“Tour to Karnak, the Nile, Luxor”
Review of Memphis Tours

Memphis Tours
Ranked #1 of 270 Tours in Cairo
More attraction details
Owner description: We recognize a traveler's desire for independence, the necessities for a fulfilling visit to Egypt, and the challenges of travel. This is why we have created these comprehensive tours which offer travelers their independence in their experiences and our assistance in making Egypt an easy and fantastic experience. We bridge the gap between a traveler's dreams and their destination. All trips with Memphis Tours are known for: high quality of service with an affordable price, flexibility with clients' interests and needs, small groups, friendly, personal service, knowledgeable and honest tour operators and guides. With years of dedication to tourism, whether your interests are in the natural, adventurous, historical, cultural, or spiritual sides of Egypt, we have the best resources for any kind of trip. With Memphis Tours you will find the right trip for your time, budget, and interests. With the help of our skilled tour operators and Egyptologist guides, also can take you through these essential Egyptian sites.
San Diego
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tour to Karnak, the Nile, Luxor”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We were on the Pacific Princess World Cruise this year. We made arrangements with Mokhtar for an all day tour from our port at Safaga. He was prompt in picking us up, and we had a wonderful time seeing much of rural Egypt and learning about his country. His English was excellent, and he did not hesitate to answer any and all questions. The time in Luxor/Karnak was fantastic - we saw so much. Lunch along the Nile was delicious. If you are stopping at Safaga, don't hesitate to book with Memphis Tours!

Visited March 2012

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
vancouver
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Integrity!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We had booked a lovely over night tour with Memphis Tours when visiting Egypt on a cruise ship. Unfortunately, 1 week prior to our cruise, Oceania cruises cancelled our stops in Egypt. I contacted Fattoush, our agent, and we received a full refund for our deposit. It was very reassuring that Memphis Tours followed through with their promise, "full refunds given if your cruise ship doesn't stop in Egypt'.
We will use Memphis Tours again.

1 Thank nelsons
Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Incredible Journey!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I knew from reviews on Tripadvisor that my overnight stay in Cairo would be great. Memphis Tours organized a two day excursion which included all the major sights, both in Cairo and Alexandria. Seeing the Pyramids, Mohammed Ali Mosque, Citadels in both cities, the Egyptian Museum and the Alexandria Library, just to name a few, was incredible, and I returned home with memories that will last a lifetime. But it was more than just seeing the sights. From the moment I started organizing this excursion with Memphis, I knew by their professionalism, prompt response and kindness, that I had made the right decision in choosing them. But for me it was much more than that. Our tour guide Sherif was without a doubt one of the kindest men I have ever met in my life. While it is true that he was extremely well versed on details of the Muslim, Jewish and Christian faiths and cultures as well as his deep knowledge of Egyptian history, it was his warmth and generosity that remains with me today. I have taken many cruises and seen many things, and can honestly say that because of Sherif, this was the greatest visit I have ever had. I am grateful and blessed to have met him and to have learned so much from him. Of course I could not end this review without mentioning Ashraf, our driver, who despite that craziest driving I have ever seen in any city, was brilliant and made us feel comfortable at all times. Many of us take cruises and excursions often, but this one, from beginning to end, touched my heart and lifted my spirits. While the "sights" were wonderful to see, it is the feelings deep in my heart for Sherif, Ashrad and for the people of Egypt that remain so vivid in my memory. Thank you, thank you, thank you.......

2 Thank PJay66
Sedona, Arizona
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Great Service”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We had a scheduled private tour with Memphis Tours for two days when our cruise ship would dock in Egypt this past September. Due to concerns by Princess Cruises, our stop in Egypt was cancelled. Our travel consultant, Fattoush Saad, worked with us when we had to cancel our tour just two weeks before our expected arrival. We only had to send her the communications we had received from Princess detailing the cancellation of our stops in Egypt and she arranged a full refund of our deposit. She and Memphis Tours showed the highest integrity in arranging a full refund. When we travel to Egypt in the future, we will for sure use Memphis Tours. Thank you very much Fattoush.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BeautifulArizona
Manly, Australia
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Walked like an Egyptian - Luxor to Aswan”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

My 2 friends and I chose to go with Memphis tours for our Nile Cruise from Luxor to Aswan and then again for our Desert Tour and our brief trip to the Pyramids.

Our tour guide Alaa who joined us for the Nile Cruise was truly inspiring. Not only was his knowledge on every aspect of Ancient Egypt jaw-dropping, but, being a student of history his obvious passion was evident and made the stories come to life... I think our tour was made by Alaa and we were lucky to have him...
On top of our trip through history, Alaa assisted with all our travel arrangements, (we hadn't pre-planned much) without any difficulty including dealing with the difficult Alitalia office in Cairo.

Following our regretful departure from Alaa we flew to Sharm el Sheikh and then back to Cairo with Memphis for the desert Tour. Having had such an exceptional guide in Alaa set a difficult bar to surpass and our Memphis desert guide didn't quite make it but the local desert guide/driver was excellent... We had a great night out there despite the 10 hour drive.

Overall Memphis was good - i think it depends on the guide you get but they will always help where they can. I would happily use them again...

2 Thank Laura T