“Very good for the price”
Review of Travelers House

Travelers House
Ranked #28 of 64 Cairo B&B and Inns
Reviewed December 21, 2012

This place is hidden within the bustling streets of Downtown Cairo, and although noisy and dirty, THH was clean and a great find.
We had a car pick us up which was arranged by the hotel and was very cheap. The breakfast was simple but just what we needed before a big day at the Pyramids.
Staff were helpful.
Internet was easily accessible.
Our viator tour also picked us up from here too.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Camilla M

Reviewed December 9, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and we were very happy with the standard and cleanliness of the hotel. Adel was lovely and made us feel very welcome. I would certainly recommend this place for budget travelers who want to stay in downtown Cairo. My only complaint was that is was very noisy at night with traffic and honking horns. I'm not sure if this is the norm or not, but it was ridiculously loud the first night, and marginally better the second.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Wynne77
Reviewed November 28, 2012

TRAVELERS HOUSE HOTEL
is very nice hotel and very nice staff they are very helpful and the tips they have gave to me was very honest ,i stayed in room number 403 its lovely room with balcony if you are single :) , i will come back soon and stay there again :)

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jamsp_12
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Me and my love stayed here for a few nights early this summer, before embarking on a trip across Egypt and we'd happily stay here again.

Not only is this hotel well-located (near metro, lots of shops, restaurants, and attractions) it is safe, clean, offers a good value, and best of all, maintained by some truly wonderful & kind people.

Among them, Adel is in 1-word, amazing! He was tremendously helpful in arranging a grande trip for us, full of good advice, great accommodations, and knowledgable guides. We had such a memorable trip, in large part to Adel's help.

There is a reason this place wins awards every year people... it's great!

If you desire quality, non-corporate lodging, with real people who have real values; stay here... you won't be sorry!

Room Tip: Get one with AC :)
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank j m
Reviewed September 3, 2012

A great hotel in the downtown area! Really close to the Egyptian museum and the Metro station (Nasser). The hotel was clean and the staff were incredibly helpful and friendly. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 8James
Reviewed August 4, 2012

This hostel was really our home as Adel told me and this was true. We stayed there 3 times and always felt wonderful.
Its location is great, breakfast were tasty and room spacious with AC.
The best of this hostel is its stuff Adel which was very friendly, always ready to help, giving us names of locations in Arabic, maps.
I'm sure if I'll be in Cairo I'll stay in this hostel cause this is my home there. Thanks Adel for everything, great time.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Marcineliasz
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel was a welcome relief for my group of 4. It's situated right smack in the middle of Cairo and walking distance to Tahrir Square. Food and shopping is not a problem here.

But the best part of Travellers House was Adel and his brother who helped us a lot. Service was fantastic which was a surprise if you think about the rates here.

Overall, I would recommend this place to anyone wanting a cheap and awesomely comfortable place to crash in Cairo.

PS: The hotel is on the 3rd floor I think, and going up in the elevator is scary, but everything else was just awesome.

Room Tip: There is one room with attached bathroom, would be good for those who want privacy.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends