“Terrific, well organized trip to Egypt”
Review of Memphis Tours

Memphis Tours
Ranked #10 of 312 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination. All trips with Memphis Tours are known for: high quality of service with an affordable price, flexibility with clients' interests and needs, small groups, friendly, personal service, knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
Reviewed March 27, 2016

We just had a great trip to Egypt! We planned the trip through Memphis Tours with a combination of a small group tour (the Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor with a group of 12 with guide Ahmed/Friday and drivers) and private tour (with guide Sayed and driver Mohammed) of Cairo and Alexandria. The trip was customized to our wishes, and all the bookings done for us. We were met and the airport, picked up at hotel, every time without a hitch. We felt safe and well taken care of, allowing us to fully enjoy all that Egypt has to offer. All the historic sites you expect, incredibly friendly locals (wanting to take selfies with us!), great food, exciting chaos that is driving in Cairo, everything that you can imagine and more! All reasonably priced too.
Many thanks to Friday our group guide for his expertise and enthusiasm, helping us to imagine what it was like to walk these sites in their heyday. Thanks to Sayed for his energy and willingness to adapt to our interests. And Mohammed - we felt safe in the crazy traffic!
Don't hesitate to come to Egypt. Security everywhere and the locals are so friendly to the tourists. And please consider Memphis Tours to take care of all the details. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank ACfromBC
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2016

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your review with Memphis Tours. We have been so much pleased to welcoming you and hopefully we are always up to your expectations. Please accept our sincerest wishes.

Memphis Tours Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,107)
All reviews
in 67 reviews
"sharm el"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed March 27, 2016

This is a late post, but I don't want to miss my opportunity to acknowledge Memphis Tours for their part in making my trip to Egypt such an amazing one. From the point of arrival into Cairo, I was greeted by a representative who took me to the car and driver who drove us to my hotel. The representatives, drivers and tour guides took great care of me. They were efficient, timely and professional. Every tour in Cairo was a private tour comprised of a tour guide and driver who was with me at all times. All entrance fees and arrangements were taken cared of at every location. The driver was always parked nearby so when we were finished with each destination we never had to walk far or wait long because the car would arrive and pick us up right out front. From Cairo I flew to Luxor for my cruise down the River Nile to Aswan. Memphis took care of the plane tickets, my transportation to the airport, from the airport in Luxor to the river boat, my checkin to the river boat, and all the amazing tours as we sailed down the Nile. I was concerned about going to the Middle East solo and as a woman, but everyone at Memphis Tours ensured my safety and that all my arrangements were made so all I had to be concerned with was absorbing all of the history, magic and awesomeness of Egypt. I thank Islam, Mostafa and Friday (tour guide's name on Nile river cruise) for their professionalism and for doing such a great job.

1  Thank SonjyaJ
Reviewed March 26, 2016

We were a group of three women in our early 20s traveling to Egypt for the first time and from the moment we met our memphis tour guide it was smooth sailing. The person who met us at the airport greeted us with pictures of us from Facebook immediately breaking the ice!! Tarek and Medhat were amazing guides through Cairo and our driver Steve was reliable and so welcoming. We went ATVing around the pyramids, on a nile dinner boat cruise, saw a pyramid sound and light show and did a day tour of Cairo as extra additions to our travel package. I would recommend anyone of those things. The food in Egypt was also wonderful and definitely ask your tour guide if you can try Koshari!! I can't wait to come back to Egypt and hopefully get to see our memphis tour guides again. Overall we were all very happy and comfortable throughout our wonderful trip.

2  Thank kishahraj
Farrag Y, Manager at Memphis Tours, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2016

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experience with Memphis Tours and the community. We have been so pleased that you enjoyed your trip that much and hopefully we are always at your disposal. Please accept our sincerest wishes.

Reviewed March 25, 2016 via mobile

The service provided by ahmed the guide and d driver hassan was amazing. They were very helping and cooperating with us.i recommend memphis tours for anyone visiting cairo.
Thanks
Aliya

1  Thank Hana A

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you so much for submitting your review with Memphis Tours and the community. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your trip and hopefully we get the chance of welcoming you again soon.

See more reviews
Reviewed March 23, 2016

I have never worked with a tour company as professional and competent as Memphis Tours. Our 9-day tour from Aswan to Cairo in March was staffed with consummate professionals, from the world's greatest guide Ahmed Farahat in the north to the brilliant Egyptologist Mohammed Emam who worked the southern portion of our trip from Aswan to Luxor. As me anything about Pharonic history, no really. Throughout the trip for four, two gay guys and two senior moms, our tour manager Tarek was there like clockwork to make sure we were picked up and delivered to airports and the cruise ship - and not just dropped off but taken through the multiple security screenings and form-filling exercises that are part of travel in Egypt. We had security staff (required by the U.S. government) for intercity travel, but we never felt unsafe at any time in this beautiful country. The Sonesta St. George cruise ship was the height of luxury and service. The people everywhere were open and friendly and engaging. But you could tell they wished they had more tourists to sell to, as the fear of travel following the revolution really decimated a lot of tourism-related businesses. So the vendors were eager to sell, and follow you down the street, but our guides kept a lid on the mayhem, giving us silent signals when we wanted them to indicate if something was a decent bargain or not. We climbed down into tombs and pyramids the whole way, and saw sites by ourselves that before the 2011 revolution were jam packed with tourists. Now people are afraid to visit Egypt and that turned out to be perhaps our biggest bonus: the ability to take pictures of the ruins without hoards of tourists. I don't know what to say except that you can't go wrong with Memphis tours. They are professionals through and through. And come to Egypt. Make your Facebook friends really jealous.

2  Thank writeguysf1

Dear Valuable Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time in sharing your experience with Memphis Tours. Your review is very important to us and highly appreciated and we are sure that it will be of so much help to the community too.