“Boring Hotel”

Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
Ranked #6 of 139 Hotels in Cairo
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Nice hotel, but not recommended if you are travelling from Europe or US.
Most BORING bar ever, no nightlife, no International vibe.

Very good if you like a quiet place and you want to spend the rest of your stay inside your room.

Extremely overpriced drinks.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Kempinski N, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

We are so disappointed you couldn’t enjoy your time at the hotel; your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to improve our guests’ experience.

We have created a new entertainment plan in our Bars in order to please every taste, we hope we get the chance to welcoming you again and change your opinion and feel about our hotel.
Please allow me to invite you to join our Facebook page in order to be connected with us and get our latest updates about our latest activities and special promotions.

Best Regards from Kempinski Nile Hotel.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

WHEN I READ the comment at the internet i was thinking the hotel is something from the imagination
when i go to hotel i can't find someone to take my liguge i was thinking because that have a lot of check in and out i was so late one hour to take my key
when i enter the room i was so small
and the people at the hotel you feel that just do the work without soul of service
i think they are not friendly

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank annet k

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the travel community.

We are so disappointed we didn’t meet your expectations, please rest assure that the incidents you have mentioned are not our standards at all, which made us very surprised and disappointed.
We have shared your feedback with the appropriate employees, and I can assure you that this won’t occur again.

We hope we get the chance to welcoming you again and please ask for me in personal during your visit so that I can make sure you are accommodated in everything you might need.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Any Kempinski you go to is very nice, this one included. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. The rooms are very well appointed but smaller than I had imagined them to be. Facing the Nile has its pros and cons. While the view is beautiful, you must deal with the incessant horn honking of Cairo, although once the door is closed that all goes away. Seriously, the horn-honking is enough to drive you absolutely mad! The hotel set us up with a car and tour guide that was definitely the highlight of Cairo. If you can use the same guide please do- his name is Amro and he speaks English and German. This is one of the nicest hotels in Cairo and the prices reflect it, although with how much you can save with everything else in the city it is a wash. I don't think I'll ever be back in Cairo but if I do come back it will be at Kempinski.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dlvassallo
Reviewed January 9, 2013

One of the nicest hotels I've been to, room service food was good, and the two restaurants' food was very good and the waiters were good. Rooms were very nice, has everything you could want from a hotel, but is expensive.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank gilkesk
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here with my husband 2 days ago in room 9115 and we had the best experience. From check in to check out we were treated like royalty. On arrival to our room we were greeted with a lovely strawberry smoothie which was delicious! The room was nothing short of beautiful the bed was AMAZING with the best pillows ever!!! The style of our room was very stylish with a modern but homely feel. We was really pleased with the complimentary soft drinks in the mini bar great selection. We treated ourselves to room service for dinner as we didn't want to leave our room. Food was excellent and presented so beautifully. Included in our price of 200 dollars for the night was a buffet breakfast which was tasty, clean and a good selection. The staff was amazing in all sections of the hotel. My husband left our passports and marriage contracts In our room at checkout and just as we was about to leave Cairo by bus he remembered. We dashed back to the hotel in panic but from such a great hotel our documents were still there waiting for us. All in all we loved it here and will 100% be staying here whenever we are back in Cairo. Seriously don't know how anyone can have a bad word to say about this hotel. Keep up the good work kemplinski and we'll see you soon! Inshallah.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Emma L
Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was with my wife n we both love it ,I think we will come back ther defo,room number 9115 :) ,the room was proper clean n everything was awesome ,the bed was good ,the view was awesome ,the swimming pool was on the 11th floor which is awesome to me

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Moamen S
Reviewed January 8, 2013

First, I should explain that I wasn't prepared for Cairo. I had visions of pyramids and sand, a meandering nile with Fallucca's sailing peacefully by and friendly locals. I've lived in Oman for the last 2 years, so I thought my Middle East experience had given me a good foundation. I was wrong.

It is important to note that some of my thoughts have no reflection on the hotel but are important to understand when choosing to stay here.

Pros
Very friendly and engaged staff
Free soft drinks stocked daily (downside is they kept asking what we like and then bringing something we didn't drink
Unlimited tea and coffee delivered to your room
Fantastic free on-demand movies (although 2 movies stopped playing about 2/3 into the movie and there was no way to start over and fast forward to where it stopped)
Beautiful Spa Couples Suite Treatment Room
Nice view of the nile from the 10th floor restaurant and bar
Wonderful huge shower that you can use as a steam room with candles
Within walking distance of the Cairo Museum (but wouldn't recommend walking, aside from the very loud, constant honking, the people gathering on the nile side of the road did not make me feel comfortable at all and you have to be willing to play chicken with the traffic to cross the road.

Cons
The constant honking of cars on a very, very busy street in between the hotel and the nile makes it impossible to site outside.
The Nile View Deluxe Suite DOES NOT face the nile directly as we thought but is on the side of the building so you get to lean out the balcony to see the nile across the street.
The housekeeping left much to be desired. On our last day there we couldn't get them to come up at all despite multiple calls to the Butler. Also, when we tried to use the bath, a larger layer of black dust? coated the bubbles. Definitely not inviting!
Breakfast has a decent selection but be careful when ordering from the menu. Even though it says you get several things with omelets, for example, you MUST ask for everything in order to get it. And on our last breakfast, I asked for french toast and they brought me eggs. Normally not a big deal, but we were getting ready to head to the airport so I couldn't wait for them to make another order.

Overall, the trip was okay, but being on the 3rd floor of a hotel that does not have sufficient insulation to block out the horrendous honking of cars was a disappointment. Also, I appreciate the Butler service, but it would have been nice to have a coffee/tea machine in our room so we didn't have to call all the time. Note: even though coffee and tea is free when it's delivered, if you order only tea at the Chocolate Lounge, you will be charge around $13 USD. Seems a bit unreasonable to me.

The Concierge was great though and arranged a trip with a very good guide, Dina, to see the Pyramids.

And finally, the Spa was fantastic. The Couples Spa Suite had a jacuzzi bathtub, a steam shower and a sauna, all for private use before and/or after your treatments. It was definitely the highlight of the hotel in my opinion.

Overall, the price is reasonable for the services provided but I am not sure I would stay there again. There must be quieter locations available with housekeeping who doesn't drop the ball on cleanliness.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Melinda D
Kempinski N, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us, your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continuously improve our service.

We are so glad you could benefit from our free amenities such as free soft Minibar, tea and coffee, movie library and Butler service.
On the other hand, we are disappointed you had a problem with housekeeping and the breakfast staff, please rest assure that we have shared your feedback with the appropriate employees and serious actions have been taken. We have also added Tea and Coffee facilities in room in order to meet every guest desires and needs.
Despite the fact that you didn’t like Cairo, we hope to get the chance to welcoming you again if you have ever changed your mind.

Our best regards,