“The best travel company ever”
Review of Memphis Tours

Memphis Tours
Ranked #12 of 293 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination. All trips with Memphis Tours are known for: high quality of service with an affordable price, flexibility with clients' interests and needs, small groups, friendly, personal service, knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
Reviewed September 4, 2013

No words to describe how well organized they are. We were hesitant at the beginning about sending a money deposit to book our tour thru Egypt, Jordan & Israel with Memphis Tours. To be honest , this company is just amazing ! The guides, drivers, the organization itself ! They were taking care of us the whole time! I do recommend Memphis Tours 300 % !

1  Thank Turrubares
Write a ReviewReviews (5,065)
All reviews
in 68 reviews
"through customs"
"sharm el"

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We were planning to go to Egypt, beginning of July 2013.

From the very start, Memphis was fantastic. When you go to their website, you can right away talk to someone and they will provide you with a wealth of information. The very first person I spoke to, the lovely Marwa, was my travel consultant throughout my planning. Basically the staff that answer your message will direct you straight to your consultant and they will be very well across all your planning and what you've spoken about. It's a wonderful thing dealing with the same person each time.

Marwa from Memphis helped me plan my trip so well and offered unbeatable value - and I checked at a few different places. What Marwa was able to negotiate for me was far better than other places I looked at. She also offered great insights and things I hadn't even thought of. We started of wanting to book our cruise only through them, but in the end, I wanted Memphis to organise our entire trip, from beginning to end.

We were so excited about our trip and had all the confidence because of the support and guidance offered through Memphis, that when we were forced to cancel our trip, we were quite devestated. Our travel insurance was not going to cover us after June 30 if we decided to go to Egypt, regardless of the advice from the Govt not to go.

Marwa was honest with her advice about what we should do in view of the situation, but in the end, we decided not to go. I so much appreciated her attitude, after the many hours she had spent assisting me - she was not in any way less helpful and kind after I pulled the plug on the trip. I valued that so much and it has made me want to visit Egypt even more, I have heard that Egyptian people are kind and helpful and I can see that clearly from my dealings with Memphis. I can't wait for the very next opportunity to be able to go and experience this ancient land for msyelf. Hopefully the turmoil ends very soon.

And when we can go next, i wouldn't go with anyone else but Memphis Tours. Local, professional and very knowledgable company.

Thank you Marwa and Memphis.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I chose Memphis tours because of their ratings on Trip Advisor and their package prices.

From the first email with Yorsi, I could tell Memphis Tours was on top of their game. Yorsi was prompt in responding with detailed information about the tours and answered every question. This was my first time traveling to Egypt so I had a lot of questions about our hotels, cruises, meals, attire etc. Yorsi did not leave one question unanswered.

I toured Egypt with Memphis Tours from June 29 2013 - June 8, 2013. There were many alerts and advisories to avoid Egypt but I boarded my flight anyway. I was there during the protests but still managed to have a great time thanks to Memphis Tours and their tour team. Luckily the protests were in Cairo away from the pyramids. Some of our planned sightseeing was changed for our safety but the tour guides made us feel safe and put us up in 5 star hotels when plans changed and Ahmed El Sayed communicated with us about every change and worked with what we wanted to do.

Our guides Ahmed Farahat, Alaa Elsawy, driver Muhammad Elaskary and tour leader Ahmed El Sayed were GREAT and made us feel welcomed and safe. Ahmed F. shared a lot of knowledge about his people, the sights and was patient in explaining history and areas as we drove through the towns. Ahmed El Sayed was very professional and patient every minute he was with us from meeting us at the airport to coordinating new activities and explaining day to day life in Egypt and the different areas of Egypt and introducing us to welcome tea.

Our tour guide Alaa Elsawy has a love for his county’s rich history and I could hear it in his voice as he took us on the tours . His explanations about the culture, the temples and the people where passionate and always with a bit of humor to make sure we were listening. His approach with a touch of humor helped me forget about the July heat as we toured the temples.

This was a trip of a life time and I got a lot more than I expected; very happy about that. At the end of my trip, the tour guides made me feel like family. I plan to return to Egypt and will tour with Memphis tours again. Hopefully I will get me same tour guides.

Thank you for making my tour a GREAT tour.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

I turned out to be the only guest on this tour and had a really full, enjoyable day. Tourists are few and far between right now, which means you more or less get the sites to yourself. The tour guide, Joseph Selim, knew plenty about the sites and explained things in great detail, though perhaps we could have had a slightly closer look at Sakkara, which I felt was a bit rushed. I guess visits to souvenir shops and a certain amount of pressure to buy are obligatory on this kind of tour, but I will say the choice of restaurant for lunch was extremely good.