“Kempinski style hospitality”

Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
Ranked #5 of 137 Hotels in Cairo
“Kempinski style hospitality”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

This hotel did not disappoint me. First to start with, the staff was very hospitable, professional and dedicated. Cairo is famous for air pollution, therefore the view of Nile was not at its best but you will have great angle of the view depends on the location of the room. Prime location near Four Seasons and foreign embassies. The building is little claustrophobic. The Jazz bar is a good place to relax at the end of the day. Most of all, the staff was excellent which I could call it Kempinski hospitality. Surprisingly affordable rates for its overall quality. Front desk upgraded my room instantly and I enjoyed their suite so much. Conclusion, recommend, give it a try! Executive package includes 30 minute massage at the spa.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank davidohm
Kempinski N, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

On behalf of Kempinski Nile team, I would like to thank you for complimenting our staff; we have shared your feedback with rest of the staff as nothing motivates us more than knowing about our valuable guests satisfaction.

We are so honored we got the chance to welcoming you at our hotel and we hope to see you again in the very near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed March 3, 2013

So often I book a hotel for its lovely reviews and facilities, only to find it comes up short and leaves me wondering if I've missed the boat. This time I had no such disappointments.

This hotel is absolutely beautiful and for the entire stay, I felt like a queen!! The room was appointed beautifully and the bed was so comfortable. We were shown the room amenities by our butler (yes, our butler - now that is service!) and from start to finish, he was a delight - bringing us a welcome drink, sorting out travel adapters, arranging transfers and all tasks catered to almost instantly. Breakfast was great and we chose to take it in our room - it was delivered on time with great ceremony every morning and I have to say I miss that a lot now that I'm home.

We availed of a promotion with the spa for a 50% discount on a 90 minute massage which they organised for us to have in the couples suite. It was pure bliss - we did this on our first morning and that has to be how every holiday should start. From there, we spent some time in the relaxation room and then checking out the rooftop pool.

We ate twice in the hotel restaurant Osmanly which had Turkish food - it was beautiful and definitely have meal there if you can.

We bookended the holiday with another 90 minute massage in the couples suite. I felt so sad leaving it.

There were some nice little extras included as well - a comprehensive in room movie on demand service, high speed wi-fi, soft drinks and bottled water and beautiful robes and slippers.

All in all, I will return here when I visit Cairo again in future and recommend it to anyone. If you choose to stay here, do make sure to visit the excellent spa.

Room Tip: I liked the Nile view and if you're not a light sleeper, go for it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear our Queen Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your extensive experience with the travel community.

We are thrilled to know that you could have time to enjoy our outlets and could benefit from our special Spa promotion.
Our main aim is to provide our guests with an unforgettable and pleasant stay; we try to ensure that with our Butler service and all our complimentary amenities aiming to make our guests feel that they are home.

We are so glad we have succeeded to exceed your expectations. It was a pleasure to provide you with a smooth and pleasant stay and we wish to welcome you again at Kempinski Nile Hotel.
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

This was my third stay in this lovely hotel, and for sure I will come back as as possible. This time I also booked Madina Junior Suite, which was perfectly clean and well appointed. Turndown services was perfect and Room Service staff so polite and nice. Staff is very friendly from the pick up services at the airport, the driver was very friendly and cooperative, reception, security, concierge, pool staff, through the reservation centre. At that moment were clashes on nearby Tahrir square , but it was not affected our security or feeling of safety at all. Before arrival, friends suggested me to cancel my stay in Kempinski because of demonstrations, and vicinity of Tahrir square and embassies, but I did not want, and I made a good right decision. During my three stays I have visited lots of other Cairo 5 star hotels, from both Four Seasons, Sofitel, Cairo Mariott, but only at Kempinski I had a feeling that everything is perfect. So, if you see on TV that is some problems near Kempinski, please, do not change your decision, I was three times there and the each time were clashes and demonstrations, lots of teargas on Tahrir, but the stay in KEmpinski each time was perfect, safe thanks to amazing staff from Noha in reservation dep, Amr at pool, Nader at door, great security, concierge and all other staff, really.

Room Tip: book a suite if you can
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recommending Kempinski Nile Hotel to the travel community.
We would like to thank you for complementing our staff, who will always go the extra mile to exceed our guests expectations.

We are glad to know that you didn't cancel your reservation and gave us the opportunity to welcome you again at our hotel.

We hope to get the chance to welcoming you again in the very near future.
Ashton
Reviewed February 26, 2013

We arrived here on the evening of 1st February when there had been trouble in Cairo, but there was good security when we arrived and we felt safe in the hotel.

We arranged to have the 'meet and greet' service at the airport through the hotel. This was great as we were met even before we collected our bags and our visas were sorted out for us and we went straight out to our transport.

I forgot to pack our toothbrushes and the reception staff arranged to have 2 toothbrushes delivered to our room by the pharmacy, which was done very quickly. The toiletries in the room were nice and good quality.

We stayed in a suite but had requested one that did not have a Nile view as we had read the reviews about the noise from the busy road between the hotel and the river. This was definitely a good move. The traffic in Cairo is totally bonkers and the beeping of horns seems to be a reaction to every possible situation - it is interesting to watch though and we did find it entertaining looking out from the 10th floor balcony.

