“Alexandria to Abu Simble Tour in Feb. 2013”
Review of Royal Egypt Tours

Royal Egypt Tours
Ranked #81 of 299 Tours in Cairo
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Had wanted to visit Egypt for many years now and finally my family of 4 co-ordinated our schedule for a Feb. 2013 visit to Egypt. I am 60+ yrs old, my 2 childern are 25 and 23 and we will leave my wife's age out of this discussion.
During our tour of Egypt, the revolution did not disrupt anything and I did consider that all sides in the revolution are interested in keeping the tourist trade going and so they would not disrupt any tourist related activity. As a side note, my next flight to Spain had 2 flight cancellations and caused more disruptions than anything that happened in Egypt.
Royal Egypt Tours uses a great team of dedicated people to set up a fantastic tour at a very reasonable price.
We visited Cairo and then took a 5 day cruise from Luxor (Cairo to Luxor by overnight train) to Aswan (Southern end of Egypt) in a 5 star cruise ship. We visited Abu Simble and returned to Cairo by an overnight train. Then, we went to Alexandria at the northern tip of Egypt on a day trip from Cairo. So, we travelled pretty much from the North end to the South end of Egypt.
Everyting was superbly organized. In addition, the tour guides were very, very well informed and proud of their Egyptian heritage. So, they never skimped on explainations and went to great lengths to explain and re-explain the relationship between the various gods etc. etc..
We were met at the airport by Royal Tours (they are allowed to come into the airport and meet you even before you clear immigration!) and we were dropped off at the airport.
The hotel was excellent and all aspects of the tour was excellent.
Mr. Wahid Ramsis Bassily is a super trust worty guy and I highly recommend this agency without reservation.

1  Thank vijay-dallas
"karnak temple"
"his knowledge"
"cairo museum"

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A Once In A Lifetime Trip All Facilitated By Wahid Ramsis Bassily And His Team From Royal Egypt Tours After An Internet Enquiry - Resulting In Us Enjoying An Amazing 12 Days In Egypt For The Same Cost As For 6 Days If We Had To Do It Through A Local Agent - I Found The Whole Engagement Directly With The Wahid And Naglaa Very Professional Efficient And Satisfying.

Let Me Start By Saying Egypt Is Safe For Tourist? And A Must Visit Country!!!!!!!!!!!!! - It Is So Dependant On Tourism And Needs The World Travellers' Support Right Now - And It Is Good Value For Money Too!

Egypt Is Certainly Not A Country To Tackle As A First Time Visitor On Your Own If You Want To Tour And See The Country - I Do Not Know How We Would Have Been Able To Pack So Much Into 12 Days If It Was Not For Waheed Of Royal Egypt Tours And His Partners - At Every Stage Of Our Visit We Were Met By A Team Member With A Friendly Smile And We Felt Safe And Taken Care Of At Every Change In Our Travelling Plan,

Let Me Start With The Flight - Egypt Air Can Me Commended On Its Code Share Flight As A Star Alliance Partner - We Were Well Taken Care Of On All Four Flights (We Also Visited Israel) From And To South Africa And Really Have Nothing To Complain About! Friendly Staff Always Makes Such A Difference When Traveling!

Being Met By Our Friendly Tour Operator And Being Escorted Through All The Formalities At The Airport Gave Such Comfort - Not To Mention The Upgrades Wahid And Naglaa Managed To Do For Us - Our Tour Guide In Cairo And To Alexandria, Mohamed Was Extremely Knowledgeable And Friendly And We Will Remember Him And Our Very Efficient Driver Musthafah For Years To Come. It Is Really A Special Skill To Drive In Cairo - A City With 24 Million People - And Sitting Back In A Aircon Van Without The Stress Of Driving And Feeling Safe Was Amazing. We Packed In All The Must Sees From The Pyramids To The Temples, Shopping For Cotton, Perfumes, Carpets, Jewellery And The Market, As Well As A Visit To The Rubbish Recycle Area Of The Coptic Orthodox Christians And The Church In The Mountain In Cairo . It All Left Us Breathless

The Over-Night Sleeping Train To A Aswan Was An Experience That I Would Not Have Missed But Certainly Next Time A Flight Will Be Taken As The Train And Line Is Old And Quite Shaky - At Least The Very Friendly Staff On The Train Made Up For That!

