“Best Koshary”

Cuisines: Egyptian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed June 13, 2013

They have only one meal that is Egyptian National dish Koshary and this restaurant served best Koshary in whole Egypt. We ordered 2 large Koshary and 2 water and it was only $4 for 2 person. Portion size large enough to fill you up. Koshary is a mixture of fried lentil,Pasta,and chick peas and tomato sauce garnish with Fried onion. Taste very delicious. They serve a spicy sauce to make it spicy if you wish. For desert they have rice pudding which we did not ordered because the koshary portion was big enough to accommodate anything else.

1  Thank milon224

Reviewed May 12, 2013

I did not expect to like Egyptian food, but this was fantastic with all the sauces added in - very satisfying, quick AND inexpensive, without having to haggle (which is really a pleasure in Egypt).

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food has already been discussed here so I'll just share my experience. It was initially a challenge to find a worker who spoke english but this is how the system works: you order either the koshary or the the special after you're seated and you pay at the table before leaving. Pretty simple! My wife is a really picky eater while travelling yet both she and I had a great experience here and the special was well worth the extra money. We went here right after visiting the pyramids and the huge meals were more than enough to refuel us. Exotic food in a very comfortable environment.

1  Thank Panu P
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great Koshary place near the Egyptian Museum. We ate on the top floor. I think we could've gone with the standard koshary, but we got served the "special" which is about 2 LE more. The hot sauce is actually spicy, which was a surprise since food isn't that spicy in Egypt.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Every city or region is known for one or two very particular dishes. Well Cairo is famous for Abou Tarek's Koshery. Right downtown. The word may come from Hindi or Bengali .. Kitchoory. Basically its comfort food for Cairo. Noodles, rice, lentils, chickpeas, lemon, crispy onions, tomatoes sauce, chilli sauce... its a must must try. I have it at least once on every Cairo trip yearly. With visitors I always have them try this... hmmmmm.

1  Thank Ruby R