We could see the Nile from our balcony if we leaned out and looked to the right. The view was not great if you looked ahead! The rooms were spacious with 2 flat screen TVs, bedroom, lounge area, a bathroom and a shower room (the shower door didn't stop the water from going over the floor so we had to put a towel down to avoid being flooded!). Free water was provided in the minibar. The bed was comfy although somewhat soft.

As there don't seem to be many tourists in Cairo, we seemed to have the hotel almost to ourselves. We only saw one or two other people the whole time we were there. It's great if you want attentive service, but not if you want a bustling atmosphere. My partner doesn't normally eat breakfast but felt obliged to order a fresh waffle as he felt bad not eating much when there was so much food on offer (it was very tasty so not too much of a chore to eat it!)

We ate lunch in the restaurant on floor 10 (nice views of the Nile), and had dinner in the Jazz Bar and in the Osmanli restaurant. The food was nice in all of them, although the Osmanli restaurant had smoking and non-smoking areas, so that could be a problem if there were any other people around. We found that the price of meals was quite reasonable. Wine from outside Egypt was extremely expensive and choice was not great, but we found that in the other places we stayed too.

The really disappointing thing, especially as we were unable to go to the Egyptian Museum on our first day due to the trouble in Tahrir Square and had to hang around the hotel, was that the pool was closed for the duration of our stay for refurbishment. The photo of the pool was one of the things that drew us to this hotel, with its view over the Nile, but we weren't even able to go up on the terrace to see the view from the top as it was 'too dangerous'. We weren't informed before we got there that this work was planned and it was only when we went and asked to look round the spa and pool areas that we were told. We did spot a notice in one of the folders in the room which said that they had made arrangements with a nearby hotel 'within walking distance' to use their pool facilities, but we were not told this by the member of staff who told us that it was closed. It was only when we were leaving the hotel and expressed our disappointment that we were told about the arrangement by staff. If we'd known this we would have arranged to stay in the other hotel instead which is maybe why they didn't tell us until we were already there. When enquiring about safety we were told that we were safe within the hotel because they had their own security, so then to be told to walk over to another hotel to have a swim doesn't seem all that appealing. If you book a hotel with a pool, you expect to be able to just go for a swim whenever you want. If it's going to be closed, they should tell you before you arrive.

The staff were helpful regarding advice about when it was safe to go to the Egyptian Museum and we did manage to take a guided trip (although we arranged this ourselves, not via the hotel) to see the highlights of the Museum. We were informed on the morning of our visit that Tahrir Square had no signs of trouble, that the traffic was moving freely and that it was safe to visit, which put our minds at rest.

Overall, it's a nice hotel to stay in and staff are helpful; the pool being closed was our only problem.

Room Tip: If you want to avoid noise, don't go for a Nile view room...we read the reviews and made our cho...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kempinski N, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback about your stay on TripAdvisor.

We are so delighted to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you have liked our free amenities such as free bottled water, Soft Minibar and Butler service that we make sure to provide to our valuable guests to make them feel like home.
We are so disappointed that you were not informed about the pool closure for maintenance and the possibility to use our neighbored hotel swimming pool, please accept our sincere apologies and rest assure that for your next visit everything will be faultless.

We hope we get the chance to welcoming you again and your partner and accommodate you with a faultless and an unforgettable stay.
Best Regards.
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed February 25, 2013

To the International Community. This hotel is one of the top hotels in terms of location, Quality of Service, entertainment, Hygiene, Quality of food, Room Service, Staff are very qualified and friendly , they know the aspect of tourism and how to make the customer's holidays a memory to remember. We recommend this hotel, I live just near them. If you are planing to visit Cairo, Ask your hotel to be Kempenski Nile, because you will never regret. This is our vision as per we are in the travel industry from 25 years ago and we only select the best product. a Real 5 stars matching the international norms, the only disadvantage is the surface of the hotel with a reception no much space, We deeply recommend for your comfort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for recommending our hotel to the travel community.

We are pleased to know that we have exceeded your expectations and that we became your favorite hotel in Cairo.
Please allow me to invite you to join our Facebook page in order to stay always connected with us.

We hope we see you again soon in the very near future.

Our best regards.
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My first impression of the hotel- was the metal detector. Frightening! However once inside I was overwhelmed by the wonderful welcome. The staff are attentive and friendly, the hotel is beautiful and the breakfast buffet is delicious.

Thank you for making a business trip in Cairo such a pleasure!

• Stayed February 2013
Kempinski N, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Guest,

We are so delighted to acknowledge that we have succeeded to reflect our own feeling that every guest is a celebrity!
The purpose of the metal detector is to ensure a very high standard of safety to our valuable guests.

We would like to thank you so much for recommending our hotel and staff and we hope to see you again soon.
Suffolk, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I rarely stay in five star hotels but, if they were all like this and at these prices, I might be tempted to do so more often. Great room, super bed, excellent breakfast with superb views and not a bad view even from my side bedroom - complete with bacony and chairs to sit out in the February sun. The staff were really helpful - I arrived at breakfast having cut myself shaving without knowing it and was supplied with several plasters and much concern. Only two tiny gripes - the cofffee at breakfast is OK but could be better; and check out was a bit slow becasue of some confusion over one item I had had from the min bar. But, overall, really good.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank westminster2
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad you could benefit from our special promotion; you can always check our tempting promotions by checking out the link on top of our profile page on TripAdvisor or stay connected with us by joining our Facebook page.

We have shared your concerns about the coffee at breakfast; we hope for your next stay everything would be faultless.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon.