“Excellent Tours in both Luxor and Cairo”
Review of Memphis Tours

Memphis Tours
Ranked #1 of 270 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination. All trips with Memphis Tours are known for: high quality of service with an affordable price, flexibility with clients' interests and needs, small groups, friendly, personal service, knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Tours in both Luxor and Cairo”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

We recently went to Egypt and organised tours in both Luxor and Cairo through Memphis Tours. Both were great, we had our own driver and guide so the tour catered to exactly what we wanted. We were in good hands and as well as having fun we learnt lots about the local culture and monuments. Guides were very knowledgeable and made us feel safe. We would definitely recommend it. Thank you!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank Julia S

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Tucson, Arizona
98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Cairo-Luxor: all the Egypt you need!”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I decided to stop in Egypt on the way to an internship/volunteer work in Tanzania this summer. Initially I thought about doing the single day layover, but when I did the research, I couldn't help but sign up for the Cairo-Luxor package with Memphis Tours. Having studied Egypt substantially in college, this was a dream come true.
My guide in Cairo, Rehab was wonderful. She was an Egyptologist and provided great information to help me appreciate the sites we visited (pyramids, Egyptian Museum, downtown, Old Cairo). Most importantly, she helped make the day as stress free as possible, and adjusted our tour to make sure we didn't get stuck in heavy traffic areas. Be sure to ask for Rehab, you won't regret it!
In Luxor, my guide, Shaimaa Baheeg was absolutely wonderful. She was also very professional and personable. Luxor is a great addition to your trip because the town is a lot smaller and has a "home-town" feel to it. The people are great, and Shaimaa definitely helped me feel like a part of the Luxor family. She even hooked me up with a personalized lunch of my favorite Egyptian foods (koshary, fruit, soobia, sugar cane drinks...the works!). Honestly, ask for Shaimaa when you go to Luxor, she's like the long lost Egyptian cousin that you didn't know you had!
My tour director, Osama was amazing. I honestly felt like I had nothing to worry about at all. He was really fun to talk to as well. I learned a lot about Egyptian society, politics, and lifestyles just from our chats. He's the MAN!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Gregg L
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Very Professional. You're in Good Hands”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Joseph looked after us today and we had a very smooth and enjoyable day. He was very knowledgable and friendly and upbeat! He gave us a wonderful memory of Cairo and the Pyramids, which we will treasure for the rest of our lives. Have no concerns about visiting Egypt! Egyptians are very friendly and welcoming.

Visited June 2013
London, United Kingdom
47 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Great Tour Company - Very Professional”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We travelled in a group of 6 and did a tour with Memphis from Cairo to Luxor and would highly recommend anyone to book with them if planning a trip to Egypt. The staff are very well-organised, professional, accommodating, and strive to make your trip as stress-free and easy as possible. They take care of everything from hotel reservations to booking domestic flights to entry visas. All we had to do was show up!!

Honestly we would have been very lost and confused if we had DIY. It's not easy to get around on your own and find your own way in Egypt. Memphis saved us a lot of time, headaches, and offers good value for money considering what you get out of the tour!

Visited April 2013
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Memphis Tours showed us all of Egypt!”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I stumbled onto Memphis Tours online after our plans with another tour company, GoWay Travel, fell through due to their incompetence. Turns out it was a lucky break! Memphis Tours was awesome, and helped my friend and I arrange our entire trip across Egypt. I set up the entire trip with Mustafa Ahmed, via online chat and then over email. Mustafa gave us several options based on what I said we wanted to do, and everything we agreed on was exactly as advertised. After the bad experience with GoWay Travel (seriously, their name alone should say it all: Go AWAY!), I kept expecting our plans to unravel into a total disaster. But Memphis was excellent! Since my friend and I were flying into Luxor from our safari in Tanzania-Nairoi, Mustafa arranged for a car to pick us up at the airport, where Mahmoud was there waiting for us with a sign and advice to help us pick up our entry visas. We were then driven down to Aswan (about 3 hours) to board our ship for our Nile River cruise. Once on the ship, Ahmed Gomaa (aka "Friday") was our guide, and he was excellent. He showed us around at all the sites along the way, and even took us on a special "city tour" once we arrived back in Luxor. We also visited Abydos and Dendera with Friday before catching a flight to Cairo. Again, someone from Memphis Tours was there in Cairo to pick us up at the airport. Once in Cairo, our tour guide was Emad Seleem. He is a free agent guide, but he often works with Memphis, Emad was awesome, and took us to all the sites in Cairo (per our agreed upon itinerary), including the pyramids, the Sphinx, Coptic Cairo, the Egyptian Museum, and the public market. Then, we did a 2-day overnight desert safari, where we camped in the middle of the Sahara in the White Mountains. This was amazing! Definitely one of the highlights of the whole trip! All the while, Emad was incredibly knowledgeable about the history and specifics of each place, and took TONS of great pictures of us!

Going into this trip I was totally clueless on Egypt, and how to see and do all the things we wanted to do, and even the people I talked to who had been there didn't have much to recommend about tour companies or guides. Really I think we lucked out by stumbling onto Memphis Tours, and now I would definitely use them again, and/or recommend them--and our guides Friday and Emad specifically!--to anyone who asked. So it was quite fortuitous that I came across Mustafa on Memphis' online chat feature.

One minor note, and this is much more about Egypt in general than about Memphis Tours: the tipping culture is huge in Egypt, which is primarily a sign of a very poor and unsophisticated economy, with everyone wanting a cut for every little thing. This is very annoying, especially when you're on vacation and don't want to be constantly playing accountant and banker, calculating how much to tip, and making sure you have enough of the appropriate denominations handy at the right times. But, it is what it is, and that's just part of traveling to foreign lands with different cultures and customs. My big recommendation is just to minimize this pain by having plenty of currency (Egyptian pounds) in many different denominations. Then, assuming you have a good guide with whom you feel comfortable, and is trustworthy, simply ask him how much you should tip various people, so you don't have to do the math, and/or end up in an awkward situation where you don't tip enough.

Visited June 2013