See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed December 20, 2016

I enjoyed my stay at Blue bird, especially because of the people who work there. The room, the location was good. This is the place for backpackers so don't expect any luxuries here , its cheap and good! , and it's perfect for female solo-travellers. Its very safe! I definitely will choose this place for my next visit to Cairo! Thank you

Date of stay: December 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
4  Thank gde_viki
ابراهيم غ, Owner at Blue Bird Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2016

We're happy to welcome you and all guest welcome to blue bird hotel Cairo we hope come blue bird hotel Cairo again

Reviewed December 7, 2016 via mobile

My friends and I had travelled to Cairo for the first time. We had a prior booking in another place , however as we were not too happy with the locality . Post online searches we headed out and stumbled upon Blue Bird. It was God sent, the moment we stepped in, we knew we wanted to be there. It was just for a night. We met Ibrahim who was really helpful, the same night he arranged for us to visit our the Cairo Tower and also booked for us a dinner at the Cruise on the Nile. The next day Adam took us around , towards the Great Pyramids, shopping. What else did we need. The place was clean and safe. Our trip was memorable, thanks to Blue Bird. Awesome job guys!!!

Date of stay: December 2016
3  Thank Liza R

Reviewed August 15, 2016 via mobile

Stayed there for four days. Place is clean, in city center (near to bus station, egyptian museum, nile), and they were friendly. They also arrange some tours for reasonable price. Building is in main street so its safe area.

Date of stay: August 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank İsmail Ender T

Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

In my many reviews and numerous stays, I have to say this is the worst stay I have ever had. Not only the hosts are arrogant but also they deceive visitors with the pictures. When I saw the pictures, I though 'wow. What a value' but turned out that the room is obsolete and dark. The shower room with the toilet is not a separate space. It is a cubicle. The shower water volume is not better than urination. At first they even forgot providing tower. The toilet is just next to the shower so it becomes all wet after shower. The linen is the worst quality.

By saying so, I have introduced my friends renting 3 rooms with them but the host did not appreciate at all. She arrogantly was mad about my many questions about the white desert tour. Good I didn't listen to them because they didn't offer such a tour at all but they cheated me with an offer!

Avoid this hostel or you will regret in your life!

Date of stay: February 2016
Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank xuxiake
Reviewed June 12, 2016 via mobile

Great place to stay very close to the museum. The owner and brother who run the hotel are very kind and helpful. Along with that they invited us to Ramadan breakfast more than once which was very nice. Keep in mind that sometimes breakfast may not be served if you are in a hurry things can run slowly it appears. Nice place to stay though for a couple at a good rate

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Richard G
ابراهيم غ, Owner at Blue Bird Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2017

Thank you so much for your great review. Hope to see you again
Ibrahim