickly when we asked.
The one thing I really didn't like was the driver (Raouf) supplied by the hotel for our pyramid excursion. We really wanted to get to Giza at its 8:00 opening but arrived 1 hr late because Raouf tried to take us to Dashur first, then lied about the Giza opening hours (as he later lied about the closing hours for Dashur). So we were short on time all day. He wanted us to see Saqqara in 45 minutes and we felt rushed taking 1 1/2 hrs. This may be a common problem -- drivers setting their own itinerary to get back asap. Incidentally, we paid 230 EL for the taxi.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Caminoista
Reviewed November 13, 2011

I stayed here for two weeks at the end of October2011. The staff are wonderful--very friendly and helpful. They also make great coffee (I am an addict!) and serve a nice breakfast to start your day. The price is very good. I wanted to visit museums and the medieval parts of the city and the location downtown is great--easy walking for many things and close to the metro or easy to find a taxi for more distant places. My room was spacious and had a nice balcony. It is on an upper floor of an older bullding, safe, clean, good toilet/shower in the room, wi-fi. You should bring your own towel and soap. It was my first visit to Cairo and I loved the city but didn't have time to do all that I wanted. I plan to go back and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2011

I have been there 10 days ago..........was a great experience.....I enjoyed the stay there...it was for only one night but I been there for more than once........freindly stuff,helpful,honest and most important RESPECTFULL.......thank you Mohammed...........it will be repeated for sure

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2011

I travel often to Cairo on business and found this new hotel Cairo Moon Hotel on my last trip. Everything is new and clean with spacious rooms and balcony. Right in the middle of Down town. The staff was fabulous, so very helpful. Mohamed, the Manager also organises tours and was very efficient, helpful and friendly. Definitely a People's Man with a great sense of Service. A relaxing place to retun to after a day of business in the city. I recommend this hotel for the reasonable and competitve rates for a star hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2011

In mid-October 2011 my nephew (11 yo) and myself stayed at this hotel for 4 days. I think hotels are in general a bit more expensive in Cairo, so I guess it was good value. It's on the 8th floor and there are two very old looking but perfectly functional lifts to get you there. Certainly the room was excellent - air con, spacious, TV; the en suite had plenty of hot water at good pressure and a lovely toilet! One hardly noticed any traffic noise, and yet only a 10 minute or so walk to the Museum of Antiquities and quite a few budget eateries around the area. The cooked breakfast was excellent and varied a bit each day. Free internet access and the staff very helpful. We used them for a car/driver and a guide. All I will say is that you need to ensure your guide understands exactly what you want to get out of the tour, what you are interested and NOT interested in. I think I needed to be a bit more exact in what time I wanted to get started, as the day trip to Giza, Dashur and Sakkara didn't cover (thanks to a Cairo traffic accident), but could have covered, everything if we had started out a lot earlier and made for either Dashur or Sakkara first. As most places don't open until 8am, may as well spend the first part of the morning travelling there.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family