“Fantastic vacation in Egypt”
Review of Egypt Sunset Tours

Egypt Sunset Tours
Ranked #48 of 299 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Egypt sunset tours is a professional website in customizing tours and sightseeing. with us you could tour Egypt in Leisure, enjoy the sun and learn about the history of ancient and modern Egypt. Tailor-made your trip as you wish and choose from our customized tours too. with Egypt sunset tours you would visit all the famous places Like Giza Pyramids, Egyptian Museum, Luxor and Karnak temple, Tut Ankh Amen tomb, you would cruise the Nile, enjoy day tours and enjoy the Egyptian Culture too.
Reviewed April 1, 2012

I visited Cairo with my niece in January 2012 as part of a 3 week vacation in Egypt. I had booked three days tours of Cairo with Rasha through Egypt Sunset Tours website a couple of months before our trip. Rasha also arranged a one day tour of Alexandria and her business partner in Aswan (Mohamed) booked us a 4 day Nile cruise (from Aswan to Luxor) with private tours. They also booked our local flights in Egypt and bought our air tickets when I told them that I wasn’t able to buy the tickets online. I was a little nervous about sending them money before my travel, but when I met them I was glad I did. Our vacation turned out to be perfect largely because of their help.
Rasha was an outstanding tour guide; very pleasant, knowledgeable and flexible. We truly had great time with her. We felt like we were going out with a friend not a tour guide. She was very attentive to our needs and went out of her way to make sure we enjoyed every minute of our trip. The stories she told us about the sites were very interesting (or at least she made them sound interesting). We always had enough time to see everything we wanted to see and to take as many pictures as we wanted; we never felt rushed. All the tours were amazing, and all the tour guides we met from Sunset Tours (Eman who did our tour of Alexandria and the three guides who did our tours of Abu Simbel, Aswan and Luxor) were great. They all spoke good English and were very professional, knowledgeable and helpful. On our first day in Aswan, we forgot our camera at the hotel and only remembered when we arrived at Abu Simbel. Our tour guide called his office and they sent someone to the hotel to pick it up and then brought it to our cruise in the afternoon (we had checked out from that hotel in the morning). Mohamed (in Aswan) even helped us later when we were on our own in Sharm el Sheikh and we wanted to extend our stay there. He changed the flight reservation for us.

All reviews
in 78 reviews
"highlights"
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 13, 2012

I called Rasha a day before I wanted to do a tour because my other tour operator fell through. I am glad I did. Rasha was great and I highly recommend her to anyone visiting Cairo. She speaks great English. Her prices are reasonable. I paid $70USD for a half day pyramids tour which included entrance fees and $125USD for a full day Cairo tour that included the museum, old Cairo, Khan E Kalili bazaar, and the citadel (all entrance fees included). These prices were just for me as I had the car and tour guide to myself. If I am ever back in Egypt I will look up Rasha again. Their website is www.egyptsunset.com

Reviewed February 21, 2012

After reading all of the wonderful reviews of Rasha on TripAdvisor, I decided to contact her in January to make plans for my family's trip to Cairo last week (February 11-17, 2012). I explained that while my husband and I had been to Egypt before, that our children had not and that it was important to us to give them an overall view of the country's history, culture and politics in chronological order. By the time I woke up the next day, Rasha had already written back with a complete itinerary with (very reasonable) prices and added information and suggestions that helped nail down our complete itinerary. It came together very quickly and easily and made us very excited for our trip.

My husband and I are veteran travelers who have used guides all over Europe, South America and also on a prior trip to Egypt. Though we have always had a high degree of expectations about our guides, now that we are traveling with young children (9 year old twins!), it is also important to have guides who can relate to them as well. Rasha is just such a person. She is extremely knowledgable and very passionate about her country's history (both past and recent!) as well as its culture, religion and food. Throughout our days with Rasha, she spoke with such enthusiasm and knowledge that we all were enthralled and by the end of the trip, my kids were ready to move to Egypt! Our days were well-planned, stress free and full of learning. We have so many special memories of our time in Egypt with Rasha: sitting on the floor of the Mohammed Ali Mosque and learning about Islam from her, taking us to eat Khoshari for the first time from a great little carryout near Tahrir Square, driving a hard bargain for tunics for my daughter (among other things) with a giant of a man in the Khan al Khalili Bazaar, taking us for tea in the Khan and showing us just how to pour it, add sugar and mint and relax against the pillows to drink it, her incredibly detailed explanations of the exhibits at the Cairo Museum especially the items I would have walked past but that she pulled us over to see because there was some small amazing detail about them or some incredible workmanship that was extraordinary (this experience is in sharp, sharp contrast to my first visit to the museum years ago, I learned so much more from Rasha). I could go on and on but I hope you get my point about Rasha -- she is enthusiastic, very knowledgable, can relate to both adults and children and a real pleasure to be with. We all feel like we have a new friend in Egypt in Rasha.

I would be remiss if I also didn't mention her driver, Aboud. The trip would not have been the same without him. He is an incredible, gentle, kind and generous soul who made us feel like family while we were in Egypt. As other reviewers have said, his driving skills are beyond compare. He remained calm in the craziest of Cairo traffic (which my kids just found thrilling and wonderful!) and on the few times when he was taking us alone back and forth to the airport for our day trip to Luxor and our trip back home to the States, he went out of his way to show us landmarks that we had not previously seen or to scenic overlooks we would never have known about. And once he realized that my kids were game to try any Egyptian food that they could, he would pull over and jump out to get us some treat that he wanted my kids to try. Aboud is a special man, a father to young girls, with a wonderful manner who made the trip to Egypt so much more special for my kids.

All in all, I highly recommend Rasha and Aboud. We felt completely safe in their hands and all of our wishes for the trip were realized. Feel confident in booking with them, they are great!

3  Thank Davinci B
Reviewed January 25, 2012

I went to Egypt with my parents, sister and her fiancé. We went in October 2011, during a time of "unrest and protests". Even with all these supposed terrible times we never once felt unsafe or had any hostile actions toward us. The media portrays one set of events whereas the reality is nowhere near the negative portrayal.

On to the real review....Rasha and Aboud are a one of a kind duo. Rasha has an unbelievable knowledge and passion for Egyptian culture and history. She kept us entertained throughout multiple days and always catered to any requests we had. Aboud drove through Egyptian traffic...for those of you not aware of what this means, it is a feat to drive more than a mile each day without getting into multiple fender-benders. Aboud has a warm and amiable personality....each night after the tours were over he would take us on side trips to places we would not have otherwise had time to see....even though he has a beautiful family back home, it was his kindness that allowed us these extra sightseeing opportunities.

Rasha offers multiple tours at various locations....contact her for more information, I absolutely assure you that you won't be sorry

WHEN I return to Egypt, I will be calling Rasha.....you should too

2  Thank tjur14
See more reviews
Reviewed December 1, 2011

When I was in Egypt with my family I looked for a tour guide who is reliable, plans well and makes things easy: and Rahsa was exactly such a person. Starting from the time in Cairo airport where she arranged for us to be picked up to the tours of Alexandria and Giza that we took with her: it was very good! Rasha is courteous, is willing to work around the tourist's schedule instead of imposing her own. We wanted it so that we would go on a tour for one day and take a day off the next, and it was arranged. We visited Alexandria and Giza with her and she was knowledgeable, was very courteous and kept the schedule to include lunches and little breaks that made it easier for our son to keep up! She made the tours memorable with the little touches: like free cold water at the back of the van and keeping the Air conditioner on in the van when we were coming back from the attractions; and believe you me when I say that these really were very appreciated in the heat of Egypt!

You need this kind of a tour in a foreign country instead of the frantic schedules and taking tours with no breaks, which was the case in Luxor with another tour guide: and then we really began to appreciate the well thought out planning fo Rasha's tours! After the other guide's tours in Luxor with no breaks, my wife fell ill and we had to take 2 days off just to have her recover.

We even had her drivers pick us up from the Cairo railway station and drop us to the airport. Her driver Aboud was very courteous and helpful. Her other driver Hussain went out of his way to help: when our train was delayed from Cairo by 2 hours, he stayed with us for the whole time on the platform until we actually got on the train and made sure we were in the right compartment! Excellent People that Rasha has, and her service is terrific. Going to Egypt we needed a seemless and Western-type reliable experience: this is it! We were absolutely happy with her services and we will unhesitatingly reccommend her.