Our Cruise On The Sonesta Moon Goddess Was Perfect And Once Again The Friendly Clean Atmosphere Of The Cruise As Well As The Spacious Cabin With A Balcony Made Us Feel Like A Queen And King - While We Drank In The Sights Of The Nile- Not To Mention The Fun With The Other Guests With All The Catered Entertainment And Site Visits - Thanks Captain You And Your Team Comes Highly Recommended - It Must Be The Best Cruise On The Nile!

Our Road Trip To Hurghada Was "Fast" And Left Us Holding Our Breaths, But We Were Told That Is How You Have To Do It Through The Desert - My Personal Opinion At That Speed Is That Road Safety Was Not Considered And Something That The Tourist Industry Ought To Take More Serious - You Only Once Need To Loose A Loved One In A Car Accident To Have Greater Respect For Road Safety - Speed Kills - And Tourist Ought To Feel Safe At All Times.

Our Upgrade To The Grand Plaza Hotel At Hurghada And Another Room Upgrade There Was A God Sent After A Tiring Two Weeks Of Sight Seeing In Both Israel And Egypt And The Perfect Place To Rest And End Our Holiday,

Contrary To Other Reviews We Found The Staff Very Friendly And Accommodating, The Food Very Good, The Fact That Our Beer Shandy Were Included As Well As Our Coffee And Teas In The Room Plus A Bottle Of Complimentary Water Daily, Was An Added Bonus - The Location Is Amazing With Our Upgraded Room Only A Stone Throw Away From The Pool And Beach - Thanks To The Friendly Receptionist Who Heeded To Our Plea. Even Here Our Mindful Tour Operator Whahid Ensured That We Were Met By A Friendly Team Member, Taken On Our Snorkeling Trip And Escorted To The Airport, Only To Be Met In Cairo And Then Ably Assisted Again By Wahid And Naglaa Themselves - They Even Stored And Returned Two Of Our Additional Bags Of Luggage Safely - Snorkelling In The Red Sea Is An Absolute Must.

What Can One Say Except A Huge Thank You To All Who Were Such Worthy Ambassadors For Your Amazing Country Egypt - We Look At It With New Eyes Of Understanding And Amazement And Wish That Many More South Africans As Well As Other Global Travellers Will Add Israel And Egypt To Their Bucket Lists

We Sincerely Trust That The Tourism Industry Will Pick Up And Be Restored To Its Former Numbers As It Is Such A Great Economic Driver - And Egypt Has All The World Needs To See And Enjoy!
Brenda And Hendrik Ferreira

Reviewed April 30, 2012

I have just returned from a trip to Cairo, White Desert and a Nile Cruise. This, I have to admit, was not the first country on my list, but so very glad I changed my mind. Royal Egypt Tours was really superb with its attention to detail, advice, expertise and generally a professionalism which is rarely seen. Wahid was a joy to liaise with and he is obviously an expert within the industry. I am sure he would be equally superb with corporate and business travel as he is just so knowledgable.

I would like to say that the White Desert was just memorable. I cannot think of anywhere else in the world (and I have travelled extensively) that I fell in love with immediately. What a perfect place for teambuilding, very special occasions amongst friends and family (or indeed do it on your own and star watch). Wahid organized this with Egypt Western Desert Tours .......what can I say. Go and see it for yourself as this should be a must whilst in Egypt.

2  Thank Jane W
Reviewed April 21, 2012

Wahid from Royal Egypt Tours organised a true trip of a lifetime for my friend and I! This country has so much to offer any kind of traveller! There is Culture and Beauty to appreciate, in fact any kind of holiday in Egypt would enthral you and compel you to return! Wahid will make sure that all the ground arrangements are perfect so you only have to embrace the country and its people!
We were treated like Queens by all the drivers, guides and all of the staff on the Nile Cruise, everyone we met could not have been more professional and a joy to meet! Please make sure you manage to visit the White Desert! It is incredible...the limestone formations look like snow or sea....depending on the light!!!! Don't hesitate to visit this amazing country as you will love it! If anyone wants to know anything more specific then please contact me. Alternatively, don’t delay and contact Wahid at Royal Egypt Tours and he will tailor make the perfect trip for you!
Have a wonderful visit to this wonderful, memorable and enchanting country of Egypt!
Enjoy!