“Perfect Boutique Hotel on the Nile!”

Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Cairo
Canton of Zurich, Switzerland
“Perfect Boutique Hotel on the Nile!”
Reviewed January 5, 2012

I have stayed in hundreds of hotels all over the world, and I can honestly say this may be the best! My husband and I stayed in a Nile view room for 3 nights over Christmas. This was my first time in a Kempinski hotel, and I will go out of my way in the future to book this brand.

The location of the hotel is excellent! The rooms as beautifully decorated and include all the amenities (wi-fi, complementary mini bar and tea/coffee on request, bath salts and other specialty toiletries, bathrobes/slippers laid out, customized welcome message on the TV). The hotel facilities are also superb (rooftop heated pool, cigar/chocolate bar, bank/currency conversion on site, high security). The included breakfast offers a large selection and has eggs, crepes, etc made to order! The staff is extremely professional and is very attentive with special requests.

Do not think twice in determining if this hotel is worth the cost! You will not be disappointed!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank snsmith27

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (273)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed for a 7 nights, hotel is amazing, room very big & got upgraded to suite (I don't know why). food the restaurants is fantastic. very helpful & professorial staff.

They have very nice lobby with "Chocolate Lounge". you can see the Nile River from the balcony.
Free wifi internet every where.

Bug LCD with hundreds of free movies. You have to try the Osmaly Restaurant, very nice food but little bit expensive.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Abuhnida
London
Reviewed December 29, 2011

I recently stayed here with my family for a few days and we thought the hotel was lovely.
We had a junior suite which had ample space for the 4 of us. The hotel gave the kids 2 fold- out beds to go in the living room which worked really well as we could close the adjoining door when they went to sleep and still have lots of room left. The bed is probably the most comfortable one we have ever slept in!
We used room service a couple of times which was great as they brought the whole table in and made it a proper dining experience. It was also reasonably priced and cheaper than some of the restaurant options.
The staff couldn't do enough for you and were always happy to help. The concierge desk were very helpful with keeping us up to date on where it was safe to go and organising transport for us.
Most of all the rooftop pool was spectacular. It was wonderfully warm, great views especially at sunset and a lovely place to return to at the end of a hectic day in Cairo. The kids didn't want to get out and said it was their favourite thing of the whole trip!

Room Tip: Junior suite very good for 2 adults and 2 young kids
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank RamblingGirl
Virginia
Reviewed December 27, 2011

My stay at the Kempinski was an absolute pleasure. The rooms and decor are beautiful, the service impeccable, the staff friendly, and the food amazing. I loved every minute here. Let me give some examples - your room is stocked with several bottles of bottled water and complimentary beverages. In contrast, I stayed at the Marriott in Zamalek and they nickel and dimed you for everything - every bottle of water in the room was 25 Egyptian pounds (a little over 4 dollars - an exorbitant price in Egypt). At the Kempinski water was free. WIFI and the business center internet were also free (at the Marriott there was no WIFI signal and the business center was obscenely expensive). At the Kempinski when I called for a wakeup call they offered complimentary delivery of fresh coffee (even for a 4 am wake up call), so I got to enjoy a pot of fresh coffee on my balcony while watching the city wake up.

They just go out of their way to make your stay wonderful. The first night I asked for an iron and board and they didn't have one so they offered complimentary ironing of three pieces, which were returned within an hour. Where on earth do you get service like that?

As other reviewers have mentioned, the Osmanli restaurant is excellent as well. I don't usually have high expectations for hotel restaurants but this one was simply amazing.

Also, if you have any reservations about traveling to Egypt right now, put them out of your mind and go. Yes, the hotel is close to Tahrir square but the situation has calmed down and it's a very good time to go. You'll get a lot of tourist sites all to yourself and a lot of good discounts.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank mwanawadunia
Nice, France
Reviewed December 18, 2011

We heard so many bad experiences regarding the hotels and food before we go to Egypt. I think they have never been in Kempinski! What make the places good or bad is the people who live there. Kempinski's staff were impressive not only due to their professional qualities but also due to their smiling face. And what about Osmanli Restaurant! It is not surprising for me any more that Ottoman Empire lasted as the main power for centuries after tasting the amazing food they had been eating! Egypt is a beautiful country however unfortunately I couldn't experience it very much as we couldn't leave the hotel :)

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
3 Thank crnkmbsr
Kempinski N, General Manager at Kempinski Nile Hotel Cairo, responded to this review, January 17, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your great experience with us at Kempinski Nile Hotel.

