“Friendly & Helpful staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Classic Plaza Hostel

Classic Plaza Hostel
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cairo
Classic Plaza Hostel
You added Classic Plaza Hostel to your Saves list
Ranked #20 of 48 Cairo B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Friendly & Helpful staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2012

I had some poor experiences with a couple of hostels in Cairo and was recommended this was by a friend who is also a tourist guide. It's right on 26th July St, which is an extremely busy thoroughfare close to the centre. It's also on top of the Egyptian fast food chain "Gad" so I thought it would be horribly noisy and smelly.

Although its location is not promising, the staff are more than friendly and even allowed me to keep my bags at the hostel for a whole day while I went to sight see before catching the midnight bus to the next city.

I was put in the room just off the reception, which is not great because in the morning it's a little noisy. But the room itself was warm and the sheets clean which is all I wanted at that point. At night I could hear a couple of cats that sounded like they were literally being strangled, but I think it's probably impossible to avoid some sort of noise in the melee that is Cairo, and it was bearable.

The actual toilet itself was clean, but there were no paper towels. The water in the bath/shower was hot, but the tub itself looked very old and rusty. The shower head fitting was loose so the back wall got cleaner than I did while it was on the hook. Better to use it hand held.

They said there was internet and a computer - which there was, but it (the computer) wasn't working when I was there (not sure about the wireless as I didn't have a laptop with me). They tried very hard to fix it though. Very very nice staff and even though I was probably a little difficult they completely charmed me with their hospitality.

Room Tip: Avoid the room just off the reception if you want a quiet morning. They asked for 120LE, but I pa...