We can’t agree with you more that people and quality are essential tools that make the place good or bad, we don’t just make sure to use the best ingredients and quality in the world but our dedicated staff also is always trying to go to the extra mile to exceed our guests expectations and make their stay with us wonderful.
We are so glad you have enjoyed Osmanly restaurant, with the support of our guests we succeeded to be number 1 on TripAdvisor Cairo restaurants. Please join us on our Facebook page to stay always updated with our latest news and offers.

We hope to see you soon again at the hotel for your next trip to Cairo. We are sure you didn’t get the chance to do everything on your list and we would love to help you to get the most of your time in Egypt.
brisbane
Reviewed December 12, 2011

The hotel is situated between the Four Seasons and the Intercontinental, ideally located for central Cairo attractions. However if you are thinking of walking to the Egyptian Museum along the banks of the Nile then think again as you will have to cross the suicide highway outside the hotel entrance, take a cab.
Hotel restaurants are limited, we tried the 'turkish with a twist' which was over priced and very average. I ordered a 360Le bottle of Italian wine only to be told they didn't have it in stock, instead they offered an 800Le bottle of Barolo, not quite in the same league or price bracket.
Breakfast was average for a hotel of this quality (request fresh coffee as always luke warm)as was the chocolate coffee bar adjacent to reception.
Don't even think of attracting the waite'rs attention at the 10th floor bar, he was far too concerned with studying the coloured lights on the till despite there only being half a dozen people in the bar.
Room was small but well decorated and furnished, (no alcohol in the minibar) however no seperate shower in the bathroom despite this being a superior Nile view room. Go for a suite.
You will need a room high up in the hotel to appreciate the view, ours was on level 7 but the Nile view was partially blocked by the trees outsid ethe hotel. Roof top pool small but adequate. Some staff excellent, others required much more training.

Room Tip: go high for a view, make sure you pester for a non smoking as I requested but didn't receive
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WhamBrisbane
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. Your thoughtful remarks are very helpful in allowing us to continue to deliver the most excellent experience.

We are sincerely disappointed that you did not take the utmost of your experience at our Turkish restaurant, your concerns have been discussed with the team, and we will do our best to ensure that such incidents will not happen again.
We have recently launched a new menu at Osmanly with a very affordable price offering to our guest the opportunity to discover how original and surprising Turkish kitchen can be. We hope that you will be able to try it for your next stay in Cairo. Have you heard about the Turkish chicken breast pudding? Also, concerning the wine, we are offering a selection of wine such Cap Bay with grapes from South Africa. This wine is offering as an example a great value for money in comparison with the imported ones.
Concerning the room, we would like to suggest for your next visit to book suite as we are currently offering a significant number of suites at a price of a deluxe room through our website. Indeed, we believe that our guests would value such upgrade and could feel get the most from their Cairo experience. You can even benefit from our Winter Break offer and save up to 30% off in addition to all our complimentary amenities we make sure to offer to all our guests (free internet, free on demand movies videos, free mini bar etc.).

We are looking forward to welcoming you back and be assured that we will take the utmost care to make sure you are accommodated in everything you desire.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 10, 2011

As I travel alot and have stayed in many hotels...I was hoping this would live up to expection..I was wrong..this hotel has everything and more..My Suite was amazing with a living room, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a bed that you don't want to leave!! Staff..very helpful nothing is a bother day or night they want to help you with anything they can..I ate my lunch in The Blue resturant one afternoon and enjoyed it so much that i was offered to join the chief in the kitchen to learn and cook my meal!!..
while i was there i celebrated my birthday and decided to go to the spa for a pamper day..I enjoyed so very much 3 and a half hours of total relaxation..body scrub..mud wrap, massage, facial..My skin was like a babys afterwards! :))
They have a great bar on the 10th floor and the view is pretty amazing at night..I enjoyed myself there and the cocktails very good..
I even had a suprise from hotel management..A birthday cake was brought up to me in the bar..I was deeply touched..
So thank you Kempinski for the time of my life...I hope to return very soon..

Room Tip: Try and ask for a nile view..
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends